Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion

Yeah i read that too. I can't believe it...after all these great news, FrictionalGames suddenly turn out to be insolvent. And since Everybody's Gone To The Rapture used up all of thechineseroom's own savings, the only hope for AAMFP lies in finding an external publisher. I've heard that EA is actually interested, under the condition that the game will get a greater emphasis on action and a combat system...
04-08-2013, 05:33 PM
Find
Ossie Offline

Threads: 8

(04-08-2013, 05:33 PM)Hirnwirbel Wrote: Yeah i read that too. I can't believe it...after all these great news, FrictionalGames suddenly turn out to be insolvent. And since Everybody's Gone To The Rapture used up all of thechineseroom's own savings, the only hope for AAMFP lies in finding an external publisher. I've heard that EA is actually interested, under the condition that the game will get a greater emphasis on action and a combat system...

And EA have also said that if they take it on you'll also need a PERMANENT 'always online' Internet connection whenever you play AAMFP.

Oh dear ............

Wink Wink Wink
04-08-2013, 05:37 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

I actually need to come out on something with you guys...

I'm actually a great fan of EA, and quite adore how they've actionized most game sequels for a bigger audience. People say they do it for a bigger audience? Maybe so, but that doesn't matter because it actually makes the game BETTER! I seriously wish more games would follow EA's great example, or maybe even better, go under EA themselves!

So yeah it greatly excites me that there is a rumour going around that AMFP might be heading under EA's wing, because a more combat oriented system is DEFINITELY something that I felt was lacking in the original Amnesia. Even if it means puling away from focus on story, I'm sure it will make an overall better game.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 04-08-2013, 05:39 PM by Kreekakon.)
04-08-2013, 05:38 PM
Find
Ossie Offline

Damn right man.

Wink
04-08-2013, 05:40 PM
Find
Sarcophagus Offline

(04-08-2013, 05:38 PM)Kreekakon Wrote: I actually need to come out on something with you guys...

I'm actually a great fan of EA, and quite adore how they've actionized most game sequels for a bigger audience. People say they do it for a bigger audience? Maybe so, but that doesn't matter because it actually makes the game BETTER! I seriously wish more games would follow EA's great example, or maybe even better, go under EA themselves!

So yeah it greatly excites me that there is a rumour going around that AMFP might be heading under EA's wing, because a more combat oriented system is DEFINITELY something that I felt was lacking in the original Amnesia. Even if it means puling away from focus on story, I'm sure it will make an overall better game.

Combat system in Amnesia? No thank you

Species come and go, but the Earth stands forever fast.
(This post was last modified: 04-08-2013, 05:41 PM by Sarcophagus.)
04-08-2013, 05:40 PM
Website Find
jiersk Offline

Threads: 12

(04-08-2013, 05:28 PM)Scraper Wrote: It is cancelled.

Kidding right? Please tell me you're kidding.

Life is a joke made by someone with a bad sense of humor.
04-08-2013, 05:41 PM
Find
TiberiusBond Offline

Threads: 0

If that actually happened, I'm pretty sure fancreeper would go on a murderous rampage that would be in the history books forever

[Image: V642RRt.gif]
04-08-2013, 05:41 PM
Find
Deep One Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 9

I've heard that Thechineseroom totally screwed up with AAMFP (there was a combat system, regenerative health etc.) and FG had to cancel it.
04-08-2013, 05:42 PM
Find
Sarcophagus Offline

(04-08-2013, 05:42 PM)Deep One Wrote: I've heard that Thechineseroom totally screwed up with AAMFP (there was a combat system, regenerative health etc.) and FG had to cancel it.

Damn chineseroom, I TRUSTED THEM...

Species come and go, but the Earth stands forever fast.
04-08-2013, 05:43 PM
Website Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

(04-08-2013, 05:40 PM)Sarcophagus Wrote: Combat system in Amnesia? No thank you

You're a kiddy kid if you don't like combat systems.

Fatty fatty kiddy kid...........
...with...ummm...NO PARENTS!

(04-08-2013, 05:41 PM)jiersk Wrote:

Kidding right? Please tell me you're kidding.
No, it's not canceled at all. The game is just heading under EA's wing. Rumored, but I'm sure it'll be confirmed by EA's chairman soon!

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
04-08-2013, 05:43 PM
Find