Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What is your favorite game?
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 35
RE: What is your favorite game?

(05-06-2012, 02:57 AM)joshzilla Wrote: I like playing Silent Hill 1, 2, & 3. I think they are fun games!
I didn't play many pc games though. Amnesia & Penumbra are
what got me hooked to pc games. I'm thinking of buying more
pc games. Maybe "Condemned: Criminal Origins" or "F.E.A.R".
I just got FEAR a couple weeks ago, haven't quite beaten it, but so far, the first FEAR hasn't scared me very much, but FEAR 2 had some scares here and there, so I recommend buying F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin.

Condemned: Criminal Origins I'm eying too. Looks promising.

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
05-06-2012, 03:20 AM
Find
joshzilla Offline

Threads: 0

(05-06-2012, 03:20 AM)XxRoCkBaNdMaNxX Wrote:
(05-06-2012, 02:57 AM)joshzilla Wrote: I like playing Silent Hill 1, 2, & 3. I think they are fun games!
I didn't play many pc games though. Amnesia & Penumbra are
what got me hooked to pc games. I'm thinking of buying more
pc games. Maybe "Condemned: Criminal Origins" or "F.E.A.R".
I just got FEAR a couple weeks ago, haven't quite beaten it, but so far, the first FEAR hasn't scared me very much, but FEAR 2 had some scares here and there, so I recommend buying F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin.

Condemned: Criminal Origins I'm eying too. Looks promising.
"Condemned: Criminal Origins" does seem interesting, so I might buy it. (From the reviews I read so far, they say its a decent game.) "F.E.A.R." is a maybe for now. Another game that interests me is "Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth". People say its pretty scary, so I might try it.
05-06-2012, 03:45 AM
Find
asghdrew Offline

Threads: 10

There is always the SCB series that made me scream but they are very short games.....
Call of Cthulhu is a great game (just its like fear 1) the graphics are outdated to me.....
Condemned Criminal Origins I have that one and its really good , the story and the combat system are really easy to get into.
But Condemned Bloodshot is more of a fighting gore game not horror (i have that one too , but deleted it because it wasnt the same thing anymore , it was like playing Mortal Kombat with story line and more of a free roaming)

lol noobs
05-06-2012, 10:43 AM
Find
Arvuti Offline

Threads: 10

(05-02-2012, 09:34 PM)Googolplex Wrote:
(05-02-2012, 07:54 PM)Arvuti Wrote: How can you even like crap like that, obviously a garbage of modern times.
Words of an action boy.
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/risen-2-dark-waters

Tongue
05-09-2012, 04:43 PM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20

(05-02-2012, 09:34 PM)Googolplex Wrote: Words of an action boy.
Actually, the only thing I've heard about Risen 2, is that they took away the naval battles from it. Isn't that like taking away the horror from FEAR?

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

05-09-2012, 04:58 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

Something that bothers me a bit is that most gamers set their standards a bit too high for video games. It's as if anything that scores below a 75 is classified as "crap", sometimes even 80. Sure I'd agree that they're not awesome games, and obviously have flaws. Still, I would classify them as "average" rather than "crap". These games, while underwhelming, can still dish out fun in smaller doses.

EDIT: This isn't directed at anyone in particular, though it was Arvuti's post that got me thinking (I still respect his opinion). Just something that I thought I'd bring up for thought.
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2012, 05:10 PM by Kreekakon.)
05-09-2012, 05:03 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

(05-09-2012, 04:43 PM)Arvuti Wrote: http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/risen-2-dark-waters[/url]

Tongue

Lol, yes this is the metacritics thing. This is by far the best fake site ever. This is generally known.

Risen 2 is extra old-school style, same as Amnesia and the americans of metacritics just need fun.

Don't believe this childish ego shooter guys of metacritics, they actually don't know anything of true quality.

When you look at games like NFS Hot Pursuit, Skyrim or Battlefield, you will see a hyped score.
This is because americans just love action games with modern warfare gameplay. Risen 2 is a german decent game, not made for americans clichees. So, they're not worth to test it and give a score.

Take your own glance of the game. Here's some kind of beta presentation. But you really can't feel the true epic atmosphere of that game, nothing about the story and it may could look just like a standard PRG. But it's an unique good piece. And this is not only about pirates, they're only a part of that gigantic varied game. The 10 different isles have a different setting each other and the best of beautyful hand work creation. Theere's nothing computer generated, all parts of the big world are drawed by hand.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2058tC_th...re=related
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2012, 05:24 PM by Googolplex.)
05-09-2012, 09:03 PM
Find
Victoria Offline

First post on these forums as I stumbled by chance onto Frictional Games in a late-night, far-reaching perusal of the internet. So hey.

The Silent Hill series, 3 especially, will always have a place in my heart and a fair share of my personal bias concerning true horror in gaming. As a girl however, I'm drawn to the panic situations in no-exp/no-weapon games such as Haunting Ground, Rule of Rose, and the Clock Tower series. The game-play itself can be clunky and awkward, but I never stop wishing for more creative survival horror games in that vein. I also like the Fatal Frame series, as well as more trigger-happy romps like Bioshock and FEAR.

Of course, the nostalgia of playing (well, watching my Dad play usually) Alone in the Dark and 7th Guest as a kid on the old home PC is probably the most potent. And that's not even mentioning Quake or Star Wars Dark Forces.
05-12-2012, 05:24 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(05-09-2012, 09:03 PM)Googolplex Wrote:
(05-09-2012, 04:43 PM)Arvuti Wrote: http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/risen-2-dark-waters[/url]

Tongue

Lol, yes this is the metacritics thing. This is by far the best fake site ever. This is generally known.

Risen 2 is extra old-school style, same as Amnesia and the americans of metacritics just need fun.

Don't believe this childish ego shooter guys of metacritics, they actually don't know anything of true quality.

When you look at games like NFS Hot Pursuit, Skyrim or Battlefield, you will see a hyped score.
This is because americans just love action games with modern warfare gameplay. Risen 2 is a german decent game, not made for americans clichees. So, they're not worth to test it and give a score.

Take your own glance of the game. Here's some kind of beta presentation. But you really can't feel the true epic atmosphere of that game, nothing about the story and it may could look just like a standard PRG. But it's an unique good piece. And this is not only about pirates, they're only a part of that gigantic varied game. The 10 different isles have a different setting each other and the best of beautyful hand work creation. Theere's nothing computer generated, all parts of the big world are drawed by hand.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2058tC_th...re=related
Metacritic isn't one company or one person, it's a system that takes all the reviews from across the web and compiles them into a general score that people gave it. This includes reviews from both Americans and people from other countries.

Posting Freak
05-12-2012, 05:36 AM
Website Find
Victoria Offline

(05-12-2012, 05:36 AM)kman Wrote: Metacritic isn't one company or one person, it's a system that takes all the reviews from across the web and compiles them into a general score that people gave it. This includes reviews from both Americans and people from other countries.
I believe it's owned by CBS (Interactive) so who knows how or if that slants the material.
05-12-2012, 05:40 AM
Find