Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
Macgyverthehero Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 23
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion

(03-19-2013, 09:45 PM)Hirnwirbel Wrote:
Diz Wrote:About the message "the swine will rise," every time I watched the teaser and reached that part of it, I had shivers. No, seriously. That part of the clip along will make me hesitate entering that factory. I find it that creepy.

Any more ideas? Well, let us hear them already!

To me, that phrase, combined with the concept art of a chapel and pigs on a crucifix makes me think of some sort of cult, or a sect maybe... people who see themselves and their fellow humans as lowliest animals, who celebrate the downfall of society and the loss of their own humanity with maniacal glee, cover their faces with putrid pig heads and speak in grunts and squeals. Who started worshipping the machine they're slaving away for as both their torment and salvation and will drag you down with them when they eventually throw themselves into it!

I dunno, it kinda fits well with my whole theory about how famine and plague, combined with the already meagre ethics of the industrial revolution destroyed the very fabric of human morals in this fictional London Big Grin

Wow... a cult never came to my mind. I was thinking more of like the machine was starting to mass produce pig/human/robot like monsters, and maybe Oswald was behind it some of it.

[Image: Keo88b.gif]
03-19-2013, 10:06 PM
Find
sasaluvsamnesia7 Offline

Threads: 0

Plot is a big deal to me. I feel most games these days do not provide with a well-detailed plot. Games such as the Dead Space series. You know who's going to die, who's going to live, the story is the same old. It's completely obvoius, but with The Dark Descent, one of the main reasons I fell in love with it was due to its fantastic plot. Playing through it, I became interested in the notes, and in Daniel's story. I wanted to learn more about the Black Eagle, more on how Alexander came to our world and what he was, more on how the Grunts and Brutes became what they did. And, to learn to either love or hate Daniel as we learn his past. It's terrifying, but I had to push through the horror to learn the truth.

One reason I was a little disappointed in the ending, but this is why I think AAMFP is going to be so good Smile Another reason why I brought up the 'swine will rise' line. I love thinking about the storyline, as well as the horror aspect of what will come to us.
03-20-2013, 12:35 AM
Find
Dr. Swinestein Offline

This world is a machine.
A Machine for Pigs.
Fit only for the slaughtering of pigs
-
the swine will rise

I think there is very much about the Story in these few short sentences
The Earth is a big Slaughterhouse and People are the Meat - but whose ??

Here is what i am thinking about, thats a Men-Trap (perhaps in a Hotel) for getting human Meat or human Sacrifices for their "satanic" cult rituals!?
[Image: 1362317843.jpg]

Here we can see something on the left side of the picture - it looks like some fingers of a human hand. -Human Meat on a big dinner table at a rich and noble ambience, probably in a resident of the finest English Society - a fine and aristocratic cannibalism sect? Thats very weird. A strange and bizarre but very interesting contrast[Image: Machine-for-Pigs-New2.jpg]

And the "Altar of the Swine" ??? ;-)
Is it for Worshipping the great Pig God (or Pig-Devil^^) or are Pigs just the cult-sacrifice???

[Image: amnesia_a_machine_for_pigs.jpg]

Dont know but i think the ingredients: Victorian Era + Steampunk mechanism elements + cannibalism + rich and noble society + secret satanic cult + SWINE-Monsters Wink = A Very creepy and macabre Storyline for a very good and unique Horror Game ;-)
(This post was last modified: 03-20-2013, 10:20 PM by Dr. Swinestein.)
03-20-2013, 03:42 AM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(03-20-2013, 03:42 AM)Dr. Swinestein Wrote: contrast[Image: Machine-for-Pigs-New2.jpg]

Literally just ribs.
03-20-2013, 05:49 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(03-20-2013, 03:42 AM)Dr. Swinestein Wrote: [Image: amnesia_a_machine_for_pigs.jpg]

...Am I the only one that thinks the lighting looks like shit in this?

Posting Freak
03-20-2013, 06:03 AM
Website Find
No Author Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10

(03-20-2013, 06:03 AM)Kman Wrote:
(03-20-2013, 03:42 AM)Dr. Swinestein Wrote: [Image: amnesia_a_machine_for_pigs.jpg]

...Am I the only one that thinks the lighting looks like shit in this?

Nope.avi

[Image: the-cabin-in-the-woods-masked-people.jpg]
03-20-2013, 07:33 AM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Quote: ...Am I the only one that thinks the lighting looks like shit in this?
You're completely right, but let's not start that discussion again, shall we? Wink Because, while we're at it, that scene there also uses a ton of old TDD assets (Which already caused some guys here to completely freak out, like, a 100 or so pages ago). It's not even on the official page anymore and the newer screenshots look very different, which I believe strongly indicates that they were just experimenting around at that point in development and that this in no way shows what the game looks like now - so no worries Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 03-20-2013, 11:32 AM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
03-20-2013, 11:30 AM
Find
Ultimapwn Offline

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-20831.html

guys mind checking my suggestion?
03-20-2013, 04:24 PM
Find
Spaceman Offline

Threads: 1

(03-20-2013, 04:24 PM)Ultimapwn Wrote: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-20831.html

Whether or not its a good suggestion (something I will refrain from commenting on) it won't ever be implemented into the game. They're already in the final stages of QA and checking the game over, so unless they've kept it locked in a box on Mount Cragdor then it isn't in the game.

[Image: tumblr_meuosnsjDw1s01xwto1_500.gif]
03-20-2013, 05:07 PM
Find
maarten12100 Offline

(03-20-2013, 04:24 PM)Ultimapwn Wrote: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-20831.html

Just did we're not that kind of ppl we play for immersion not screaming like idiots #let'splayofacertainperson
03-20-2013, 05:35 PM
Find