Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Tenebris Lake Full Conversion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
(06-05-2012, 02:00 AM)Measuring Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-05-2012, 01:40 AM)Wetterhound Wrote: [ -> ]Does the update, by any chance, fix the brightness?
Dude.... It's Amnesia, and it's a horror game. It's supposed to be dark Wink

Yes of course but, it's been said by many people, myself included, that this mod is...especially dark. I have a very nice LED screen that I'm running this on, yet I still have to put the gamma at 1.35-1.5 to even be able to register ambient things without walking right into them.
I wasn't assuming it would make everything daylight, lol.
(06-05-2012, 01:40 AM)Wetterhound Wrote: [ -> ]Does the update, by any chance, fix the brightness?
There's a difference between 'dark' and I can't see anything at all

So the question here is...were you AIMING for pitch black? Or not?
(06-05-2012, 05:34 AM)Hunter of Shadows Wrote: [ -> ]
There's a difference between 'dark' and I can't see anything at all

So the question here is...were you AIMING for pitch black? Or not?
Almost yes. If its still too dark for you then feel free to amp up the gamma ingame or on your monitor.
...or you could just put a boxlight over the maps with a 0.1 strength in color or less..
(06-05-2012, 08:38 AM)darkadders Wrote: [ -> ]...or you could just put a boxlight over the maps with a 0.1 strength in color or less..
Ofcourse we could, but...
(06-05-2012, 08:54 AM)Measuring Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-05-2012, 08:38 AM)darkadders Wrote: [ -> ]...or you could just put a boxlight over the maps with a 0.1 strength in color or less..
Ofcourse we could, but...
I do have to say the terrible lighting was one of the things that bugged me the most about the level design. The pointlights were extremely obvious and it very often cut from bright orange to pitch black, it was constantly dark to the point where I found myself walking into a wall every four seconds and the very bright fog that's all over the place caused a very strange contrast which in some cases even made plain walls look like tunnels as the fog passes through it.
lol i rly need to say i never used a point light so where you can see those when there are no ones ?
in update 1.1 i made a new level there i used some spotlights.

i dont know what you all want i play amnesia now on 1.00 gamma and its still to bright for me.
just change some setting on you graphic card treiber like i said now 10times im sry for that that my screen is so bright and yours so dark and yes you could you could ... this is not a complaining tread and whe allrdy knew that problem so its ok now.
and if you wanna have a box light and bright then go and play jumpscare maps ok Big Grin.
(06-05-2012, 01:04 PM)devin413 Wrote: [ -> ]lol i rly need to say i never used a point light so where you can see those when there are no ones ?
in update 1.1 i made a new level there i used some spotlights.

i dont know what you all want i play amnesia now on 1.00 gamma and its still to bright for me.
just change some setting on you graphic card treiber like i said now 10times im sry for that that my screen is so bright and yours so dark and yes you could you could ... this is not a complaining tread and whe allrdy knew that problem so its ok now.
and if you wanna have a box light and bright then go and play jumpscare maps ok Big Grin.
i dont wanna change my computer specs to suit a full conversion... it should be the other way around..
like i said i play amnesia on 1.00 so i think thats the same brightness for everyone i never change somethink on my settings they are all normal so how shall i know that its to dark and then dont play it nobody says that you need to play it or so you own fault.
pls come clear with it thats how whe make it dark because at the beginn he says dont fear the darkness so why whe shall make a bright level then
you can make box ligth form 1.00 in you story but whe make it so and it was just a way to fix it i never said go and make it.
and my post wasnt for you it was for Wetterhound.

and just that last part with and if you wanna have a box light and bright then go and play jumpscare maps.

@darkadders that only think what you are making here in this tread is complaining about stuff never saw a positive think form you.
still sound like a hater (SOUND LIKE I DIDN'T SAY IT'S A HATER)
(06-05-2012, 01:27 PM)devin413 Wrote: [ -> ]like i said i play amnesia on 1.00 so i think thats the same brightness for everyone i never change somethink on my settings they are all normal so how shall i know that its to dark and then dont play it nobody says that you need to play it or so you own fault.
pls come clear with it thats how whe make it dark because at the beginn he says dont fear the darkness so why whe shall make a bright level then
you can make box ligth form 1.00 in you story but whe make it so and it was just a way to fix it i never said go and make it.
and my post wasnt for you it was for Wetterhound.

and just that last part with and if you wanna have a box light and bright then go and play jumpscare maps.
im sorry.. but are you saying its a bother to put a boxlight with 0.05 strength over each map?... unbelieveable..
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36