Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Compiling a List of Problems
Vicious Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 3 Weeks ago RE: Compiling a List of Problems

While in the area where you gotta get the Pressure Machine problem (for the broke elevator), while doing the 8 x 8 power part, It didn't give me the confirmation that I did it correct when I solved it. I believe it was because I did the lever (which you leave in the middle) last. It was on the bottom roll and I moved it to the middle as the final lever to move. It took me forever just to think about moving one of other the levers back N forth to get the confirmation.
Another Bug:
In that area containing the acid for the padlock (in the tub beside the 4 pigs hanging). When that enemy shows up, I hide behind the pigs (ducking) and the enemy knocked me out of the map.
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2010, 05:16 AM by Vicious.)
09-14-2010, 04:22 AM
Find
Spiegelman Offline

Threads: 3

(09-14-2010, 04:22 AM)Vicious Wrote: While in the area where you gotta get the Pressure Machine problem (for the broke elevator), while doing the 8 x 8 power part, It didn't give me the confirmation that I did it correct when I solved it. I believe it was because I did the lever (which you leave in the middle) last. It was on the bottom roll and I moved it to the middle as the final lever to move. It took me forever just to think about moving one of other the levers back N forth to get the confirmation.
Another Bug:
In that area containing the acid for the padlock (in the tub beside the 4 pigs hanging). When that enemy shows up, I hide behind the pigs (ducking) and the enemy knocked me out of the map.

I added your second bug, but I'm unsure of your first one. Are you saying that a certain combination of 8 up, 8 down didn't work? If so, do you remember exactly which ones you pulled up and down?
09-14-2010, 03:39 PM
Find
Vicious Offline

I'm Stating I had the correct position of all the levers to solve the riddle of that room. (isn't there only 1 solution?). But for me to solve the final solution, the forth lever (the one that you leave in the middle aka off) was the last lever I moved to solve the riddle, but It didn't give me the confirmation.

I looked at it and notice all the other levers were correct, so as a hunch I moved one of the other correct levers back n forth and it give me the confirmation. (moved the lever from a correct position to incorrect and back to correct).

So i'm assuming in order to solve the puzzle, the final lever moved has to be one of the other levers other then the 4th lever.
09-14-2010, 11:38 PM
Find
Kim Offline

(09-14-2010, 11:38 PM)Vicious Wrote: (isn't there only 1 solution?)

I used all levers with 1+2+5 on both sides, so no.

You can hear a "click" when you move the lever to either position. Perhaps you didn't move it all the way the first time?
09-15-2010, 01:17 AM
Find
Atlas Offline

Threads: 1

Good Job on the list Spiegelman Smile
09-15-2010, 02:31 AM
Find
Mman235 Offline

Since this thread is about what seems to be general issues, here's one I have that seems to be a problem at multiple points: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-4347.html
09-15-2010, 02:32 AM
Find
Vicious Offline

Nah i'm sure all the levers were placed fully up or down (with 1 in the middle). The last one I moved for the confirmation to appear was the one all the way to the right (which was set to down). All I did was move that one up to the way top and all the way back down (to the original correct position).

My assumption is still the last lever to be moved for the puzzle has to be one set to either straight up or down.

Here is how I did my levers (copied from gamefaqs, they did it the same way I did)

For the Top Part, Raise These Levers: III, III, no, no, II, no
For the Bottom Part, Lower These Levers: no, no, VI, no, no, II

If I replay the game (If I ever beat it), ill try to redo this bug while fraps is on.
09-15-2010, 02:49 AM
Find
Spiegelman Offline

(09-14-2010, 11:38 PM)Vicious Wrote: I'm Stating I had the correct position of all the levers to solve the riddle of that room. (isn't there only 1 solution?). But for me to solve the final solution, the forth lever (the one that you leave in the middle aka off) was the last lever I moved to solve the riddle, but It didn't give me the confirmation.

I looked at it and notice all the other levers were correct, so as a hunch I moved one of the other correct levers back n forth and it give me the confirmation. (moved the lever from a correct position to incorrect and back to correct).

So i'm assuming in order to solve the puzzle, the final lever moved has to be one of the other levers other then the 4th lever.

Hmm, I dunno I've only ever done it one way, but I can't remember off the top of my head which combination I used. I will add it to the list just in case, and when you can confirm it let me know.

(09-15-2010, 02:31 AM)Atlas Wrote: Good Job on the list Spiegelman Smile
Thanks. Big Grin This is my first time managing one of these kinds of threads so you may see it change periodically. In fact... I'm about to change it around a little bit when I add these two bugs.

(09-15-2010, 02:32 AM)Mman235 Wrote: Since this thread is about what seems to be general issues, here's one I have that seems to be a problem at multiple points: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-4347.html
I'll add it to the list. Thanks for the report.
09-15-2010, 04:33 AM
Find
Vicious Offline

In the last area where you place the orb and break the machinery, when the music changes to show a monster is coming... it never came. I decided to get out of hiding and look down the crossway and see it was stuck running in circles. I got real close and it still didn't move, So I tossed a rock at it and it chased me and slashed me. I had no chance...

(by it stuck, I mean it was running in place at the middle of the 4 way of the catwalk).
09-17-2010, 01:30 AM
Find
Spiegelman Offline

(09-17-2010, 01:30 AM)Vicious Wrote: In the last area where you place the orb and break the machinery, when the music changes to show a monster is coming... it never came. I decided to get out of hiding and look down the crossway and see it was stuck running in circles. I got real close and it still didn't move, So I tossed a rock at it and it chased me and slashed me. I had no chance...

(by it stuck, I mean it was running in place at the middle of the 4 way of the catwalk).

Updated. Thanks for the contribution. Smile
09-17-2010, 08:04 AM
Find