Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Recession of Amnesia Mod Development
Plank Offline

Threads: 1
RE: The Recession of Amnesia Mod Development

(02-21-2013, 08:17 PM)ApeCake Wrote: It's sad really. Too bad the community already had it's climax in popularity when I joined; I'd like to see how it was back then. The forums are asleep in my opinion; they're definitely not dead, there are still custom stories being released with every now and then an amazing one. It's just that the majority is awaiting AMFP. Since that is bound to release somewhere this year, a lot of (potential) map developers have lost interest because they do not want to put effort in their map when the next game comes out and everyone of the existing community is moving onto that game. A lot of the commenters and players of custom stories have also moved on; either they left the forums for good because they're not interested anymore, or are awaiting AMFP.
its realy annoying people are stopping because THER ARENT GOING TO BE CUSTOM STORIES FOR AMFP

does everything taste like chicken or
does chicken taste like everything?
06-27-2013, 10:30 PM
Find
Wapez Offline

Threads: 37

I agree with this. I really want to become a larger part of this community, but I see it as a very hard task, as your way in is basically through being a professional developer, not getting the help to become one. People improve a lot just by hanging around here, and we should want to encourage that. That way more people can one day become senior members too, which is just what this community needs. Amnesia custom stories might die otherwise.

For an example, take a look at my first map:
The Game

And then take a look at what where I'm at now, together with my two friends:
Frunken Productions thread

We have made huge progress, and we want to become even better. But we can only do that by the help of this community.

More recensions, thoughts, and constructive critisism is needed on these forums. And then automatically inviting juniors into this community. Let's give everyone a chance, and work as a team.

Founder & Legally Accountable Publisher of Red Line Games.
Environment & Gameplay Designer and Scripter.
http://moddb.com/mods/in-lucys-eyes
06-27-2013, 11:33 PM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

We don't have to improve much, with AMFP around the corner. (I am Jack's seething laziness.) Once we get a new batch of toys I'm sure the spark will reignite.
(This post was last modified: 06-27-2013, 11:47 PM by failedALIAS.)
06-27-2013, 11:46 PM
Find
Wapez Offline

(06-27-2013, 11:46 PM)failedALIAS Wrote: We don't have to improve much, with AMFP around the corner. (I am Jack's seething laziness.) Once we get a new batch of toys I'm sure the spark will reignite.

There will be no custom stories in AMFP, and neither will there be tools to create full conversions with. We are going to have to stick with TDD.

06-27-2013, 11:49 PM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Well I don't know shit, sooooo, yeah we're fucked.
06-27-2013, 11:51 PM
Find
Wapez Offline

(06-27-2013, 11:51 PM)failedALIAS Wrote: Well I don't know shit, sooooo, yeah we're fucked.

Buuuut... We will probably be able to use the assets in AMFP in the HPL2 engine, which would be awesome. But, in order to keep the projects coming, we really need to make what Robo mentioned happen.

06-27-2013, 11:58 PM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Nah, it's cool.
06-28-2013, 12:25 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

I like to believe this forum has gotten much, MUCH better since the times this thread was called for. The members have shown much better criticism and support and I appreciate how far it's come. There is, of course, a select group of members who practically call each other by first names, but I notice the newer members getting up there. This forum is open to a lot, the age of bad custom stories is disappearing (DUE to our negative feedback. If we provided positive feedback on bad CSs, we'd be getting more and more bad custom stories, understand?)

I like to pop in the Screenshot Criticism Thread from time to time to see how everyone gets together and supports each other, and it's neat. I don't think we're doing bad now. So here's a round, on me

[Image: Beer-toast.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 06-28-2013, 01:38 AM by Statyk.)
06-28-2013, 01:37 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(06-28-2013, 01:37 AM)Statyk Wrote: I like to believe this forum has gotten much, MUCH better since the times this thread was called for. The members have shown much better criticism and support and I appreciate how far it's come. There is, of course, a select group of members who practically call each other by first names, but I notice the newer members getting up there. This forum is open to a lot, the age of bad custom stories is disappearing (DUE to our negative feedback. If we provided positive feedback on bad CSs, we'd be getting more and more bad custom stories, understand?)

I like to pop in the Screenshot Criticism Thread from time to time to see how everyone gets together and supports each other, and it's neat. I don't think we're doing bad now. So here's a round, on me

[Image: Beer-toast.jpg]

Thing is I'm underage brah.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
06-28-2013, 01:38 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

Oh, sorry, here:

[Image: baby_beer.jpg_480_480_0_64000_0_1_0.jpg]