Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Black Mesa Source - Red Letter Day
the dark side Offline

Threads: 9
RE: Black Mesa Source - Red Letter Day

PC gamer..., dont laugh, but i still get the Magazine version! shame it doesnt have a demo disk every month like it used to though! (still got that awesome one that had Half Life: Uplink, (wonder if "Black Mesa" will "re-instate" the uplink level, or if it will stay as the stand alone demo from yesteyear, be nice if they did put "uplink" in.) SIN, Unreal (1), and Quake 2 all on the same disk, that one was mega!),

yeah, Totalbiscuit knows what he's on about, i always go to his reviews first, insightfull, detailed, intelligent, and often laugh out loud funny too boot! i also like how hes not afraid to show himself getting it wrong, unlike other reviewers.

i'm not all that old myself really, 26 this bithday, ok, in gamers terms, thats practically out of the ark, but it does worry me the number of people around my age who use the casual reviewers and play the casual AAA games, i mean, surely they of all people are old enough to see how much better the classic games often are? many are harder, longer, more reliable, Better plotted (post Half Life era, they didnt have one at all pre Half Life most of the time!), more unique art direction.. what happened to gaming?, and some of my fellow "experienced" gamers come to think of it, it seems to have gone...backwards to the 2600 era.

when you get people my age who think the new, COD cloned, "goldeneye reloaded" is better than the original "goldeneye 64", wich along with Half Life, helped revolutionise the FPS genre, you know something has gone seriously wrong!

and ive gone off topic... SORRY!

so, is Black Mesa going to get any of the "special" levels Valve cooked up, Like Uplink? or just the Original game set?
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2012, 09:44 PM by the dark side.)
09-02-2012, 09:36 PM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85

[Image: 134171725033.jpg]
09-03-2012, 12:19 AM
Website Find
Kazakarumariou Away
An angry man.

Threads: 8

When the countdown hits 0. It will change into a trollface.
09-03-2012, 12:27 AM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

(09-02-2012, 08:28 PM)Robosprog Wrote: You know Valve IS making Half Life 3? Infact, they have for years, they just haven't liked what they've made and kept restarting.
Actually, Valve has stated that the Half Life 2 episode series is basically Half Life 3 in a sense, so strictly speaking they're already done with two-thirds of it.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
09-03-2012, 03:26 AM
Find
Mehis Offline

Threads: 10

(09-02-2012, 08:25 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote: So this is basically a Half-Life remake?
Yes. This project began right after Half-Life: Source, which was basically just a port. Black Mesa however, adds more gameplay features, detail, very awesome music btw and so on.

If you guys have time to listen to this soundtrack, do it. Some of them are very atmospheric and also the battle tracks are awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lbfbkq4sLnY
09-03-2012, 01:04 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

(09-03-2012, 04:32 PM)Robosprog Wrote: Please link to this, never seen/heard of this before.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/i_valve_060606

Gabe Newell Wrote:Gabe Newell: Errr... I... I think that Aftermath was almost a temporary name. I always thought of it as Episodes One through Three because that's how we planned the products out. I think people thought we'd need a name for them, and Aftermath ended up being more confusing than helpful.

Probably a better name for it would have been Half Life 3: Episode One, but these three are what we're doing as our way of taking the next step forward, but Half-Life 2 was the name we used.

Gabe Newell Wrote:Gabe Newell: The arc of the trio of episodes is also about the G-Man. He appears briefly in Episode One, and we'll get more info on him later. If you think of Half-Life 1 as the G-Man trying to turn you into something that was useful to him - the transformation of the player into hero. And then Half-Life 2 was about how he was using you. Half-Life 3 [a.k.a. Episodes One to Three] is about the relationship with the G-Man and what happens when he loses control of you, when you're not available to him as a tool and how he responds to that, and what are the consequences of that

Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2012, 04:51 PM by Kreekakon.)
09-03-2012, 04:48 PM
Find
the dark side Offline

Threads: 9

oh jeez, G Man.. even now he STILL gives me the creeps, that-voice... Shudders.. cant wait until valve finally get around to explaining the truth about him, mmayweb bring back that special forces soldier from Opposing force and many other "hero's" he has put in cryostasis all these years, perhaps im going mad, but i think it would be awesome if hes got people dating back to before history in his collection of sleeping heros. .

hmm, newell aint great with the press is he, but he does had a great company and is clearly a genious.

i quess then i sghould stop waiting for half life 3 and just wait for half life 2 episode 3 (basically half life 3 ep 3)

thanks for the info kreekakon.
09-03-2012, 06:40 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38

(09-03-2012, 06:40 PM)the dark side Wrote: oh jeez, G Man.. even now he STILL gives me the creeps, that-voice... Shudders.. cant wait until valve finally get around to explaining the truth about him, mmayweb bring back that special forces soldier from Opposing force and many other "hero's" he has put in cryostasis all these years, perhaps im going mad, but i think it would be awesome if hes got people dating back to before history in his collection of sleeping heros. .

hmm, newell aint great with the press is he, but he does had a great company and is clearly a genious.

i quess then i sghould stop waiting for half life 3 and just wait for half life 2 episode 3 (basically half life 3 ep 3)

thanks for the info kreekakon.
G-Man always felt so mysterious. Like each time you saw him go away, you wondered like "Hmm. Who was he? What was he doing there?"

So many questions, yet no answers....

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
09-03-2012, 06:42 PM
Website Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Hey there all. Black mesa Source is now on Steam Greenlight, so up vote it if you want to see it on Steam!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...d=94128543

Image by BandyGrass
09-05-2012, 10:42 AM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38

This mod is already featured in about 50 collections, and it has so many comments and votes that you would spend days (if not months) reading them. A comment arises every 30 seconds to 2 minutes.

Show that "Vote" button some love. We can do it.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
09-06-2012, 01:37 PM
Website Find