Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Fandom Gruff ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ) UNFLIPPED THREAD
the dark side Offline

Threads: 9
RE: Random Stuff

no, they are not zaffre, its just, seeing as every game, even in the racing genre, is basically now copying call of duty due to the sheer number of trolls who demand games to be as similar to it as bleeding possible, i am basically being forced OUT of my hobby due to the sheer reliance either on gameplay mechanics that send me, literally, upside down, or a reliance on online multiplayer (wich gives me a nervous breakdown due to the sheer number of hate trolls) , something that is even worse i feel than forcing me to play the ruddy games!

@crisosphinx, i do my best with spelling and grammar, but, dyslexia has a very nasty habbit of blowing it out the window, i should really use dragontype, but, well, how can i improve my typing that way? its like trying to learn to tie laces on velcros! its not gonna go!

it wasnt a call for a ban on internet bullying, just a call for people to stop expoloiting children for money, adults are there for exploiting, not kids! look, i know full well you cannot stop internet bullying, i just feel that controlls need to be put in to Prevent those too young or mentally incapable of coping with it are protected from it, to keep those people as safe from harm as possible, in short, rather than Forcing people to play online, thes titles should be purely SP, with the WHOLE GAME AVAILABLE! no online exclusive content, until you opt into playing it online, and have signed a disclaimer so you agree that basically, you are asking to get trolled into oblivion, or worse. and you should be over 18 before you can play online, it keeps kids safe from harm, without obliterating the right of free speach!

i dont really care for graphical updates, i mean, me, i still play games on the wolf3d engine, as well, i run on the old "can i see what i am doing, graphics are good enough" philosophy of 8 bit gamers. all i care about is that they are exploting kids. if it wasnt for that, i wouldnt even be looking at the WOW argument. to me, the best Multiplayer RPG needs a table, pencils, a LOT of paper, 12 sided die, and some fellow followers of the path of the argemon newt!

and indeed, good point about pandas not really belonging in fantasy, ive read quite a lot of fantasy books over the last few years since being introduced to fantasy, and i havn't ecountered any pandas yet, i mean, ive encountered everything in these fantasy books from dragons to a gaspode, via bloody stupid johnson and a hobbit, but, never a panda! .

a mech game? not seen those in Years! i always wondered what happened to the "western mech" genre. i mean, we had some great ones in the past, mechwarrior (when activision made decent games, yes, THAT long ago!) SHOGO: Mobile Armoured Division, etc, but nothing for a while, was it the failure of Zone Of the Enders 2 that killed the genre off perhaps?
(This post was last modified: 12-26-2012, 09:43 PM by the dark side.)
12-26-2012, 09:20 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

Pedophiles and sexual predators are all around, no matter where. There are killers posting on Craigslist. There are priests molesting little boys. There are people killing others with guns. There are people stabbing others with knives. There are people dying from car accidents. There are people dying of starvation.

Should we press legal actions against Craigslist, a church, a gun company, a kitchenware company, car companies, food distribution companies?

No. That's absurd. The fault is of the person for the mistakes he or she made for their misuse. NOT the company who created the piece for the mistake that was made by its user. Your silly claim falls into this same issue, and I must say it's ridiculous, no offense. I understand what your priorities are and your worries for children, but if a child is going online, the parent should know damn sure that there is evil on the internet. The moment they accept the terms and conditions and play the game, they are fully responsible for what happens to their child, not the game company. If we went around placing our blames on a service for OUR mistakes, we'd live in misery from lack of services around due to them being either shut down, or bank rupt. So no, we should not sue them for making a PANDA EXPANSION. Somehow you turned it into a brainwashing super-scheme... I have no idea how, but if I ever let out a neat expansion and heard what you just said dark side, I'da fallen out of my chair by now.
(This post was last modified: 12-26-2012, 09:24 PM by Statyk.)
12-26-2012, 09:23 PM
Find
Zaffre Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 50

(12-26-2012, 09:19 PM)crisosphinx Wrote:
(12-26-2012, 09:04 PM)the dark side Wrote: Pandas live in zoos or the miniscule segments of rainforest that still exist in the peoples republic of china.

also, i dont really care what you were talking about, i feel it needs to be said that i dont approve of this mod as i feel its intent is disgusting in the extreme, and personally feel should result in criminal charges lain against activision and blizzard, ie, the exploitation of children and exposing them to danger, ie, internet trolls and worse, wich could corrupt there innocence, illegal behavior in several Civilised countrys and a certain very big uncivilised one located between canada and mexico.

also, no, i will not end the rants, if you dont want to read them, then basically, there is a user ignore function. i suggest you use it.

I kinda wish your grammar and spelling were correct, but I agree with half of what you said. The other half sounds like putting a ban on internet bullying, which to be honest, is a horrible idea and can't be done.

I think, in general, WoW is just terrible. It's a good game, it makes profit, Blizzard is a multi-billion dollar company due to this game alone, but it hasn't been updated graphically for years. This mod doesn't improve anything, it just made Kung Fu Panda come to WoW, minus Jack Black.

In all honesty, I don't like the Panda idea. It has no part in the realm of fantasy (goblins, orcs/orks, undead, vampires, were-humans, wood/ light elves, blood/dark elves, high elves, dragons, gryphons, dwarves, lizardmen, frostlings, etc.). But, to each their own. I guess Blizzard in ability to differentiate from anything is there success. Good on them. And with that said, it's best we don't continue this argument, because everyone is just going to fight about whether it's a good series or not.

Instead, let's talk about Hawken. Smile It looks like a great indie Mech game!!!~~~~ Everyone should download the beta and play it online~~~
Don't worry, I have an undead priest named Drdreadful too.

On the other side of things Hawken looks great. I hope that my computer will be able to run it; however it can run Dishonored at 60 fps on high graphics so I don't think it'll be bad.

As of September 2nd, 2014, I've left the Frictional forums. Check my profile for more details.
(This post was last modified: 12-26-2012, 09:25 PM by Zaffre.)
12-26-2012, 09:24 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

I saw things on Hawken, and apparently it's compatible with the Occulus Rift =D Which ALSO looks like an awesome little tool! Anyone here used to play Mechassault?... I miss that game.
12-26-2012, 09:28 PM
Find
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84

(12-26-2012, 09:20 PM)the dark side Wrote: no, they are not zaffre, its just, seeing as every game, even in the racing genre, is basically now copying call of duty due to the sheer number of trolls who demand games to be as similar to it as bleeding possible, i am basically being forced OUT of my hobby, something that is even worse i feel than forcing me to play the ruddy games!

Alright, you're going on my block list, I've had enough of your ridiculous self-pitying rants.

Can't you masturbate to some R34 of 1995 shooters or something?

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
12-26-2012, 09:30 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

(12-26-2012, 09:30 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote:
(12-26-2012, 09:20 PM)the dark side Wrote: no, they are not zaffre, its just, seeing as every game, even in the racing genre, is basically now copying call of duty due to the sheer number of trolls who demand games to be as similar to it as bleeding possible, i am basically being forced OUT of my hobby, something that is even worse i feel than forcing me to play the ruddy games!

Alright, you're going on my block list, I've had enough of your ridiculous self-pitying rants.

Can't you masturbate to some R34 of 1995 shooters or something?

All you had to do was put him on block. shhhh.
12-26-2012, 09:32 PM
Find
the dark side Offline

statyk, i dont care much what corinthean thinks anymore, he's a troll to me, id laugh of i didnt find him so pathetic! anyway, ive got him on block myself now.
(This post was last modified: 12-26-2012, 09:43 PM by the dark side.)
12-26-2012, 09:39 PM
Find
crisosphinx Offline

Threads: 5

(12-26-2012, 09:28 PM)Statyk Wrote: I saw things on Hawken, and apparently it's compatible with the Occulus Rift =D Which ALSO looks like an awesome little tool! Anyone here used to play Mechassault?... I miss that game.

Dude, I used to play Virtual On all the time in Japan. Search that shit up! It's an arcade/ windows 95 game, but it was sooooooo good for the time.

Animation and Rig questions -> crisosphinx@yahoo.com

3D Generalist. Notable work on FG Forums - The Great Work, Five Magics and Cowards Debt.
(This post was last modified: 12-26-2012, 09:55 PM by crisosphinx.)
12-26-2012, 09:44 PM
Find
the dark side Offline

Anyone remember Shogo: Mobile Armoured Divison? that was my introduction to mechs. still got the game, still runs on XP (my secondary OS on this system, primary is win 7) but it took some serious patches to get it to go! worth it though. its aged really well, especially with the fact it gives the pilot and the mech VERY different gameplay elements instead of a "one size fits all" experience.
12-26-2012, 09:47 PM
Find
crisosphinx Offline

Threads: 5

(12-26-2012, 09:30 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote: Can't you masturbate to some R34 of 1995 shooters or something?

I kind of take offense to that 1995 shooters thing... I love old games, myself. I can't say a lot of new ones are that good, content and story wise, then again, graphics are amazing now and mechanics are great. Some games have great content, others are meh.

A lot of my favorite games are from the 90's and early 2000's, then again, I do have favorites of recent times, but if I start listing stuff off, people are going to 1) tell me my games suck, 2) tell me I'm stupid for listing old games I love, 3) tell me that current games (COD for a great example) are the best ever, 4) tell me that I need to update my mind and become relevant because I'm living in the past, or 5) embrace my childhood and my love for old games with open arms, though I severely doubt that'll happen.

For the record, the only reason I seem to hate WoW is the monthly subscription. If it didn't cost money past the initial purchase of the game, I'd be all for it.

(12-26-2012, 09:24 PM)Zaffre Wrote: Don't worry, I have an undead priest named Drdreadful too.

On the other side of things Hawken looks great. I hope that my computer will be able to run it; however it can run Dishonored at 60 fps on high graphics so I don't think it'll be bad.

Thank god - undead priest quote.

My favorite old RPG/strategy game is Age of Wonders. Completely fantasy based, nymphs, dragons, dwarves, goblins, halflings, orcs, undead, all elves, etc. ohhhhh AoW, how well you age (2D sprites). Hell, you even run on windows 7!!! <3333333

Animation and Rig questions -> crisosphinx@yahoo.com

3D Generalist. Notable work on FG Forums - The Great Work, Five Magics and Cowards Debt.
(This post was last modified: 12-26-2012, 09:55 PM by crisosphinx.)
12-26-2012, 09:48 PM
Find