Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: PewDiePie arguing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think PewDiePie makes good videoes, though I only watch the Amnesia playthroughs. He seem for me to cover up his real personality in the videoes, and I don't always share the same sense of humour with him, but I still think his videoes are entertaining and I'm subscribed to him.

He is being very over hyped among his fanbase though. It's like the very close minded 'Bros' think he invented "Lets playing" with microphone and cam. It's frustrating seeing comments on other people's videoes saying "Omg you copied PewDiePie!!!!!" just because that other person enjoys doing Let's Plays as well.

And I do enjoy the videos he uploaded years ago a lot more. Back then when he wasn't riding the wave of popularity.

You can compare PewDiePie with Call of Duty in so many ways, haha. ;3
(09-16-2012, 06:46 PM)Ambaaah :3 Wrote: [ -> ]It's frustrating seeing comments on other people's videoes saying "Omg you copied PewDiePie!!!!!" just because that other person enjoys doing Let's Plays as well.
I was spammed by his fanbase when I was making videos just for that reason. And yet, they were the p*ssed ones, because when I told them that I did not copy him, they started calling names, and thought I was an *ss for that!

TBH, I was utterly insulted, and that was enough to make me hate the fanbase PDP has gave birth to.
My opinion is different from most of the people on here. I actually like Pewdiepie's method of LPing. I realize consciously that he is repeating almost the same vulgar jokes over, and over again, but I can't put my finger on why I find him so appealing when I should've gotten tired of him long ago.

Maybe it's the tone of voice he uses? I really don't know.
Pewdiepie is.... ok. he screams allot but not all of them are real.

His fanbase community has a great number of idiots that make stupid, unfunny, unscary, untalanted custom stories that we all should want to see burn...

end of discussion.
(09-16-2012, 06:51 PM)Nemet Robert Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-16-2012, 06:46 PM)Ambaaah :3 Wrote: [ -> ]It's frustrating seeing comments on other people's videoes saying "Omg you copied PewDiePie!!!!!" just because that other person enjoys doing Let's Plays as well.
I was spammed by his fanbase when I was making videos just for that reason. And yet, they were the p*ssed ones, because when I told them that I did not copy him, they started calling names, and thought I was an *ss for that!

TBH, I was utterly insulted, and that was enough to make me hate the fanbase PDP has gave birth to.
yes i have to admit, some of his fans are very annoying,but pewdie is very funny xD i'm a subscriber!, but i as saw on youtube, flame wars are everywhere!! some ppl are saying that cry os copying toby, some say that pewdie is copying nova, and even me that i'm a brazilian gamer sometimes they say that i copied other channels!!! but just ignore =D 1 day, this will stop. just don't listen to them!
but pewdiepie is honest,he play the games that is recommended by his fans
(09-16-2012, 07:20 PM)Gaviao Wrote: [ -> ]i'm a brazilian gamer sometimes they say that i copied other channels!!!
Utter idiots if you ask me.
He is Unprofessional, he treats gaming like a massive joke. that is reason enough for me to Dislike him, Proper Gaming is Serious Business, treat it as such. if all you are going to do is make stupid jokes like an 11 year old on a rather leathal mix of Haribo and Red bull, then stick to Casual titles. leave the grown up titles, you know, to grown up, professional, serious people. I take gaming Seriously, so i expect my reviews and lets plays to also be handled seriously, handling it like a joke makes gaming look like a joke. and that really gets my goat.
(09-16-2012, 07:35 PM)the dark side Wrote: [ -> ]He is Unprofessional, he treats gaming like a massive joke. that is reason enough for me to Dislike him, Proper Gaming is Serious Business, treat it as such. if all you are going to do is make stupid jokes like an 11 year old on a rather leathal mix of Haribo and Red bull, then stick to Casual titles. leave the grown up titles, you know, to grown up, professional, serious people. I take gaming Seriously, so i expect my reviews and lets plays to also be handled seriously, handling it like a joke makes gaming look like a joke. and that really gets my goat.
Playing games and having fun doing so is srs business.
(09-16-2012, 07:38 PM)Obliviator27 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-16-2012, 07:35 PM)the dark side Wrote: [ -> ]He is Unprofessional, he treats gaming like a massive joke. that is reason enough for me to Dislike him, Proper Gaming is Serious Business, treat it as such. if all you are going to do is make stupid jokes like an 11 year old on a rather leathal mix of Haribo and Red bull, then stick to Casual titles. leave the grown up titles, you know, to grown up, professional, serious people. I take gaming Seriously, so i expect my reviews and lets plays to also be handled seriously, handling it like a joke makes gaming look like a joke. and that really gets my goat.
Playing games and having fun doing so is srs business.
And if you don't know ^, then you commit a serious crime!

(jk)
Games should not be pureley about fun, fun should only be a small part of the equazion, being purely about fun suggests "i wnt to win n i wnt to win NAOWZ!!11!!", and thus, ultra dumbed down modern gameplay.

games should be an experience, they should take you to another world, they should CHALLENGE and even FRUSTRATE the player, so they feel immesely rewarded when they do win. thats the way a PROPER Grown up game is.

look, i dont mind a sense of humour with reviewers, so long as its natural wit, and not forced out trolllawlz ("top gear" humour as i call it) its why i like totalbiscuit and Yahtzee crosshaw, they do use humour yes, but its natural humour, and they discuss, knowledgebly, what is right and wrong with a game, they take the subject seriously.

And yes, Gaming IS serious business for the people who make the Games! if its not received well, it could mean the end of the studio that made the game, and some really legendary studios have gone down the pan the past few years. Peoples JOBS ride on how well or not a game does, Gaming is a Business, and a damn serious one, as in this current, money obsessed industry, selling one copy short of this weeks call of duty title can result in the entire studio getting fired!

also, , if i ever got my Ip made, let me tell you id be absolutley spitting Lead if some trolllolzer came along and treated it like a great big joke! because i'd have put time , Money, and EFFORT into making it as good as is possible on the Budget. i imagine all devs feel the same when they work there backsides off to make a PROPER game (ie not a dumbed down casual thing) only for someone to come along on "them thar internetz" and treat it like a damn joke.