Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Dead Space 3 Gameplay
Zaffre Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 50
RE: Dead Space 3 Gameplay

Never played Dead Space. Might try it out sometime though.

As of September 2nd, 2014, I've left the Frictional forums. Check my profile for more details.
10-03-2012, 10:27 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

Start with Dead Space 1. It has the most original feel to it and was actually quite an enjoyable game. 2 was fun, but it doesn't have the same atmosphere or feeling as Dead Space 1. =]
10-03-2012, 10:53 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

Is it just me, or does the guy in the thumbnail look like Isaac?

10-03-2012, 11:12 PM
Website Find
eatbeavers Offline

Threads: 1

I am glad this sparked a discussion : ) I am just happy a good franchise stays alive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lB_OdxptWxE

A cup of ambition in the morning
10-03-2012, 11:12 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

(10-03-2012, 11:12 PM)Scraper Wrote: Is it just me, or does the guy in the thumbnail look like Isaac?
Of the video? Look up Gunner Wright. He's not only the voice actor, but I believe they used his face for the character as well. I actually used him as a reference for my school clay bust modeling project. =D It didn'tlook much like him though... haha.
Spoiler below!

[Image: clay_sculpt__isaac_clarke___dead_space_2...51x0a9.png]

10-03-2012, 11:20 PM
Find
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21

(10-03-2012, 04:46 PM)Statyk Wrote: I liked Dead Space 1 because it was original. They kept an eerie, dark atmosphere at all times and you naturally felt safer in the light, meaning the dark meant danger. The soundtrack was classic and was used exceptionally. I remember hearing a necromorph behind me, no music was playing, but when I spun around, they played that orchestrated soundtrack as he hit me. I was terrified and almost threw my mouse. Dead Space 1 had a feeling that no other Dead Space sequel or prequel has matched. Now EA is forcing them to make it more "ACTION PACKED EXPLOOOSHERNS!", the feeling of fear is no longer there, and it's just turned into a third person shooter with disturbing monsters. Much like Halo and their Flood (not including the 1st/3rd person thing). It's creepy, but in no way are you afraid.

I respect Dead Space 1. It felt like love was put into it. Dead Space 2 had cool weapons and better controls (melee for example), but there were hardly any points I felt I needed to fearquit. I fearquit once in Dead Space 1 and that was when you go down the elevator in, I BELIEVE, the engine misson. As the elevator lowers, the Regenerator is standing in the doorway as you continue down. This guy already terrifies me. Then later in the mission, you have to go on that floor. I simply noped right out and came back the next day.

I'm a very strong Dead Space fan.. It's my favorite horror. It just sucks to see EA's typical tactics and its pain-in-the-ass Origin, and I won't be getting Dead Space 3.
So nice to see I'm not the only one who feels this way

Also I'll note that once AGAIN some people have made the error of 'scary = horror' when they ARE NOT THE SAME THING

Dead Space is VERY horrifying, scary? not so much, but horrifying

Quote:but I believe they used his face for the character as well
Yup
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2012, 11:32 PM by Hunter of Shadows.)
10-03-2012, 11:32 PM
Website Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

(10-03-2012, 11:32 PM)Hunter of Shadows Wrote: Also I'll note that once AGAIN some people have made the error of 'scary = horror' when they ARE NOT THE SAME THING
I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE! YES! For example. Left 4 Dead IS horror. But it is definitely NOT scary. Understand?

We should go out to dinner sometime. ;D Haha
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2012, 11:57 PM by Statyk.)
10-03-2012, 11:56 PM
Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

(10-03-2012, 11:56 PM)Statyk Wrote: I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE! YES! For example. Left 4 Dead IS horror. But it is definitely NOT scary. Understand?

I see the concept you're describing, but I think "horror" & "scary" are the wrong words to use. I feel those two terms can be used interchangeably; the most notable difference in what you're describing is the quantity of horror/scariness.

Dead Space 2 is a shooter with some horror thrown in; it's mostly just shooting at grotesque baddies, but there are a few chilling moments with great atmosphere. Amnesia is solely a horror game, 100% focused on immersing the player in the story and unnerving atmosphere from start to finish.

That's how I see it anyways.

I rate it 3 memes.
10-04-2012, 12:20 AM
Find
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21

(10-04-2012, 12:20 AM)andyrockin123 Wrote:
(10-03-2012, 11:56 PM)Statyk Wrote: I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE! YES! For example. Left 4 Dead IS horror. But it is definitely NOT scary. Understand?

I see the concept you're describing, but I think "horror" & "scary" are the wrong words to use. I feel those two terms can be used interchangeably; the most notable difference in what you're describing is the quantity of horror/scariness.

Dead Space 2 is a shooter with some horror thrown in; it's mostly just shooting at grotesque baddies, but there are a few chilling moments with great atmosphere. Amnesia is solely a horror game, 100% focused on immersing the player in the story and unnerving atmosphere from start to finish.

That's how I see it anyways.
Then I would say that you would be incorrect, and that you don't understand what either of us are saying

Quote: I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE! YES! For example. Left 4 Dead IS horror. But it is definitely NOT scary. Understand?
I've been saying this since I joined these forums lol
10-04-2012, 12:47 AM
Website Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

(10-04-2012, 12:47 AM)Hunter of Shadows Wrote: Then I would say that you would be incorrect, and that you don't understand what either of us are saying
Then, by all means, please clarify Big Grin

I rate it 3 memes.
10-04-2012, 12:49 AM
Find