Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Compiling a List of Problems
Mr. Mock Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 3 Weeks ago RE: Compiling a List of Problems

After collecting the four chemicals I returned to the Laboratory. As I walked down the stairs (about when I was crossing the landing in the middle of the staircase) the frame rate dropped to much less than 1 fps making the game unplayable. This occurs even after exiting the game and relaunching and I cant advance at all now.

Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit
CPU: i7 920
GPU: 2x Evga GTX 260
Nvidia Driver: 258.96
realtek HD onboard audio

FRAPS screenshot taken after fps drop
http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/9716/...431473.jpg
09-19-2010, 08:53 AM
Find
realstrongguy Offline

i haven't read past the spoiler notification, so...
when i start it up, the game, it get's about 75 seconds per frame, the farthest i've gotten is to the second frame in the frictional games logo.
i have all my drivers up to date and i am running on an ati radeon x1270. because i am also worried about looking through this thread, due to intense spoilers, if you have a fix for this, or even any ideas, then please private message me, thanks a bunch already.
09-19-2010, 08:59 AM
Find
udm Offline

Threads: 1

Quote:* Cistern - The valve at the farthest end of the Cistern can be turned twice instead of having to turn all three valves to lower the water. An important note is that I left the Cistern after turning the valve near the man trapped in the box and after turning the valve at the farthest end of the room (where you have to go through the steam pipes), then returned later and was able to turn that same valve near the steam pipes. It probably has to do with the game not saving levels when you leave and re-enter an area.

I can confirm this is a problem. Happened to me too, which kinda ruined my fun in Cistern.

Also, if you leave Cistern and come back again, the Kaernk water horror will be gone, and so will all the pulsating tissues. Not sure if this is intended though, but it spoilt the immersion for me then in Cistern.
09-19-2010, 09:16 AM
Find
Spiegelman Offline

Threads: 3

Added your problems, Mr. Mock and udm.

realstrongguy, I've sent you a Private Message directing you to the forum which may have a solution for your problem in the future. Right now I don't know if there is a fix for it, but you can try to run it in windowed mode or uninstall and re-install. If neither of those work, just keep an eye on that thread.

Here's the thread if you don't want/don't know how to check your PM's: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-4476.html
09-19-2010, 07:16 PM
Find
Unhandled Offline

Threads: 2

In the "water chase" scene near the beginning of the map you can jump up in a corner and there is a spot where the Kaernk can't actually hit you but it makes the sound like he is actually hitting you. You will most likely die if you leave the area, however, so I don't know how much of a real problem it is. (I actually couldn't leave the corner myself because I got stuck so I had to fall down in front of it and die.)
09-19-2010, 07:59 PM
Find
DON3k Offline

In the Cistern room with the valves and the bridge hanging by the rusty chain, as you've noted, you can turn the valve at the end more than once. This allowed me to 'solve' this room.

I never figured out how to lower the bridge that is suspended by the rusty chain, therfore I never found that note, or turned that valve. But by going back and turning the last valve at the end of the room again, this triggered the 'end' event for the room. The organic tissue appeared, and I was able to flee the room and the flooded stairs in the main chamber were then cleared of water.

Because of this, and there never really being a drive to lower that bridge by necessity, I never did.

But if I returned to the valve room, it was free of red tissue afterward, and the water monster was not around. The voice was no longer in the water chamber, and I again looked around for a way to lower the bridge, gave up and then proceed through the rest of the game. The valve did not allow a third turn.

Through the remainder of the game, all the way to end, my quest log continued to list the item that I needed to find a way to lower the bridge.

It did not prevent me from finishing the game.
09-19-2010, 08:01 PM
Find
tonewww Offline

Threads: 50

i managed to get a screenshot of the cell door bug. i made it act weird by moving the lock up then pushing a few times

Attached Files
.jpg   Screen_Screenshot_001.jpg (Size: 300.71 KB / Downloads: 144)

*Wishes Penumbra Tech Demo section would return*
09-19-2010, 08:08 PM
Find
Spiegelman Offline

Threads: 3

(09-19-2010, 08:01 PM)DON3k Wrote: In the Cistern room with the valves and the bridge hanging by the rusty chain, as you've noted, you can turn the valve at the end more than once. This allowed me to 'solve' this room.

I never figured out how to lower the bridge that is suspended by the rusty chain, therfore I never found that note, or turned that valve. But by going back and turning the last valve at the end of the room again, this triggered the 'end' event for the room. The organic tissue appeared, and I was able to flee the room and the flooded stairs in the main chamber were then cleared of water.

Because of this, and there never really being a drive to lower that bridge by necessity, I never did.

But if I returned to the valve room, it was free of red tissue afterward, and the water monster was not around. The voice was no longer in the water chamber, and I again looked around for a way to lower the bridge, gave up and then proceed through the rest of the game. The valve did not allow a third turn.

Through the remainder of the game, all the way to end, my quest log continued to list the item that I needed to find a way to lower the bridge.

It did not prevent me from finishing the game.

If you're standing in the middle of the Cistern where all three paths split, there should be some rocks under the water at the beginning of the bridge path. I did the exact same thing the first playthrough and didn't find the rocks until the second playthrough. You then have to throw the rock at the chain to break it and it falls.
09-19-2010, 08:36 PM
Find
Mr. Mock Offline

(09-19-2010, 08:53 AM)Mr. Mock Wrote: After collecting the four chemicals I returned to the Laboratory. As I walked down the stairs (about when I was crossing the landing in the middle of the staircase) the frame rate dropped to much less than 1 fps making the game unplayable. This occurs even after exiting the game and relaunching and I cant advance at all now.

OK I rebooted and the problem has gotten better. There is still a fps drop at that part, but after a bit it returns to normal.
09-19-2010, 08:50 PM
Find
Daiyuki Offline

Heya, my problem seems to be with shadows in the game. Not all shadows, it seems, but in many parts I get the graphical problem in the attached picture. You may have to turn up the brightness on your monitor, all I see is darkness on my second monitor, which is of significantly lower quality. Though that brings an interesting thought, could it somehow be my monitor? The main is a widescreen displaying at 1920x1080 and the second is an older flatscreen that displays at 1280x1024, those being the only differences, other than brightness. Hmm. Still, other games do not give me this issue, and possibly semi-related is the smoke/fog effects looking quite bad, even the smoke to the right of the screen in the main menu.

The picture doesn't want to load for me, of course >.< Hopefully you guys can see it.

Attached Files
.jpg   Darkglitch.jpg (Size: 55.53 KB / Downloads: 132)
09-20-2010, 12:10 AM
Find