Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What part of Amnesia scared you the most?
Zaffre Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 50
RE: What part of Amnesia scared you the most?

(01-09-2013, 08:32 PM)i3670 Wrote: Main menu and first map.

As I am one of the biggest sissies around I got a fright from the music and the look of menu. Then in the first map when the door blew open I just quit and told my friend to play at the same time with me whilst talking on skype. Yep, a real man here. Gonna have alot of fun playing Machine for Pigs.

Spoiler below!
When I played Penumbra: Overture I followed a walkthrough and even though it clearly said "You'll see a figure in the distance and then the lights will go out and you'll be knocked out" I was on the edge of tears. FYI I was listening to selena gomez to cheer the mood up.
Man, you're a sissy. Fearquitting on the first level? That's a first.

No offense.

As of September 2nd, 2014, I've left the Frictional forums. Check my profile for more details.
01-09-2013, 10:00 PM
Find
i3670 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 74

Well, what can I say. I'm not living in denial. I did finish the game though without my pal in my headphones.

"What you think is irrelevant" - A character of our time

A Christmas Hunt
01-10-2013, 12:48 AM
Find
sasaluvsamnesia7 Offline

Threads: 0

(10-11-2010, 06:09 PM)sourceman Wrote: This game is and has been rated one of the scaryest games of all time. Share your stories with the community. beware of spoilers. if you can try and keep them at a minimal spoiler, not major.
this is mine.

-going to the guest room.
-go into the room with THAT part.
-suddenly i hear a monster burst through the door.
-it's 3AM and im wearing headphones.
-hide in the closet.
-hear the things breathing and freak out in real life.
-it finally goes away.
-as in the game, my head is pounding and my hands are shaking.

That was something i wasn't expecting.

For me, the scariest part in the game was the morgue. I was not expecting that Brute to come barging at the door after taking the corpse's blood. Made me jump so high out of my seat, I spilled water all over myself. Ah... Good memory. That was so long ago. Smile
01-10-2013, 12:19 PM
Find
felixmole Offline

Threads: 7

Another very scary part that I never knew about; while I was testing the level editor I decided to go over the prison's Southern block. I triggered the grunt up the stairs, waited for it to vanish, then got up them, walked around, and got back down the stairs...

For those who don't know what happens then, I suggest you replay the game and enjoy the surprise past the stairs...

Or, you can watch this video, but hey, no fun... https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl...P4YU#t=48s
(This post was last modified: 01-13-2013, 10:22 PM by felixmole.)
01-10-2013, 02:13 PM
Find
ZraloK Offline

Threads: 1

Easily the sewer part.

-See monster standing still
-Realizes I will have to throw a rock to lure then go around
-Get's anxious, throws rock and runs other way
-As I walk by where the monster first stood, "well that was easy"
-I'm so cool, mad jukes, crossed him up good
-Opens next door, hear's monster, turns around
-He's right there!
-Screams like a girl and gets killed -.-

"Death is light as a feather, duty is heavy as a mountain."
--Rand Al'Thor
01-13-2013, 08:44 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(01-09-2013, 08:32 PM)i3670 Wrote: Main menu and first map.

As I am one of the biggest sissies around I got a fright from the music and the look of menu. Then in the first map when the door blew open I just quit and told my friend to play at the same time with me whilst talking on skype. Yep, a real man here. Gonna have alot of fun playing Machine for Pigs.

Spoiler below!
When I played Penumbra: Overture I followed a walkthrough and even though it clearly said "You'll see a figure in the distance and then the lights will go out and you'll be knocked out" I was on the edge of tears. FYI I was listening to selena gomez to cheer the mood up.

Really First Map? i guess you are a sissy. And you are gonna have a lot of fun playing A Machine for Pigs? Dude, you can't even go through the first level!
EDIT: Didn't see Post #122. Sorry.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
(This post was last modified: 01-14-2013, 09:53 AM by PutraenusAlivius.)
01-14-2013, 09:52 AM
Find
JoshJDubya Offline

(01-09-2013, 10:00 PM)Zaffre Wrote: Man, you're a sissy. Fearquitting on the first level? That's a first.
No, it's really not the first time. The beginning of the game does a good job building up the tension. The anticipation that something is going to happen is what gets you. Granted, it's when stuff does start to happen that it gets even worse!
01-16-2013, 08:19 PM
Find
sasaluvsamnesia7 Offline

Scariest part for me was the morgue, when the Brute smashes the door after Daniel injects himself. That part made me jump out of my pants.
01-20-2013, 01:06 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(01-20-2013, 01:06 PM)sasaluvsamnesia7 Wrote: Scariest part for me was the morgue, when the Brute smashes the door after Daniel injects himself. That part made me jump out of my pants.

I know, right?! I just opened the door to the Brute. I think you know what happened next.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
01-20-2013, 02:23 PM
Find
Spaceman Offline

Threads: 1

(01-10-2013, 02:13 PM)felixmole Wrote: Another very scary part that I never knew about; while I was testing the level editor I decided to go over the prison's Southern block. I triggered the grunt up the stairs, waited for it to vanish, then got up them, walked around, and got back down the stairs...

For those who don't know what happens then, I suggest you replay the game and enjoy the surprise past the stairs...

Or, you can watch this video, but hey, no fun... https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl...P4YU#t=48s

Woah holy crap. I never knew that happened... So the conditions for that are that you trigger the brute up the stairs, let it despawn, then walk back down the stairs? Cause it didn't look like he did that in the video... Nice find though! Might have to replay for this :3

Did you ever try that other one in the first archives? After the monster bursts down the door and you can leave, if you turn right in the main hall towards the collapsed doorway, and you go and stand infront of it looking in, just see what happens ^-^

[Image: tumblr_meuosnsjDw1s01xwto1_500.gif]
01-20-2013, 02:54 PM
Find