Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Abduction: Chapter 3 [RELEASE]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
That is truly strange, because I didn't change but a couple of things since the beta, one of which was just adding a ceiling. Nothing I changed should have caused this issue.
(06-05-2011, 05:54 PM)Dark Knight Wrote: [ -> ]
Spoiler below!
justine monster fucking fast! Tongue
Please put that in a spoiler box.

I got some strange errors when I tried out custom content for my new story. Do you have custom content anxt?
Edit: Because then I think I can help you Smile
Edit2: (Custom content = New textures) Doesn't seem to affect other things.
(06-05-2011, 06:40 PM)Anxt Wrote: [ -> ]That is truly strange, because I didn't change but a couple of things since the beta, one of which was just adding a ceiling. Nothing I changed should have caused this issue.

Maybe I didn't make myself clear there (English isn't my mothertongue, sorry): I had no problems in the beta. I have the problem in the final version. I copied the five Storage-files I found in the map folder of the beta into the map folder of the final version. And even with these beta-files I get the error. As I said I don't know anything about the level designer - but doesn't this mean that the problem isn't the map "Storage" itself but something else?
Well I know, that's what I am saying as well. Nothing big has changed, so if the beta files aren't working for you either, then it's not something I can fix. My files are fine, and I don't know what might be causing the issue. The only "special" entity I have in the storage is a slightly modified brute, but even then it is only a small change to the .ent file, which shouldn't cause any trouble.

Acies: I haven't used any custom stuff, so that wouldn't be the problem.
By the way, I apologize for the delay in the patch, it seems ModDB isn't too fond of actually authorizing things in a timely manner Tongue
So it's just modDB who're slow, not me who're retarded and can't find the download for ch 3, just 1 and 2? xP
Yeah, I am very sorry about that. It has been in line for authorization for about 8 hours now, not sure why they can't just hurry up and authorize the damn thing.

I am hoping that all of the issues will be magically fixed, though, when it finally does get updated.
hehe, on moddb dowloading again available and authorized.

Is that really a new version? I have the same problems with the Guestroom (and the Storage - I know, you didn't find anything about it, just saying to make clear this hasn't changed either). I deleted my old Abduction folder, copied the new one in and loaded a savegame from the older version.

edit: Also, ModDB mentions the 4th of June as date. Looks to me as if they put the old version online again.
Ah, yea, they're so slow sometimes Confused Lol, but yay that it's up now Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25