Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Are Amnesia players adults or teens?
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: Are Amnesia players adults or teens?

System is totally different here XD

[Image: luv.gif]
04-05-2013, 10:04 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

The "system" is virtually the same everywhere though, isn't it? Over here we have the standard European 12/16/18 ratings instead of T-13/M/AO, but the rules are pretty much identical in both rating systems I believe.
04-05-2013, 10:07 PM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Nah i'll quickly go through it.

Films and TV and such is like this

U - Universal (everyone can watch)
PG - Parental Guidance
12 - Only ages 12+
12A - Children can view with an adult
15 - 15+
18 - 18+

Games normally use the PEGI rating system, which is like 3+, 12+, 16+, 18+. Some games use the same rating as films though.

04-05-2013, 10:12 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

And is it expressly illegal to sell 16+/18+ games to minors?
04-05-2013, 10:28 PM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

(04-05-2013, 10:28 PM)Bridge Wrote: And is it expressly illegal to sell 16+/18+ games to minors?

Yes, sometimes the council will pay underage kids to go into shops to try and buy them. This is mainly for 18+ rather than 16+. Happens a lot with all items such as Cigs, Alcohol and films as well as games.

If they manage to purchase the item it shows they hadn't been ID'd and whatnot. Shops can get fined thousands sometimes, a friend of mine works in a small shop business and a guy sold alcohol to an under 18 and they got fined thousands, and the shop lost their licence to sell alcohol.

04-05-2013, 10:34 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

(04-05-2013, 10:34 PM)Wooderson Wrote:
(04-05-2013, 10:28 PM)Bridge Wrote: And is it expressly illegal to sell 16+/18+ games to minors?

Yes, sometimes the council will pay underage kids to go into shops to try and buy them. This is mainly for 18+ rather than 16+. Happens a lot with all items such as Cigs, Alcohol and films as well as games.

If they manage to purchase the item it shows they hadn't been ID'd and whatnot. Shops can get fined thousands sometimes, a friend of mine works in a small shop business and a guy sold alcohol to an under 18 and they got fined thousands, and the shop lost their licence to sell alcohol.

Well, alcohol and tobacco I can understand. Still, I know for a fact, at least I think I do, that it is only illegal to sell AO games to minors in the States (most states, anyway). Same as with the movie rating systems, they are just guidelines that many establishments follow to the letter without needing to do so.

Since there is no real evidence that video games or films do any actual harm, and you can make an excellent case for censorship of any kind doing more harm than good, I am completely against rating systems like that.

EDIT: It seems that you need permission to buy M rated games, probably the same with R rated movies as well.
(This post was last modified: 04-05-2013, 10:44 PM by Bridge.)
04-05-2013, 10:41 PM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

(04-05-2013, 10:41 PM)Bridge Wrote:

Well, alcohol and tobacco I can understand. Still, I know for a fact, at least I think I do, that it is only illegal to sell AO games to minors in the States (most states, anyway). Same as with the movie rating systems, they are just guidelines that many establishments follow to the letter without needing to do so.

Since there is no real evidence that video games or films do any actual harm, and you can make an excellent case for censorship of any kind doing more harm than good, I am completely against rating systems like that.

EDIT: It seems that you need permission to buy M rated games, probably the same with R rated movies as well.

I remember when I was little, I wanted to buy a game that had the PEGI 16+ M rating. I took it to the till and she told me I had to be 16+...

As for films, and going to the cinema etc. I am 17 and if I was to go with my parents to try and see an 18 then I'd get ID'd still. Having their permission wouldn't make a difference.

Same goes for if a 13/14 year old tries to see a 15 with parents.

04-05-2013, 11:34 PM
Find
Tiger Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(04-05-2013, 11:34 PM)Wooderson Wrote:
(04-05-2013, 10:41 PM)Bridge Wrote:

I remember when I was little, I wanted to buy a game that had the PEGI 16+ M rating. I took it to the till and she told me I had to be 16+...

As for films, and going to the cinema etc. I am 17 and if I was to go with my parents to try and see an 18 then I'd get ID'd still. Having their permission wouldn't make a difference.

Same goes for if a 13/14 year old tries to see a 15 with parents.

Yeah, happened to me when I was going to see the dark knight rises.
04-05-2013, 11:43 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

AGE IS ELEVEN

IS ALLOWED TO WATCH A 17+ MOVIE (as long as I'm with mah parents.)

HECK YEAH

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
04-06-2013, 06:43 AM
Find
Sarcophagus Offline

Threads: 8

Most of the kids who play Amnesia are like : "Yea so I played a few minutes then I was scared to death and I deleted the game and after that I went to youtube and wrote a comment on an Amnesia video about how scared I was"

Species come and go, but the Earth stands forever fast.
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2013, 07:18 AM by Sarcophagus.)
04-06-2013, 07:09 AM
Website Find