Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Out of Scan Range error
sploopidy Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 3 Weeks ago Out of Scan Range error

So, I tried downloading the Penumbra Overture demo. I installed it, but when I tried running it, I kept getting the Out of Scan Range error on my monitor. I've tried disabling Compiz Fusion and lowering my resolution and refresh rate down a lot. Nothing seems to help. Any ideas?
10-17-2010, 06:16 AM
Find
Urkle Offline
FG - Associate

Threads: 31
Solved: 8 Years, 3 Weeks ago RE: Out of Scan Range error

What video card and monitor are you using? And What drivers are you using?

The game defaults to 800 by 600 resolution, so if your monitor can't handle that resolution (which seems odd that it wouldn't) that could explain the issue. You can try editing the settings.cfg file if it exists in ~/.frictionalgames/Penumbra/Overture/settings.cfg IF it does not exist then change the default by editing the config/default_settings.cfg file in the game installation folder.

Developing away on one of
Multiple Macs running 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, and 10.9.
Linux, 8-core AMD, 8GB RAM, Fedora 18, nVidia 450 1GB
10-17-2010, 06:18 PM
Website Find
sploopidy Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 3 Weeks ago RE: Out of Scan Range error

(10-17-2010, 06:18 PM)Urkle Wrote: What video card and monitor are you using? And What drivers are you using?

The game defaults to 800 by 600 resolution, so if your monitor can't handle that resolution (which seems odd that it wouldn't) that could explain the issue. You can try editing the settings.cfg file if it exists in ~/.frictionalgames/Penumbra/Overture/settings.cfg IF it does not exist then change the default by editing the config/default_settings.cfg file in the game installation folder.

I'm using an Nvidia GeForce 6200 AGP 8x card (with 256 MB RAM), I'm not sure what drivers I'm using, other than the latest (because that's what Ubuntu's telling me).

Strange, my monitor can handle at least 1800 by 1440 with 60 hertz. However, I'll try this. Thanks!
10-17-2010, 06:48 PM
Find