Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Are Amnesia players adults or teens?
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75
RE: Are Amnesia players adults or teens?

(04-06-2013, 07:09 AM)Sarcophagus Wrote: Most of the kids who play Amnesia are like : "Yea so I played a few minutes then I was scared to death and I deleted the game and after I went to youtube and wrote a comment on a Amnesia video about how scared I was"

after that*
an*

Anyway, i don't do that. I play then i have a nightmare. Absolutely didn't say anything. Except for reviews.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
04-06-2013, 07:11 AM
Find
Sarcophagus Offline

Threads: 8

(04-06-2013, 07:11 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote:
(04-06-2013, 07:09 AM)Sarcophagus Wrote: Most of the kids who play Amnesia are like : "Yea so I played a few minutes then I was scared to death and I deleted the game and after I went to youtube and wrote a comment on a Amnesia video about how scared I was"

after that*
an*

Anyway, i don't do that. I play then i have a nightmare. Absolutely didn't say anything. Except for reviews.

Dude, who said that I was talking about you?

And how can a game give you nightmares? I mean.. Am I really the only one who never had problems with any horror movie or game?

Species come and go, but the Earth stands forever fast.
04-06-2013, 07:21 AM
Website Find
Deep One Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 9

(04-06-2013, 07:21 AM)Sarcophagus Wrote:
(04-06-2013, 07:11 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote:

after that*
an*

Dude, who said that I was talking about you?

And how can a game give you nightmares? I mean.. Am I really the only one who never had problems with any horror movie or game?

Some people are more sensitive than others.
04-06-2013, 08:48 AM
Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

robo y u always get so buttmad whenever anyone says anything negative about younger folk.

I rate it 3 memes.
04-06-2013, 12:04 PM
Find
Sarcophagus Offline

(04-06-2013, 11:59 AM)Robosprog Wrote:
(04-06-2013, 07:09 AM)Sarcophagus Wrote: Most of the kids who play Amnesia are like : "Yea so I played a few minutes then I was scared to death and I deleted the game and after that I went to youtube and wrote a comment on an Amnesia video about how scared I was"

Or you're making bullshit up and generalizing, where is the evidence for this statement?

The evidence is on the Amnesia videos (if you want to dig the comments) and you know it's true so don't bullshit with me.
And what I said it was just an example, I don't think that anybody wrote the exact same thing : "Yea so I played a few minutes then I was scared to death and I deleted the game and after that I went to youtube and wrote a comment on an Amnesia video about how scared I was"

(04-06-2013, 12:04 PM)Adny Wrote: robo y u always get so buttmad whenever anyone says anything negative about younger folk.

Because he is bruce-fucking-lee lol

(This post was last modified: 04-06-2013, 12:15 PM by Sarcophagus.)
04-06-2013, 12:06 PM
Website Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(04-06-2013, 07:21 AM)Sarcophagus Wrote: Dude, who said that I was talking about you?

It's possible you don't want to be scared and therefore don't let yourself. If you think that makes you cool, then you should know that almost everyone here agrees that not being scared is a missed opportunity, as well as usually being the player's fault. Unless waking up in a strange castle with no memory of who you are and having to evade monsters is a normal thing for you, I don't see how you can not be scared - because it is scary.
04-06-2013, 04:19 PM
Find
Sarcophagus Offline

(04-06-2013, 04:19 PM)Bridge Wrote:
(04-06-2013, 07:21 AM)Sarcophagus Wrote: Dude, who said that I was talking about you?

It's possible you don't want to be scared and therefore don't let yourself. If you think that makes you cool, then you should know that almost everyone here agrees that not being scared is a missed opportunity, as well as usually being the player's fault. Unless waking up in a strange castle with no memory of who you are and having to evade monsters is a normal thing for you, I don't see how you can not be scared - because it is scary.

I was not talking about being scared, I was talking about nightmares man

Of course I got scared at some certain points in the game lol, who doesn't

04-06-2013, 05:48 PM
Website Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60

I'm 22. Not scared by horror movies. I was scared playing Amnesia (that's why I enjoyed it). I made a rule for myself to only play it late at night, dark outside, dark in my room, headsets with loud volume, no skype interfering etc. The fact that "horror-games" could invoke a reaction from me was something I chased.

I believe younger people will be more scared by it, but I also believe individuals differ, so age isn't everything but I definately think it has some influence.

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

04-06-2013, 06:08 PM
Find
Sarcophagus Offline

(04-06-2013, 06:08 PM)Acies Wrote: I'm 22. Not scared by horror movies. I was scared playing Amnesia (that's why I enjoyed it). I made a rule for myself to only play it late at night, dark outside, dark in my room, headsets with loud volume, no skype interfering etc. The fact that "horror-games" could invoke a reaction from me was something I chased.

I believe younger people will be more scared by it, but I also believe individuals differ, so age isn't everything but I definately think it has some influence.

I am 17 and a "hardcore" horror fan since I was 10 lol
My first horror movie was Evil Dead

04-06-2013, 06:57 PM
Website Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

im 3 and amnesia is scary

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
04-06-2013, 06:59 PM
Find