Hey guys. If you've noticed the thread titled 'Teamnesia Marathon' and checked it out, you'll know the details of this project. If not, I'll run through them in greater detail and start outlining some of the requirements for participating!
First off, Teamnesia is a what I would call a community effort project. It will be a custom story comprised of maps from the entire FG mod community. Everyone will be able to participate as long as their contributions follow a simple set of guidelines.
The goal of Teamnesia is to play through, experience, and enjoy the work your peers have spent so much time and effort on. There is no background story, but as you'll read below, I strongly encourage your make your map have a theme or short story to it.
To participate, your map must:
- Have a specially formatted lang file: see here
- Have been thoroughly tested by either yourself or a fellow QA tester.
- Have no notes or diaries.* Sorry!
- All mementos (quests) must be resolved and removed upon completion.**
- Have a checkpoint at the start of your map.
- Not have a lantern placed in it.
- Not be ALL about monsters.
- Not be ALL about keys.
- No crowbars. Really.
- Be packaged in the usual custom story format; I will take your lang file and any custom assets and merge them with the overall files.
* They will clutter as the overall story progresses. I may create a custom "emotion stone" entity which is actually a note. This way you can have the player read a large block of text without actually storing it in the journal.
** Otherwise they will remain in the journal across all maps, potentially causing the player confusion.
- Have a door or some place the player must get to so they can return to the hub. The hub's file name will be teamnesia_hub.map
for level door, ChangeMap() purposes.
- Avoid cheap scares. They'll get old really fast in this custom story.
- Be creative. Trolling attempts are welcome (to a degree)
- Make a theme: Outdoors, indoors, Honey-I-Shrunk-Daniel, Platforming, Dedication, Futuristic - Anything you want!
- Make it have a short story behind it. Think creepypasta.
- Have fun. This custom story is about getting your work out there and enjoying the work of others.
- If your map is a WIP send a PM to me with the title and the name you wish to be credited with. A catchy screenshot won't hurt either.
- Package your story in the usual format and send a download link to me via PM. Include a screenshot and title so I can post a small little preview of each map being included in the project.
If you're participating, send short "hook" or introduction. This can be your map's loading text or a few sentences to let people know what to expect.
Current maps: (click for a screenshot)
: The Tunnel
The tunnel predated the small cliff-side school under which it ran. In fact, rumor has it the academy was built to hide it.
: The Hub
: AbstractColorfulMoodyPlatformer (?)
: Trials of the Seven
/ The Cult
Seven Trials for Seven Gods. Pass the tests of Strength, Skill, Wisdom, Judgement, Innocence, Faith, and the Unknown to receive their blessing and continue your journey.
: Platform Perils
: Library of Alexandria
: Amnesia's Creed
Currently looking for:
Idea-smiths: Like blacksmiths, but for ideas. Cool ideas that people will like.
Screenshotographer: Yes I made that word up. It's like a photographer for screenshots. My computer takes awful screenshots.