Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Newsletter | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Feedback wanted: Some questions on Ending (spoilerish)
Brennenburg Offline

RE: Feedback wanted: Some questions on Ending (spoilerish)

Uhmm, my first ending was that I put Agrippas head in cus i didnt know what else to do.

[Image: TRcp2.png]
02-22-2011 11:55 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gandalf91 Offline

(09-10-2010 07:47 PM)Thomas Wrote:  Now that a many of you have completed the game, we would like to take the opportunity and ask some questions related to the Ending and the story as a whole.

Here goes:

1) When entering the Orb Room (where Alexander is), what where your feelings toward Daniel (ie yourself), Alexander and Agrippa.

2) What was the ending that you got the first time? Was this a choice?

3) How did you like the ending?

4) Did you get any other endings? If so, which one was your favorite? And what where your motivation for seeing more endings?

1) I felt I (Daniel) needed to see it through to the end, to make sure that Alexander's means were not fulfilled. I felt that Daniel was the lesser of the two evils...but by the end of the game I saw him only as a protagonist, no hero at all. Alexander I see as mostly evil and highly manipulative.

2) The first ending I got was being consumed by the shadow in the cell, out of not being able to escape. I reloaded, continued to the end and knocked over the pylons (good ending).

3) The ending which results in Daniel being consumed, and Alexander passing through the portal is awful, awful, AWFUL...but very powerful and well implemented. His gratitude to you is all the more a slap in the face. I feel it was good to experience that ending once, but afterward, I wanted to try again and this time take down Alexander. Tongue

The good ending felt like Daniel got off very easily to me. I felt like killing Alexander was an important 'mission' but not exactly grounds for Daniel's redemption. I never got the ending where you use Agrippa's head (as I was captured before I got all the materials to save him Sad ) but I feel the 'good' and 'special' endings should have been switched to some extent. The special ending seems to leave Daniel in limbo almost and the good ending is life and freedom.

4) Guess I already answered that...
02-24-2011 03:12 AM
eiahmon Offline

Just finished the game this morning. XD

1) When entering the Orb Room (where Alexander is), what where your feelings toward Daniel (ie yourself), Alexander and Agrippa.

I felt some sympathy for Daniel, since he had gotten himself into an awful situation, but at the same time, he chose to do what he did. He could have walked away from it all. Granted, the Shadow would have killed him, but he would have died an innocent man.

I also felt sympathy for Alexander. Yes, he tortured and murdered innocent humans, so he not innocent at all, but since the game hinted that where he's from, humans are pretty low on the totem pole, it changes things a bit. If I was stuck in another world where the technology was way behind my home world's and I was desperate to get back home to my sweetheard before the locals came to take my head off, and all I had to do was say, torture and kill some creature that is a lowlife to me, I probably would have done it. At the same time though, he's been here long enough to know that killing humans = bad.

Agrippa I was pretty ambivalent on. I really didn't have any thoughts or feelings on him.

I went for the Revenge ending first.

I felt very satisfied that I had completed the game, though I had hoped for something a bit more exciting. Something with maybe a mad chase, or a puzzle or something to liven it up.

4) Did you get any other endings? If so, which one was your favorite? And what where your motivation for seeing more endings?

I already knew about the other endings, so I reloaded my last save and got the other two after the credits rolled. I really don't have a favorite, and I just wanted to see what other outcomes were available.

What has been seen, cannot be unseen.
(This post was last modified: 03-08-2011 12:11 AM by eiahmon.)
03-08-2011 12:10 AM
mb2494 Offline

My thoughts on myself were quite different from most peoples. Obviously Daniel did horrible things, but as the player, you were him. And the most basic human instict is to survive, and what Daniel did, was simply be human. I didn't really question the whole antagonist thing, until Alexander started talking to me, and it was only then I thought about just why he was doing what he did. Agrippa was the only thing in the game not wanting to kill me so whether or not he had alterior motives, I didn't really think about at the time Smile my first impression was though, it had to be too good to be true.

I put Agrippas head through the portal, and it was a choice Smile

A bit... open ended. But still good, on its own.

I got all of them, bar the prison cell ending. Overall I felt unsatisfied. You work your way through all those hard puzzles and chase scenes, to be left which a pathetic little puzzle, and no struggle in the end at all.
The castle collapsing would've been nice Tongue
My favourite was probably....... The revenge ending, because it just seemed more conclusive, more rewarding for the masses of effort you've done to get out of the castle.
03-14-2011 03:52 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)