Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: PewDiePie arguing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08-22-2012, 05:17 PM)Traggey Wrote: [ -> ]Seems to me as if the lad is playing on a pirated verision of the game though.
Although I think so as well, how can you tell?
(08-22-2012, 05:37 PM)Damascus Rose Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-22-2012, 05:17 PM)Traggey Wrote: [ -> ]Seems to me as if the lad is playing on a pirated verision of the game though.
He seems to be experiencing many issues with certain assets, this might be caused by his graphics card but the errors seem quite odd.

Also in the video he sais ''I can't believe people would pay for this''
I highly doubt he's one to pay money for something and then throw it away like that.
Wow. he pirated the game and bashes it. what a dickhead. FG should ban his video!
(08-22-2012, 05:41 PM)Traggey Wrote: [ -> ]
He seems to be experiencing many issues with certain assets, this might be caused by his graphics card but the errors seem quite odd.

I highly doubt he's one to pay money for something and then throw it away like that.
Alright but I'm still not entirely sure what you mean by issues, I mean can you give an example?

Edit: Ok, I think I see what you mean, I watched the video again and saw some black asset on the floor with no texture
Can we drop this discussion now? This guy clearly takes pride in his ignorance and there's nothing we can do, except hoping that he meets the brute on the street.

We can't all be saved. Some don't even want to be saved. Yes, that is a comforting thought. Saves us from trying.

-Justine
(08-22-2012, 05:41 PM)Traggey Wrote: [ -> ]

There is no such thing as "pirate" versions of video games. They are exact copies of their commercial counterparts and don't function any differently by default. Outdated drivers are undoubtedly the cause and this can affect even people that paid for it (not insulting your intelligence or anything). Unless a fatal error occurred and went unnoticed during copying (which is almost impossible) or something went wrong during packaging (zipping or converting to ISO or something; again, pretty difficult if you're using reputable programs) then any errors experienced are probably your hardware's fault. Maybe pirated copies will function differently if heavy modification is needed to circumvent DRM but Amnesia has none so that's a moot point. Not condoning his actions if he actually did pirate it though, just wanted to chime in.
(08-22-2012, 03:20 PM)Gharren Wrote: [ -> ]Theoretically, Frictional Games could ban this vid, as they have the copyright for any visual material of it, including YouTube videos.
Fair Use covers the posting of any copyrighted content on YouTube as long as it isn't just that copyrighted content. Any game media is fair game this way.
(08-22-2012, 06:24 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote: [ -> ]Can we drop this discussion now? This guy clearly takes pride in his ignorance and there's nothing we can do, except hoping that he meets the brute on the street.

We can't all be saved. Some don't even want to be saved. Yes, that is a comforting thought. Saves us from trying.

-Justine
Sick twisted child....

(@mwn :33)
Just because this guys bad does not make PewDiePie any better.
(08-22-2012, 10:24 PM)darkely Wrote: [ -> ]Just because this guys bad does not make PewDiePie any better.
Lol, nobody said that