Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Fandom Gruff ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ) UNFLIPPED THREAD
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84
RE: Random Stuff

Sorry Crisosphinx, my only intent was to insult the dark side, nobody else.

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
12-26-2012, 10:00 PM
Find
crisosphinx Offline

Threads: 5

(12-26-2012, 10:00 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote: Sorry Crisosphinx, my only intent was to insult the dark side, nobody else.

That's o.k. <3 Just be mindful of other people when you make such powerful remarks. ^^

You're still a good dude, no harm done.

Animation and Rig questions -> crisosphinx@yahoo.com

3D Generalist. Notable work on FG Forums - The Great Work, Five Magics and Cowards Debt.
12-26-2012, 10:01 PM
Find
the dark side Offline

Threads: 9

personally, i think the gameplay mechanics of many modern games are dreadfull, to the point of unplayability, the only modern games i really take to are "throwback" titles, wich use the gameplay from yesteryear, or racing simulators, wich actually do improve as gaming goes on as they can become more technical and realistic with each technological advancement. i mean, "I racing" is now so realistic, and attracts so many pro drivers, everyone from old legends like Nigel Mansell to young hotshots like Sabastian Vettel, the races are getting broadcast live on Motors TV in europe and "SPEED" stateside.

actually, i am not impressed by modern graphics either a lot of the time, oh sure, they are technically accomplished in terms of lighting range and pixel numbers, but because many are designed to run on consoles, wich i am sorry to say are well and truly out of date technologically compared to even an average current PC, they also suffer from Blinding lens flaring and serious "jaggies" due to a lack of Anti Aliasing abilities, as well as a dog slow 30 FPS frame cap (come on, even a MEGADRIVE can do 60 FPS thanks to its "blast processor") that leads me to think that some older PC titles on IDtech III (SOF II) and Lithtech Jupiter (NOLF 2) look better, as they took advantage of PC processing power, and have a higher frame cap, up to 5 level anti aliasing, and dont blind you with lens flaring. heck, i actually think IDtech III is a better engine that idtech 5, because idtech III has 60 FPS cap, 4 level anti aliasing, no flare, and can handle first person vehicles, were as 5 is capped at 30, has NO AA support, flares like mad, and can only do 3rd person , the main reason, IDtech III was designed for PC, and 5 was designed for xbox360.

also, list what you want crisosphinx, if the trolls dont like it, just block em, when they dont get any attention, they will soon toddle of back to xbox live. i dont hide the fact that i still play a ton of classic titles, heck i was playing the original rise of the triad (and the shareware episode: "the HUNT begins" at that) only this morning, and you shouldnt hide the fact you still love old games either. if the modern game lovers dont like it, that is their problem. not yours.

heck. i want you to list your fave old games, see if we have any faves in common!
(This post was last modified: 12-26-2012, 10:17 PM by the dark side.)
12-26-2012, 10:02 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

Guys, is this necessary? Just let the others in peace and they will let you in peace. Calm down.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
12-26-2012, 10:09 PM
Find
crisosphinx Offline

(12-26-2012, 10:02 PM)the dark side Wrote: personally, i think the gameplay mechanics of many modern games are dreadfull, to the point of unplayability, im not impressed by modern graphics either, oh sure, they are technically accomplished in terms of lighting range and pixel numbers, but because many are designed to run on consoles, wich i am sorry to say are well and truly out of date technologically compared to even an average current PC, they also suffer from Blinding lens flaring and serious "jaggies" due to a lack of AA, as well as a dog slow 30 FPS frame cap that leads me to think that some older PC titles on IDtech III (SOF II) and Lithtech Jupiter (NOLF 2) look better, as they took advantage of PC processing power, and have a higher frame cap, up to 5 level anti aliasing, and dont blind you with lens flaring.

also, list what you want crisosphinx, if the trolls dont like it, just block em, when they dont get any attention, they will soon toddle of back to xbox live. i dont hide the fact that i still play a ton of classic titles, heck i was playing the original rise of the triad (and the shareware episode: "the HUNT begins" at that) only this morning, and you shouldnt hide the fact you still love old games either. if the modern game lovers dont like it, that is their problem. not yours.

heck. i want you to list your fave old games, see if we have any faves in common!

Sure thing. Now, again, I agree with what you said, but I also like some new games. I particularly like the mechanics and graphics in new games because, well, I'm a game designer (just beginning my career). You can still find games without lensflare, setting aside games like Battlefield 3, COD, MW, and any other shooter in recent days. Battlefield 2 had great mechanics, but lack of significant lighting, lack of realism, but emphasis on good game play and it's mechanics. It's just more technical.

For example, Binding of Isaac is great 2D- topdown game. You'd probably like it, with it's roots in Legend of Zelda. It's gorey though.

I'll open up a separate thread later with my favorite games. Most of which I can't play now due to my computer being overly powered.

Also, if we open up a thread talking about old games, would you mind if we just keep all the old game talk there? Smile I don't want other people getting angry at you for little to no reason (yes, everyone, I consider the fighting you're all doing about WoW, a tiny, insignificant reason).

3D Generalist. Notable work on FG Forums - The Great Work, Five Magics and Cowards Debt.
(This post was last modified: 12-26-2012, 10:15 PM by crisosphinx.)
12-26-2012, 10:13 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

I took apart my Nintendo DS over a year ago to install a Pulse LED mod to it. I have the clear blue case, now I need the pulse chip.... Shall I spend some of my Chirstmas dosh to piece it back together and get the chip? Because during christmas, my little cousin was playing on a DS he got, and I was just reminded of the awesomeness of Metroid Prime: Hunters... I loved playing that online. Kind of miss it.

Example of intended result:

1:29 - Sleep effect
2:25 - PulseVU Audio effect

12-26-2012, 10:19 PM
Find
the dark side Offline

Threads: 9

your a game designer chrisos. WOW! lucky you, id love to get inot the industry, as i have my own Ip, but, due to its very restrictive lease (basically, you cannot use modern gameplay under the terms of the copywrite lease) and i cant afford a tech demo right now as i blew my budget copywriting the ip 100% to my controll, no pubs are looking at it, ive got devs queing round the block! but,. pubs just weazel away.

my main issue with the MMS is 1. i find the cover and shoot gameplay, thanks to the very low health of the charachters very boring, 2. i cant understand the "bloody screen" hint, without a lifebar, i dont know what ive got in the tank, and the constant death gets me furious, because, come on, i can do Quake on nightmare without one dirt nap! and 3. my main issue is the expanding crosshairs and forced aim down sites. the expanding crosshairs effect triggers an issue with my autism that makes the room go upside down in 5 minuites or less, yes, i know older games had them, 2 of my faves do, SOF II and NOLF,. but the effect could be turned off, giving you static hairs, wich i can cope with (it also increased the guns accuracy). modern games dont let you turn the effect off. so, i cant play. and 2. the sudden loss of periphial in ADS sends my brain into a tailspin, i kind of "lock up" mentally. and 4, they are too focussed on online MP.

ill take a look at blinding of isaac. as i do love zelda, still play OOT every time i have my n64 out of the wardrobe. gore is no issue, like i said, i'm a SOF 1 and 2 fan, some of the bloodiest games ever launched mainstream. thanks for the suggestion.

sure, i would like that thread, and ill try and keep my love of old games in there, thanks.
12-26-2012, 10:36 PM
Find
crisosphinx Offline

(12-26-2012, 10:36 PM)the dark side Wrote: your a game designer chrisos. WOW! lucky you, id love to get inot the industry, as i have my own Ip, but, due to its very restrictive lease (basically, you cannot use modern gameplay under the terms of the copywrite lease) and i cant afford a tech demo right now as i blew my budget copywriting the ip 100% to my controll, no pubs are looking at it, ive got devs queing round the block! but,. pubs just weazel away.

my main issue with the MMS is 1. i find the cover and shoot gameplay, thanks to the very low health of the charachters very boring, 2. i cant understand the "bloody screen" hint, without a lifebar, i dont know what ive got in the tank, and the constant death gets me furious, because, come on, i can do Quake on nightmare without one dirt nap! and 3. my main issue is the expanding crosshairs and forced aim down sites. the expanding crosshairs effect triggers an issue with my autism that makes the room go upside down in 5 minuites or less, yes, i know older games had them, 2 of my faves do, SOF II and NOLF,. but the effect could be turned off, giving you static hairs, wich i can cope with (it also increased the guns accuracy). modern games dont let you turn the effect off. so, i cant play. and 2. the sudden loss of periphial in ADS sends my brain into a tailspin, i kind of "lock up" mentally. and 4, they are too focussed on online MP.

ill take a look at blinding of isaac. as i do love zelda, still play OOT every time i have my n64 out of the wardrobe. gore is no issue, like i said, i'm a SOF 1 and 2 fan, some of the bloodiest games ever launched mainstream. thanks for the suggestion.

sure, i would like that thread, and ill try and keep my love of old games in there, thanks.

EVERYONE, I PRESENT, OLD GAMES THREAD

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-19690.html

Here you are sir!

12-26-2012, 10:41 PM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Today has been a sad day for the Random Stuff thread.

[Image: luv.gif]
12-27-2012, 01:36 AM
Find
crisosphinx Offline

(12-27-2012, 01:36 AM)Lucke Wrote: Today has been a sad day for the Random Stuff thread.

Don't look at it as a glass half-empty. It's a glass half-full. Random thread has now grown stronger. It's also going to flood with random posts and pictures of cats within the next year or so. It'll probably raise from 3000 posts to 10000 posts within a month. Don't worry about it.

Or I'll eat you. I'm taking ChronoFox's position, as I am now the new Chronos "Baby eater". ;3

12-27-2012, 01:39 AM
Find