Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
MYSTERY: CHAPTER 2
flamez3 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 48
RE: MYSTERY: CHAPTER 2

Ffs, please people. I only updated the fucking download. I am seriously sick of seeing threads telling people how to make stories/ how to make scares/ why jump scares do not work. Please leave this thread alone as it it was only updated for people who wanted another link since megaupload shut down. Thanks.

Sorry for teh langauge. c:

(This post was last modified: 02-09-2012, 03:52 AM by flamez3.)
02-09-2012, 03:48 AM
Find
Miss Rigi Offline

Threads: 3

(02-09-2012, 03:48 AM)flamez3 Wrote: Ffs, please people. I only updated the fucking download. I am seriously sick of seeing threads telling people how to make stories/ how to make scares/ why jump scares do not work. Please leave this thread alone as it it was only updated for people who wanted another link since megaupload shut down. Thanks.

Hey, I can understand why you'd be ticked off from the sudden influx of preaching. What I would like to see is if, instead of eradicating jump scares, you might try running up to them? Creating paranoia and then throwing the scare out as a climactic punctuation? Not for this project of course, but I'd love to see how you would execute that C:

Vos rapio meus spiritus absentis.
Voice Actress
02-09-2012, 04:12 AM
Find
flamez3 Offline
Posting Freak

(02-09-2012, 03:48 AM)flamez3 Wrote: Please leave this thread alone as it it was only updated for people who wanted another link since megaupload shut down. Thanks.

Spoiler below!
900 post : D

(This post was last modified: 02-09-2012, 04:19 AM by flamez3.)
02-09-2012, 04:19 AM
Find
ZraloK Offline

Threads: 1

(02-09-2012, 02:45 AM)kman Wrote: If you honestly think that this is scary, then you don't understand the word or the emotion. Let me ask you something, would you find it scary if a puppy flew at your face out of no where and it barked at the same time? No. You'd be startled. It's a human reflex, seeing something flash in front of you triggers that human instinct. It doesn't scare you, it startles you. The only difference here is they replace the puppy with a naked body and the bark with a random scream and SOMEHOW just a change this small makes something pass as scary. there's no difference, it's just triggering human instinct. There's nothing scary about it. Now on the other hand, let me ask you this. Say you were sitting in your room at night, alone. You heard someone walking around on the floor below you, and you weren't expecting anyone to be home for hours. Now in this case it really could just be some pet walking around, but you don't know that. You also don't know if some psychopath had really made his way into your house and was walking around looking for you. THAT'S real horror. In a situation like that you're mind plays tricks on you, just the slightest noise can send someone into complete paranoia. That's the kind of stuff that keeps you awake at night as you wonder if there really was someone there. Jumpscares will never have that kind of effect, tell me, when was the last time you were kept up at night or you found yourself nervously looking over your shoulder constantly because you were startled by a jumpscare. I'll go ahead and answer that for you, NEVER.

/end rant
Skimmed but only read the beginning.. don't have time for rants. The random jump reflexes could not and would not keep you in it, but that's not all there is, hurr durr. These stories build suspense for me because I never know what's next and when. The actual jumps are not what are scary (take this as a win if it pleases your emotional self Wink ).

But the lore based stories are so BORING (constant do this than this plot with... BIG SURPRISE you picked up key item, grunt is here hide ftw) if your retarded ass thinks that is scary, cuddle the puppy you ranted about (wtf was that about anyway lol).

Point is in these (I at least) never know what might happen when, and that suspense scares me the most in amnesia.

(02-09-2012, 03:48 AM)flamez3 Wrote: Ffs, please people. I only updated the fucking download. I am seriously sick of seeing threads telling people how to make stories/ how to make scares/ why jump scares do not work. Please leave this thread alone as it it was only updated for people who wanted another link since megaupload shut down. Thanks.

Oops, responded to the d-bags before seeing this, sorry for feeding dem trolls, I too am a troll and don't like to see other trolls starve, however dumb.

Pce out flames, thanks again for the stories!

"Death is light as a feather, duty is heavy as a mountain."
--Rand Al'Thor
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2012, 02:02 AM by ZraloK.)
02-11-2012, 01:59 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Spoiler below!
(02-11-2012, 01:59 AM)ZraloK Wrote:
(02-09-2012, 02:45 AM)kman Wrote: If you honestly think that this is scary, then you don't understand the word or the emotion. Let me ask you something, would you find it scary if a puppy flew at your face out of no where and it barked at the same time? No. You'd be startled. It's a human reflex, seeing something flash in front of you triggers that human instinct. It doesn't scare you, it startles you. The only difference here is they replace the puppy with a naked body and the bark with a random scream and SOMEHOW just a change this small makes something pass as scary. there's no difference, it's just triggering human instinct. There's nothing scary about it. Now on the other hand, let me ask you this. Say you were sitting in your room at night, alone. You heard someone walking around on the floor below you, and you weren't expecting anyone to be home for hours. Now in this case it really could just be some pet walking around, but you don't know that. You also don't know if some psychopath had really made his way into your house and was walking around looking for you. THAT'S real horror. In a situation like that you're mind plays tricks on you, just the slightest noise can send someone into complete paranoia. That's the kind of stuff that keeps you awake at night as you wonder if there really was someone there. Jumpscares will never have that kind of effect, tell me, when was the last time you were kept up at night or you found yourself nervously looking over your shoulder constantly because you were startled by a jumpscare. I'll go ahead and answer that for you, NEVER.

/end rant
Skimmed but only read the beginning.. don't have time for rants. The random jump reflexes could not and would not keep you in it, but that's not all there is, hurr durr. These stories build suspense for me because I never know what's next and when. The actual jumps are not what are scary (take this as a win if it pleases your emotional self Wink ).

But the lore based stories are so BORING (constant do this than this plot with... BIG SURPRISE you picked up key item, grunt is here hide ftw) if your retarded ass thinks that is scary, cuddle the puppy you ranted about (wtf was that about anyway lol).

Point is in these (I at least) never know what might happen when, and that suspense scares me the most in amnesia.

Oops, responded to the d-bags before seeing this, sorry for feeding dem trolls, I too am a troll and don't like to see other trolls starve, however dumb.

Originally decided not to respond to you to respect Flamez wishes, but fuck it, if you're going to say that much retardation in one post then I have no choice Smile. First, I was not trolling, and if you thought I was you have no idea what the word means. I was simply pointing out the truth, and because you obviously don't have the brain capacity to pay attention to something for longer than 5 seconds, let alone comprehend what someone is trying to say past "OH JMPSCARRS R SO SCAREEEE!!!!" then it comes as no surprise that you obviously didn't understand that. Try to actually learn what a term means next time before you use it. And if you're too stupid to comprehend what horror is then you can kindly get the hell out of a forum based around a horror gaming company. What you're saying is basically you're scared of waiting for a dead body to fly at your face and go "A BOOGLY WOOGLY WOO". Wow, sounds terrifying. "But the lore based stories are so BORING (constant do this than this plot with... BIG SURPRISE you picked up key item, grunt is here hide ftw) if your retarded ass thinks that is scary, cuddle the puppy you ranted about (wtf was that about anyway lol)." a few things, one, I don't tend to find stories that are just monster spawners loaded with keys to be scary, so stop trying to act like you know my taste (although they are a step above jumpscare maps). I prefer a custom story where they actually take the time to build up tension and have well thought out scares that don't envolve you spending half the game in a closet. Secondly, with the whole "puppy" thing, it's called a metaphor. And if you really didn't understand that I'd like to recommend you take the third grade again. And fine with me if you enjoy these kinds of maps, but if you try to tell me that jumpscare maps are even CLOSE to the quality of Amnesia then I will gladly release un-holy internet hell on you. With that said though, I don't feel like playing this game and I feel kind of bad for turning Flamez thread into this, so you can say all you want to me but I'm done replying. Anyways, with that said, have a nice day!

Posting Freak
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2012, 02:42 AM by Kman.)
02-11-2012, 02:41 AM
Website Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

Spoiler below!

[spoiler]
(02-11-2012, 02:41 AM)kman Wrote: [spoiler]
(02-11-2012, 01:59 AM)ZraloK Wrote:

/end rant

Kman:

Originally decided not to respond to you to respect Flamez wishes, but fuck it, if you're going to say that much retardation in one post then I have no choice Smile. First, I was not trolling, and if you thought I was you have no idea what the word means. I was simply pointing out the truth, and because you obviously don't have the brain capacity to pay attention to something for longer than 5 seconds, let alone comprehend what someone is trying to say past "OH JMPSCARRS R SO SCAREEEE!!!!" then it comes as no surprise that you obviously didn't understand that. Try to actually learn what a term means next time before you use it. And if you're too stupid to comprehend what horror is then you can kindly get the hell out of a forum based around a horror gaming company. What you're saying is basically you're scared of waiting for a dead body to fly at your face and go "A BOOGLY WOOGLY WOO". Wow, sounds terrifying. "But the lore based stories are so BORING (constant do this than this plot with... BIG SURPRISE you picked up key item, grunt is here hide ftw) if your retarded ass thinks that is scary, cuddle the puppy you ranted about (wtf was that about anyway lol)." a few things, one, I don't tend to find stories that are just monster spawners loaded with keys to be scary, so stop trying to act like you know my taste (although they are a step above jumpscare maps). I prefer a custom story where they actually take the time to build up tension and have well thought out scares that don't envolve you spending half the game in a closet. Secondly, with the whole "puppy" thing, it's called a metaphor. And if you really didn't understand that I'd like to recommend you take the third grade again. And fine with me if you enjoy these kinds of maps, but if you try to tell me that jumpscare maps are even CLOSE to the quality of Amnesia then I will gladly release un-holy internet hell on you. With that said though, I don't feel like playing this game and I feel kind of bad for turning Flamez thread into this, so you can say all you want to me but I'm done replying. Anyways, with that said, have a nice day!

I hate to contribute, so I will only say this. Kman was right in the aspects that he has provided. Please take the time to READ it and perhaps get a second idea. It's always safe to hear 2 sides of a story before giving in to a biased choice. I have never played Mystery, so I am unaware of how it plays, so I can not speak for anyone, so I am quite neutral here. Stick to what you do Flamez, You're quite the helper around here =]

(This post was last modified: 02-11-2012, 04:29 AM by Statyk.)
02-11-2012, 04:28 AM
Find
ZraloK Offline

Threads: 1

again not reading all of it, no breaks and i saw too many caps, you mad bro, but w/e you are a troll for attacking a custom story for not being what you wanted,
1. troll 10491 up, 1181 down

One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument
Hurr Durr we have a match (it is both of us, I wasn't afraid to admit it though)

Anyway gl and pce bruh, cheers XD

"Death is light as a feather, duty is heavy as a mountain."
--Rand Al'Thor
02-11-2012, 07:34 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

(02-11-2012, 07:34 AM)ZraloK Wrote: again not reading all of it, no breaks and i saw too many caps, you mad bro, but w/e you are a troll for attacking a custom story for not being what you wanted,
1. troll 10491 up, 1181 down

One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument
Hurr Durr we have a match (it is both of us, I wasn't afraid to admit it though)

Anyway gl and pce bruh, cheers XD
*Sigh* Since my vocabulary and proper grammar is too significant for a mind like yours, I can only inquire that you range among the ages of ten to fifteen. So allow me to step out of my zone and translate my English to mentally incapable.

Translation just for you:

ohai, i h8 to pick fights w/ u all, so her ya go. i agree wit kman. u should check wut he sed twice n think bout it. its always good 2 hear to sides of a story b4 choosin the wrong 1, brah! never playd mystery, so idk. i aint on either side. =\ good job flamez! always teh helper on teh forums!

Well, I hope you can understand what I had said now. As this actually took time to PROCESS using improper grammar and idiotic expressions. Learn how to handle an argument before you leave on the first sentence and throw an attitude. You are the only mind causing an issue here.

P.S. It is not difficult to search the definition of "troll" if you can not describe the term on your own. Just move on, kiddo.

(This post was last modified: 02-11-2012, 07:51 AM by Statyk.)
02-11-2012, 07:50 AM
Find
flamez3 Offline
Posting Freak

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
And fyi. I make maps because I like to make maps. Whether or not they have jump scares in my map in them at all is besides the point. Kman, Miss Rigi; and even you Statyk... none of you can change anyone's mind. It's up to the creator of the custom story to choose what he/she wants. I find it shamefull that someone made a thread for some help on a jumpscare. Then he gets insulted, swore at; and mocked...as if any of the people who commented had any right to do that.

tl;dr: You all might be good at making maps and scripting.... don't get ape shit crazy when someone's opinion isn't the same as yours.

And now I realize that I am a hypocryte from my last post.....So end the conversation here.

(This post was last modified: 02-11-2012, 08:23 AM by flamez3.)
02-11-2012, 08:08 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

I feel like a tool now. Dammit.

Posting Freak
02-11-2012, 08:27 AM
Website Find