Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 4.38 Average
Spoiler Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*
Fortigurn Offline

Threads: 6
RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*

(09-15-2013, 08:08 AM)randeh Wrote: When are the twins killed?

I agree with what you wrote here. I came to virtually the same conclusion ten hours into the game (it took me just over twelve hours to complete).
Spoiler below!
Killed in Mexico, re-animated as half-machines, ultimately hooked up to the machine (as seen in the final scene), on either side of the chair in which Mandus sacrifices himself.

Quote:Who is the man in the iron lung?

Agree with this; I had reached almost the same conclusion seven hours in, only reversed.
Spoiler below!
I ultimately decided the body in the Machine was Oswald's, and that we control another part of him, but I was never certain about what body that part of him inhabited.

Quote:
Spoiler below!
The answer is in the name of that chapter - Enoch, Edwin, Oswald, and I.

I agree this was a critical title, and confirmed a lot of what I had concluded once I read it.

Quote:... who the hell am I playing?

I agree your explanation has a lot going for it.
Spoiler below!
I was divided between concluding the heart powering the machine was his wife's, or his; if it's his then what does the Machine pull out of him in the final scene, and how does that terminate the Mandus who is in the sarcophagus?

I decided they are two fragments of the one soul, and if one dies the other dies. The Mandus we control is certainly the original 'good' side of Mandus, and he sabotaged the Machine. But why has he no memory of having sabotaged it?
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2013, 09:11 AM by Fortigurn.)
09-23-2013, 09:10 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert* - by Fortigurn - 09-23-2013, 09:10 AM
The birth of a new century - by Integria - 09-27-2013, 01:32 AM