Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Newsletter | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Request: Cultist enemy
R. Peters Offline

Request: Cultist enemy

Hey all.

I'm working on another custom story at the moment, and i'm wondering if any of you model creating wizards out there could tell me if it's possible or not to create an animated 'cultist' type enemy more or less from scratch? Something like a dark robed humanoid figure with a walking/running and attacking animation.

I figured something like this would really add a new element to custom stories, as currently every single enemy you can get (except the penumbra dog) is supernatural in some way.

I have no experience with creating models/animations at all, so sorry if this is a ridiculous thing to ask in some way Tongue

Author of: - A Morbid New Year (Also available as a full conversion).
04-13-2012 11:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Traggey Offline
Scientist of Art

RE: Request: Cultist enemy

It is absolutely possible, and an interesting idea. I can't promise anything but I might actually have to give this a shot.

04-13-2012 12:22 PM
R. Peters Offline

(04-13-2012 12:22 PM)Traggey Wrote:  It is absolutely possible, and an interesting idea. I can't promise anything but I might actually have to give this a shot.

I for one would love that. I'm sure many more would appreciate having this additional element too. Sadly i'm not set up for modelling and animations, I have never done it and have no idea of the software or 'lessons' involved in doing so. Still, if you're gonna give it a go that would be awesome, I was messing around with the model editor that came with Amnesia earlier and noticed that it was possible to give the male corpse some enemy attributes (in the end I managed to make a flying jesus that floats towards you, but it doesn't have any real animations or attacks). This might be a good starting point, perhaps Smile

04-13-2012 01:51 PM
trollox Offline

Sounds interesting. I agree it would defently make an impact on the element that amnesia brings.
If you descide to make this Traggey i wish you best of luck , i also now that you're great modeler so i have no doubt that it'd be epic if you did it. Anyhow if not , that's a shame because this idea defently brings somthing to the table. Oh well i don't really know what i'm talking about x)

Trollox.
04-13-2012 07:45 PM
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

If Traggey decides to do this, I can animate it if needed.

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

04-13-2012 08:35 PM
jessehmusic Offline

(04-13-2012 12:22 PM)Traggey Wrote:  It is absolutely possible, and an interesting idea. I can't promise anything but I might actually have to give this a shot.
woa i realy need to see the model later ! Smile

http://www.moddb.com/mods/jessehmusic - Hospital of horror , WIP
04-14-2012 02:24 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
R. Peters Offline

(04-13-2012 08:35 PM)Acies Wrote:  If Traggey decides to do this, I can animate it if needed.

By the looks of the other responder(s), i'm not the only one who thinks that a fully animated human-ish enemy would be awesome Smile I wish I knew more about modelling and making animations hehe.

04-14-2012 09:03 AM
Robosprog Offline
Posting Freak

Wow, that's actually a good idea - if the model is made and animated I'd probably try and use it.

04-15-2012 12:36 PM
kartanonperuna Offline
Posting Freak

I actually need a dark robed man for my story too.Except not moving one.

Voice actor

Painful shadows

04-15-2012 12:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
R. Peters Offline

(04-15-2012 12:36 PM)Robosprog Wrote:  Wow, that's actually a good idea - if the model is made and animated I'd probably try and use it.

Yeah I figured lots of people would like the idea Smile I'm currently making a custom story centred around a cult. I used Plutomaniac's imported penumbra dog, so I have a wild dog to put in outdoor environments and stuff as an enemy, but I need a humanoid, and having just 'zombies' essentially as enemies does sort of limit stories somewhat.

04-15-2012 12:41 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)