Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
felixmole Offline

Threads: 7
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion

(03-10-2013, 09:39 AM)JawlessWarrior Wrote: I sure hope this game is amazing, I thought it was supposed to come out in January 0.o
You will read interesting stuff at http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-20400.html Wink
03-10-2013, 09:53 AM
Find
Tiger Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(03-10-2013, 06:36 AM)3dge Wrote:
(03-09-2013, 04:57 PM)No Author Wrote:
(03-09-2013, 04:26 PM)3dge Wrote: That was 6am, cut me some slack.

The first thing popped on my mind is "Cut some throats" (From Dishonored). when I saw your post.

Dishonored is one hell of a game.

It's awesome.
03-10-2013, 10:24 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

OFF-TOPIC:
I want to change a script in the Script Functions so that i can use them in a .hps. Am i changing it correct?
PHP Code: (Select All)
void SetLevelDoorLockedText(stringasNamestringasTextCatstringasTextEntry); 
TO
PHP Code: (Select All)
SetLevelDoorLockedText("""Messages""DoorMessage"); 
Just wanted to know.
On-topic:
The AI is terrible in A:TDD. Those who see it in their first playthrough will take advantage of the bad AI and gets through the game easier.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
03-10-2013, 01:05 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Um, I think you should make a thread is dev support for that...

For the bad AI though, that's the player's fault. If you're properly immersed you shouldn't be thinking about out smarting the AI and taking advantages of its faults to "beat" it, you should feel as if you're actually in that situation in real life, in which case you wouldn't hold up a drawer to hide because if you did you'd be dead. That's just another example of playing to experience it rather than playing to win it.

Posting Freak
03-10-2013, 01:17 PM
Website Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(03-10-2013, 01:17 PM)Kman Wrote: Um, I think you should make a thread is dev support for that...

For the bad AI though, that's the player's fault. If you're properly immersed you shouldn't be thinking about out smarting the AI and taking advantages of its faults to "beat" it, you should feel as if you're actually in that situation in real life, in which case you wouldn't hold up a drawer to hide because if you did you'd be dead. That's just another example of playing to experience it rather than playing to win it.
Completely the player's fault. Some games makes some players to crave action (I'M POINTING AT YOU, COD!). This makes them to think that this is a game. If you play COD before Amnesia, i'll tell you, these games ARE NOT for you.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
03-10-2013, 01:24 PM
Find
MyRedNeptune Offline

Threads: 3

Wait a minute... not being immersed is the player's fault now? How exactly does one force immersion upon oneself? Something's fishy here...

^(;,;)^
03-10-2013, 01:44 PM
Find
idnkan Offline

Threads: 0

(02-09-2012, 12:35 PM)palistov Wrote: Seriously guys, stop sprouting new random threads around the forum. Just post em here.

http://www.aamfp.com
03-10-2013, 02:00 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(03-10-2013, 01:44 PM)MyRedNeptune Wrote: Wait a minute... not being immersed is the player's fault now? How exactly does one force immersion upon oneself? Something's fishy here...

You have to let yourself be immersed to properly be immersed, yeah. It's a two way deal, the devs need to set up a proper story and atmosphere and the player needs to allow themselves to forget it's a game and pretend they're actually in that world. You can't force yourself to be immersed, but not reading notes, playing around with monsters etc. are ways of not letting the game immerse you.

Posting Freak
03-10-2013, 02:08 PM
Website Find
MyRedNeptune Offline

Threads: 3

I agree with you that deliberately playing with the game won't get you immersed, but being de-immersed (hmm) because of a bug is 100% the developer's fault. In my opinion, the moment you remember that there is a bug to be exploited is the moment you unimmerse (hmmm...), regardless of whether you actually follow through with the action or not, and, of course, it is the responsibility of the developer to prevent that.

^(;,;)^
03-10-2013, 02:26 PM
Find
felixmole Offline

Threads: 7

As far as I am concerned: I had never noticed the monster glitches before watching videos on youtube.

Off the top of my head, the only glitch I can see that might happen to "legit" players is the "door glitch" (Monster gets stuck into a door trying to break it down). Most of the others are due to the player's attempts to defeat the AI (ie. lead it astray and get it stuck into a wall; carry a box in front of Daniel's head; etc.).

So yes: the AI should be fixed but it is probably the least important thing I'm expecting from AMFP. If the monster's appearances are well scripted, works for me.
03-10-2013, 03:45 PM
Find