Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Traggeys weekend screenshot competition! (WOHOO!)
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60
RE: Traggeys weekend screenshot competition! (WOHOO!)

(03-10-2014, 06:04 PM)Khyrpa Wrote: This was rather fun. Wouldn't suggest zooming in, since models and texturing is rushed as hell Big Grin

And working with huge objects in hpl is a pain in the butt. Why is the zoom back distance limited?
Spoiler below!

[Image: sXJsdK3.jpg]

How do you feel about the scale? It feels really odd trying to fake the distance between camera and the tower.

I like the whole composition.. the colors; yellow to orange really fits in well with the sky (did you paint that yourself? Smile) In all one of the more interesting screenshots I've seen in a while!

Other than that one of the problems is the texturing as you mentioned; main focus of upgrades should probably be the two closests 'towers' (particularily the upper section of the tower) and two 'pillars' by the entrance. I think you can get away with the texturing of the rest of the stuff - as you aren't looking too closely at that. The pillars also have this 'spike' at the top of them - going in theme with the spikyness of the rest of the environment - but that spike looks a little odd imo.

The above mentions are mostly minor and I don't think one should look at this environment 'to see the fine details' but rather on as a whole.

Very nice job Khyrpa! With the smoke and placement of objects it feels more like a painting rather than an environment - interesting take :]

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

03-10-2014, 06:36 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Traggeys weekend screenshot competition! (WOHOO!) - by Acies - 03-10-2014, 06:36 PM