Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Slenderman Monster
candlejack131 Offline

Threads: 17
RE: Slenderman Monster

(09-08-2012, 11:51 AM)beecake Wrote:
(09-07-2012, 10:02 PM)The chaser Wrote: Ok, candlejack. Here's a using a slender-guide:
The model editor does NOT solve your problem. When you add a box shape in the model editor, it's because that body is the body of a polysurface.
For example, a door. You can see a green box. That box is actually what you grab in the game, not the "cool surface".
So, the slender is a bit tricky. As I told you, candlejack, the slender is a special-environment monster and it has it's places. You will have to script a lot, but the result will be spectacular.

So, the original game. Think. It had special places where he was scarier. It's scarier finding him at four metres of you in a wood at night that in a mansion (because you can get the f*** out of there), I don't know if I explain myself. Putting the slender in a one-way path in a wood will be greater than finding him in a dark dungeon (it would samely be scary, but...)

I will send you a P.M with something you could do.
But what if the player tries to get the f*** out of there, and into the woods, but Slendy keeps following him... He reaches a city. Slendy keeps is still there, and he begins to hurt the player.. Not killing, just hurting
But it won't really induce fear in the player if hes not under a threat
09-08-2012, 04:50 PM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

If the player gets hurt, i guess he would feel a thread... The player doesn't know that he doesn't get killed

Trying is the first step to success.
09-08-2012, 06:23 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

Yeah, you have to keep in mind: As soon as the player gets killed, his fear is gone. The moment when a monster actually kills you is the "climax" of the horror experience - encountering the same monster again afterwards (be it after a loading screen or whatever) can not possibly have the same impact because your brain has then learned that nothing bad actually happens when you "die". (Only way around that would probably be to give the player an electric shock every time he dies Wink[come to think of it... thats exactly the reason we fear jumpscares. Getting startled is physically uncomfortable] )

That's why its actually fairly easy to escape from the monsters in Amnesia when you think about it - you almost always get a fair warning and more than enough time to flee or hide before one appears. That's because Frictional didn't want the player to die, so they could keep him in constant fear of dying instead. ^^
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2012, 07:27 PM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
09-08-2012, 07:26 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

In any case, the Slender is a wood special monster. The slender would never go to a city. And, that of killing/hurting... the slender is a weird monster. When it catches you, you don't know what it does with you after. So, another option would be that if you look him too much time, you destroy the player's sanity and then you fade out, and then, you kill the player. Then, you begin the map another time.

EDIT: lol got ninja'd XD

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2012, 07:30 PM by The chaser.)
09-08-2012, 07:29 PM
Find
Posting Freak

(09-08-2012, 07:26 PM)Hirnwirbel Wrote: Yeah, you have to keep in mind: As soon as the player gets killed, his fear is gone. The moment when a monster actually kills you is the "climax" of the horror experience - encountering the same monster again afterwards (be it after a loading screen or whatever) can not possibly have the same impact because your brain has then learned that nothing bad actually happens when you "die". (Only way around that would probably be to give the player an electric shock every time he dies Wink[come to think of it... thats exactly the reason we fear jumpscares. Getting startled is physically uncomfortable] )

That's why its actually fairly easy to escape from the monsters in Amnesia when you think about it - you almost always get a fair warning and more than enough time to flee or hide before one appears. That's because Frictional didn't want the player to die, so they could keep him in constant fear of dying instead. ^^
That is how nearly every horror game is! And movies! There is no afterlife... It is survival... all the way through

09-08-2012, 07:31 PM
Find
candlejack131 Offline

(09-08-2012, 07:29 PM)The chaser Wrote: In any case, the Slender is a wood special monster. The slender would never go to a city. And, that of killing/hurting... the slender is a weird monster. When it catches you, you don't know what it does with you after. So, another option would be that if you look him too much time, you destroy the player's sanity and then you fade out, and then, you kill the player. Then, you begin the map another time.

I read on his wiki that he stalks you until given a golden chance to abduct you then he takes you into the nearby woods impales you on a tree while your still alive then removes all your organs puts them in plastic bags and puts them back in said bags in there proper spot.

(09-08-2012, 07:26 PM)Hirnwirbel Wrote: Yeah, you have to keep in mind: As soon as the player gets killed, his fear is gone. The moment when a monster actually kills you is the "climax" of the horror experience - encountering the same monster again afterwards (be it after a loading screen or whatever) can not possibly have the same impact because your brain has then learned that nothing bad actually happens when you "die". (Only way around that would probably be to give the player an electric shock every time he dies Wink[come to think of it... thats exactly the reason we fear jumpscares. Getting startled is physically uncomfortable] )

I was also trying to work on a script similar to Justine's that when you die its over. No saving and such either roll the credits on your death or revert you back to the main menu

(09-08-2012, 07:29 PM)The chaser Wrote: In any case, the Slender is a wood special monster. The slender would never go to a city. And, that of killing/hurting... the slender is a weird monster. When it catches you, you don't know what it does with you after. So, another option would be that if you look him too much time, you destroy the player's sanity and then you fade out, and then, you kill the player. Then, you begin the map another time.

Also slenderman follows you were ever you go so he can be seen just about anywhere if hes after you. Plus only the first couple levels are inside
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2012, 07:41 PM by candlejack131.)
09-08-2012, 07:36 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

Didn't know that of impaling, and organs, and that stuff... anyway, you would finish dead. So, I still thinking my idea is a good one.
Refering to the "die and it's over"... you could do that, but for doing that the story should be a total conversion.
And, for what I know, he never let's being seeked by adults, he only stalks kids.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
09-08-2012, 08:07 PM
Find
Posting Freak

(09-08-2012, 08:07 PM)The chaser Wrote: Didn't know that of impaling, and organs, and that stuff... anyway, you would finish dead. So, I still thinking my idea is a good one.
Refering to the "die and it's over"... you could do that, but for doing that the story should be a total conversion.
And, for what I know, he never let's being seeked by adults, he only stalks kids.
What about the MableHornets? I'm pretty sure Alex is an adult

09-08-2012, 08:12 PM
Find
warmacha11 Offline

Threads: 2

ok i made a script for Slender man.

except i used a box in the place of slender man

you place a box down, click on the active button in the level editor and then place down a script area in front of the box

name the box SlenderDude and the script area SlenderMan.

when you walk to it, you wont see the box, but when you touch the script area the box will spawn behind you, when you look at the box it will kill you with one hit.

void OnStart()
{
AddEntityCollideCallback("Player", "SlenderMan", "slendy", true, 1);
SetEntityPlayerLookAtCallback("SlenderDude", "Kill", true);
}
void slendy(string &in asParent, string &in asChild, int alState)
{
SetEntityActive("SlenderDude", true);
}
void Kill(string &in Entity, int alState)
{
GivePlayerDamage(100, "Slash", false, true);
}
void OnEnter()
{

}

void OnLeave()
{

}
09-08-2012, 08:36 PM
Find
candlejack131 Offline

(09-08-2012, 08:07 PM)The chaser Wrote: Didn't know that of impaling, and organs, and that stuff... anyway, you would finish dead. So, I still thinking my idea is a good one.
His wiki also states that the slenderman usually picks his victims randomly however prefers those who fear him he will act friendly towards children to win over there trust and then betray them but always comes off as violent to an adult
09-08-2012, 08:53 PM
Find