Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
No more Jump scare maps....it is getting unoriginal.
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70
RE: No more Jump scare maps....it is getting unoriginal.

(04-07-2012, 04:15 PM)Ahiam94 Wrote: Ok, so the way you've replied signifies that you think I'm 5 years old, this is wrong. I'm just as much of an adult as you, and I never said that I enjoy the cheesy jump scare maps that were made badly. I was simply stating that it's annoying that people only use this forum for complaining, when it could be used for something more productive, like giving modders suggestions on how to make your custom story good. Why hasn't anyone made a thread on about giving people pointers on how to get rid of bad textures or things like that? That's all I was saying. I am just as annoyed with these cheesy little jump scare maps that have bad design as the rest of you are, the only difference is, that I don't just whine about it on the forums. If I knew how to make maps, I'd help other people make them better, instead of just crying about it.
http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-13265.html
http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-12665.html
http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-14445.html
http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-10798.html

Honestly speaking, I've seen much more threads trying to help people rather than just be pure complaining.

Also, I cannot see in anyway how Cranky's post was implying he thought you were five years old.

(This post was last modified: 04-07-2012, 04:21 PM by Kreekakon.)
04-07-2012, 04:21 PM
Find
Quizerno Offline

Threads: 1

(04-07-2012, 05:33 AM)Ahiam94 Wrote: Jump scares are here, and they are always going to be here, that's all there is to it. I don't mean to sound like a douche, (sorry if I do) but ever since coming to this thread, I've seen SO many threads that are just people complaining.
We are complaining because we think it's a problem, it's our opinion, disagree if you want. Conversely to your point, as long as the jump scares are present, we will complain about them or give constructive criticism. That's all there is to it.
04-07-2012, 05:09 PM
Find
Ahiam94 Offline

Threads: 2

I want to apologize if I upset anyone, I really didn't mean too. So for that I really do apologize, I don't like arguing so I like to avoid it. Although I haven't been here long, I really haven't seen very many posts that weren't people complaining, so it finally just got to me. But, as Kreekakon showed me, there are some threads that are about helping new modders. I'm sorry I jumped to conclusions, and again, I'm sorry if I upset anyone.

I want a Flugelhorn!
04-08-2012, 02:16 AM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20

(04-07-2012, 04:15 PM)Ahiam94 Wrote:
(04-07-2012, 05:54 AM)Cranky Old Man Wrote:
(04-07-2012, 05:33 AM)Ahiam94 Wrote: Why is it that 90% of the threads on this forum are just people complaining about stuff in mods they don't like? Please keep it to yourself, no one cares, that's why after you complain, nothing changes. Jump scares are here, and they are always going to be here, that's all there is to it. I don't mean to sound like a douche, (sorry if I do) but ever since coming to this thread, I've seen SO many threads that are just people complaining.
That because we have high standards, because we are adult people. We don't want to waste our time downloading and playing maps made by kids who can't map. I'm going to start reviewing the maps I play, so that other people don't have to bother downloading stories that are horrible.

Ok, so the way you've replied signifies that you think I'm 5 years old, this is wrong. I'm just as much of an adult as you, and I never said that I enjoy the cheesy jump scare maps that were made badly. I was simply stating that it's annoying that people only use this forum for complaining, when it could be used for something more productive, like giving modders suggestions on how to make your custom story good. Why hasn't anyone made a thread on about giving people pointers on how to get rid of bad textures or things like that? That's all I was saying. I am just as annoyed with these cheesy little jump scare maps that have bad design as the rest of you are, the only difference is, that I don't just whine about it on the forums. If I knew how to make maps, I'd help other people make them better, instead of just crying about it.
Although I have suspicions about the pony avatar, I didn't mean you. It was a general explanation. I really do try to channel my frustration into something helpful, but my basic emotional instincts when it comes to kids and immature people in general, involves shouting the F word at them for making me facepalm. It was just an explanation as to why people besides me complain. It's hard to get along sometimes due to emotional stuff.

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

04-08-2012, 06:02 AM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

(04-08-2012, 06:02 AM)Cranky Old Man Wrote: Although I have suspicions about the pony avatar, I didn't mean you.
You can probably guess what I'll say about this implication (Unless of course it's just a joke), but I don't really want to go there again after what went on in the last thread.
(This post was last modified: 04-08-2012, 09:19 AM by Kreekakon.)
04-08-2012, 09:09 AM
Find
sMasl33t Offline

Threads: 4

I also hate jumpscares, IF there's too many of 'em and if they're not even scary. Like "teleporting naked guys". I hate those, not in a good way..I HATE them. The type of scares that scares me the most are those small details. Like if I for example look at a painting for 20sec, and when I'm about to turn around I see the painting come to life. Or, if I'd look into a mirror and then see someone behind me in the mirror. Those things scares me to death, but those pathetic "jumpscares" sometimes are just too much, and makes me laugh instead.

[Image: 76561198049001305.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-08-2012, 12:56 PM by sMasl33t.)
04-08-2012, 12:56 PM
Find
chairmodeactivated Offline

Threads: 4

(02-02-2012, 01:43 AM)MrTerribleNightmares Wrote:
Title says it all. I am sick of jump scare maps, it is just not scary anymore. If anyone has a good map WITH NO JUMP SCARES please send it my way, i am bored and have nothing to do.
no its fun to se that PewDiePie get scared as hell if you dont like jump scare map then dont try nintendo hunted house lol
04-10-2012, 08:17 AM
Find
Tekkie Offline

Threads: 1

(04-10-2012, 08:17 AM)chairmodeactivated Wrote:
Title says it all. I am sick of jump scare maps, it is just not scary anymore. If anyone has a good map WITH NO JUMP SCARES please send it my way, i am bored and have nothing to do.
no its fun to se that PewDiePie get scared as hell if you dont like jump scare map then dont try nintendo hunted house lol

They might be amusing to watch sometimes, but when you're actually playing a custom map and all the maker can do is throw naked guys at you? Yeah... that's pathetic. Real pathetic.

My Youtube Channel: Check out my channel, it's fairly new, but at least the toilets work!

04-10-2012, 08:37 AM
Website Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20

(04-10-2012, 08:17 AM)chairmodeactivated Wrote:
PewDiePie doesn't play Amnesia, so any HPL2 maps that PewDiePie would enjoy, are not Amnesia maps. PewDiePie is single-handedly ruining the reputation of Amnesia with his stupidity.

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

04-10-2012, 08:38 AM
Find
Putmalk Offline

Threads: 13

Pewdie actually did play Amnesia, I tbh found that to be the best of his playthroughs. Tongue

04-10-2012, 05:31 PM
Find