Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Most scariest enemy
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Servant Grunt
31.25%
45 31.25%
Servant Brute
34.03%
49 34.03%
Water Lurker
27.78%
40 27.78%
The Shadow
6.94%
10 6.94%
Total 144 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

The most scariest enemy
Oscar House Offline

Threads: 3
RE: The most scariest enemy

Hahaha, my reaction to the choir Brute was "Huh. Is that the enemy music? I wonder what happens if I just stand on this bridge OHMYGODRUN"

[Image: 2exldzm.png]
02-03-2011, 08:05 PM
Find
gandalf91 Offline

Threads: 13

Lol. The choir kept me on edge, but I just stayed crouched and moving the whole time (as I did much of the game). Stick to pillars and slow movements around that section and it isn't too tough. What will get you killed is trying to run through the large open area.

Personally, I was more afraid of the idea of a brute until I looked at the .ent files...I had heard somewhere that brutes were a) much faster than grunts b) more perceptive (sight and hearing) and c) one-hit ko's. However, I was looking through all the variables only to find that brutes actually have substantially poorer vision. Both have the same hearing detection. Both have similar search parameters. Whatever the "BreakDoor" attack strength is, it is lower for the brute, and walk to run speed is slower on a brute...

I may just not be understanding some of the variables completely, but the .ent files give me the impression that aside from attack damage, the brute is actually less dangerous. Either way, by the time I got to the first brute, the monsters in general weren't as scary as they were at the start of the game. And after you sneak past a couple, you get a feel for how they really operate in the game. That sort of takes it out of the realm of the unknown, and isn't as scary.

I'm working on editing some of the .ent files now, before a second playthrough. My main goals are to:

- Rid the feeling that the monsters don't really search hard enough for the in the game.
- Monsters (especially the brute in the sewer) are too easy to sneak right past as long as their back is turned. Monsters should be able to hear a little better.
- Monsters should be able to see slightly farther in the dark.
- Brute should be able to see a little farther period.
- Make the darkness just a little darker (nothing too drastic)
- Make the oil lamp burn a bit slower, but to counter this, remove some of the oil jars in the game, making oil itself a little more scarce.
02-23-2011, 08:55 PM
Find
narutohokager Offline

Threads: 28

For me is Server Grunt, but just Stress, than The Shadow really scariest.

Sorry for my bad english
Amnesia The Revenge - Chapter 1
02-23-2011, 09:25 PM
Website Find
LSunday Offline

Threads: 1

I said water lurker simply because it influenced my behavior for the most time. I didn't get the one in the Cistern, because that only happens if your sanity is too low, so I only had to deal with the one in the very beginning- however, I was still afraid to get in any of the water. The brutes/grunts, while scary, never scared me enough to always worry about them: I often forgot to check around corners, look for cabinets or turn off my lamp in new sections, because I wasn't as scared (i was still pretty terrified, however). In water, however, I refused to get in it without finding at least 2 areas to run to and jump out again. I sometimes even carried a box with me in case the room flooded like it did in the beginning of the game.

I ended up feeling safer anywhere that didn't have water.
02-25-2011, 03:55 AM
Find
Mervin Offline

Threads: 0

Mr. Flappy Jaw.
02-26-2011, 11:51 PM
Find
gandalf91 Offline

Threads: 13

(02-26-2011, 11:51 PM)Mervin Wrote: Mr. Flappy Jaw.

^Haha Big Grin
02-27-2011, 07:53 PM
Find
Krohm Offline

Threads: 0

I'd say the water lurker. It's too easy to hide from the brute and the grunt, but the second you set foot in water the lurker is after you, even if it is slow and maybe easier to avoid than it should be.

Even if a grunt is starting to chase you and close, all you have to do is crouch behind something in the darkness, sometimes not even out of it's view and you can lose it.

Also, there's no waiting for the lurker to leave and IMO it makes the most intimidating sounds.

[Image: 3479pqb.gif]
03-01-2011, 03:37 AM
Find
Xanatos Offline

Threads: 5

^That and it puts you off water for the entirety of the game. I'm afraid to bring my chalice up to my face anymore...

If fate frowns, we all perish.
Do not fear the darkness, but welcome its embrace.
03-01-2011, 11:36 AM
Find
Raymond Offline

Threads: 24

I vote Grunt because Grunt's face looks HORRIBLE Big Grin.

One World To Another [DEMO] coming soon.
03-01-2011, 12:21 PM
Find
CrushedRaiD Offline

Threads: 10

I actually chose the Grunt to be the scariest, but the only moment when it actually got me screaming was the part when he/she/it starts chasing you and u can hear him/her/it growling behind you.. Getting closer and closer Big Grin
03-01-2011, 03:54 PM
Find