Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can you kill monsters by swinging objects?
Mega Derp Man Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Can you kill monsters by swinging objects?

Well, you actully can kill monsters, but only in mods, custom storys like "pewdiepie's castle" (I just love backstabbing the grunt Tongue ), and like someone said in a previous post, disabled triggers.
03-09-2012, 02:03 AM
Find
Stepper321 Offline

Threads: 26

Well, you could script it but youll hate to modify everything, since theres is an health, and damage script inside the grunts!

Signature to awesome to be displayed.
03-10-2012, 05:08 PM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85

how many times do i have to hear the "can you kill monsters in amnesia?" question... NO you can not kill monsters! no matter what you trown them to the face they will not die... at least in the original amnesia you can't... so enough of this dumb questions.
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2012, 10:53 PM by Danny Boy.)
03-10-2012, 10:53 PM
Website Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

(03-10-2012, 10:53 PM)Danarogon Wrote: how many times do i have to hear the "can you kill monsters in amnesia?" question... NO you can not kill monsters! no matter what you trown them to the face they will not die... at least in the original amnesia you can't... so enough of this dumb questions.

They can be killed, they just don't have any death animation, so they just stand there in idle animation no longer with any collision (i.e. you can walk right through them). Enabling entity info even shows that the monster is in a dead state.

You don't have to throw anything at it to kill it, though. If there is something small that it collides with and collides with it constantly, the monster can end up killing itself. This is the easiest way to kill them, because it collides too fast for health regeneration to have any significant affect.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2012, 11:03 PM by Your Computer.)
03-10-2012, 10:59 PM
Website Find
Datguy5 Offline

Threads: 25

(03-10-2012, 10:59 PM)Your Computer Wrote:
(03-10-2012, 10:53 PM)Danarogon Wrote: how many times do i have to hear the "can you kill monsters in amnesia?" question... NO you can not kill monsters! no matter what you trown them to the face they will not die... at least in the original amnesia you can't... so enough of this dumb questions.

They can be killed, they just don't have any death animation, so they just stand there in idle animation no longer with any collision (i.e. you can walk right through them). Enabling entity info even shows that the monster is in a dead state.

You don't have to throw anything at it to kill it, though. If there is something small that it collides with and collides with it constantly, the monster can end up killing itself. This is the easiest way to kill them, because it collides too fast for health regeneration to have any significant affect.
That has happened to me a few times Big Grin

03-20-2012, 06:41 PM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85

(03-10-2012, 10:59 PM)Your Computer Wrote:

yet that can only be seen as a bug....
so i keep my words... you can't kill monsters officialy in the original amnesia.

03-21-2012, 01:42 AM
Website Find
TaintedRainbow Offline

Threads: 1

(07-01-2011, 07:20 PM)Hunter of Shadows Wrote: They have no death animation so no
Well, actually, I've seen a bit of someone messing around with it... they found that he does have a death animation, and a rag-doll, but no true way to die... weird eh?
03-30-2012, 05:25 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

(03-30-2012, 05:25 AM)TaintedRainbow Wrote: Well, actually, I've seen a bit of someone messing around with it... they found that he does have a death animation, and a rag-doll, but no true way to die... weird eh?

It's not weird when we consider the real facts:

[Image: modeleditor201203300234.jpg]

Rag-doll grunt was user-modified.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
03-30-2012, 07:39 AM
Website Find
Electra Offline

Threads: 5

Even if you could kill monsters in Amnesia, I feel it would take away a lot from the game. Just like killing wolves in Penumbra Overture gave me a sense of ease knowing I could kill them with my pickaxe or a gas tank. Amnesia really ups your "gnawing on your fingernails till there's nothing left level" because there is no way to defend yourself. it's that feeling of helplessness that makes it even more scary.

Custom Story Work in Progress: Castle Helmuth
"Who said the glory days had to end?"
04-02-2012, 05:31 PM
Website Find
Desperate4God Offline

Threads: 0

(04-02-2012, 05:31 PM)Electra Wrote: Even if you could kill monsters in Amnesia, I feel it would take away a lot from the game. Just like killing wolves in Penumbra Overture gave me a sense of ease knowing I could kill them with my pickaxe or a gas tank. Amnesia really ups your "gnawing on your fingernails till there's nothing left level" because there is no way to defend yourself. it's that feeling of helplessness that makes it even more scary.
I second that.

Kyrie Eleison.
04-03-2012, 02:54 AM
Find