Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Are Amnesia players adults or teens?
GiggleBlizzard Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Are Amnesia players adults or teens?

(04-07-2013, 02:51 PM)Bridge Wrote:
  • A minority in this case is a group of people whose views differ from the majority.
  • Being vocal means to voice said views in a conspicuous way.
  • Put the two together and you have a …

VOCAL MINORITY
(This post was last modified: 04-07-2013, 03:05 PM by GiggleBlizzard.)
04-07-2013, 03:04 PM
Find
Sarcophagus Offline

Threads: 8

(04-07-2013, 03:04 PM)GiggleBlizzard Wrote:
(04-07-2013, 02:51 PM)Bridge Wrote:
  • A minority in this case is a group of people whose views differ from the majority.
  • Being vocal means to voice said views in a conspicuous way.
  • Put the two together and you have a …

VOCAL MINORITY

[Image: tumblr_mkcr90Xn9l1r2afqho1_1280.jpg]

Species come and go, but the Earth stands forever fast.
04-07-2013, 05:09 PM
Website Find
GiggleBlizzard Offline

Threads: 2

Dear god save us all from the satan-worshipping, gay-loving, church-absent minorities!
04-07-2013, 05:26 PM
Find
Cinematic Offline

Threads: 0

undefined
04-09-2013, 04:52 AM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(04-07-2013, 05:26 PM)GiggleBlizzard Wrote: Dear god save us all from the satan-worshipping, gay-loving, church-absent minorities!

I am literally all of those things.
04-09-2013, 05:02 AM
Find
Tommyboypsp Offline

Threads: 10

(04-09-2013, 04:52 AM)Cinematic Wrote: undefined

[Image: Cool-Dog-Hey-Cool-story-bro41.jpg]

Funderbunk Wrote:Playing Amnesia through to the end has increased the size of my genitalia exponentially and made me into a real man.
(This post was last modified: 04-09-2013, 09:15 AM by Tommyboypsp.)
04-09-2013, 09:15 AM
Find
Josh The Biker Offline

Threads: 9

I'm scared of realistic gore.
I'm scared of jumpscares.
qq

[Image: Pearl_Normal_1.gif]
04-13-2013, 09:08 PM
Find
CrachatSanieux Offline

#Then what is? Amnesia is the scariest game ever made. It could only be beaten by it's sequel, A Machine For Pigs.#

You're right. Amnesia is not as scaring as what people says, but I can't quote any game who exceed him in this domain. I don't know any game who is really terrifying, in fact.

#Please state the facts, not the opinions.
And to be honest, Amnesia is predictable as to when a monster will show up.
"oh cool i picked up an item OMG A MONSTER"
"ok when i pick this up will there be a monster? yep there is a monster"
"oh cool i solved a puzzle OMG A MONSTER"
"yeah when i solve this puzzle a monster probably gonna pop up"
"ok the monster hasn't shown up yet but he probably will when i leave this room"#

Fear work with many ingredients that we can analyze, but she's still subjective, so our opinions are as important as the facts. I think you're right about the apparition's predictability, except a few circumstance when the Beast is tracking us randomly (the Choir, for example).

Sorry if my english is bad, I'm French. Google's trad' saves me.
04-24-2013, 12:59 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(04-24-2013, 12:59 PM)CrachatSanieux Wrote: #Then what is? Amnesia is the scariest game ever made. It could only be beaten by it's sequel, A Machine For Pigs.#

You're right. Amnesia is not as scaring as what people says, but I can't quote any game who exceed him in this domain. I don't know any game who is really terrifying, in fact.

#Please state the facts, not the opinions.
"ok the monster hasn't shown up yet but he probably will when i leave this room"#

Fear work with many ingredients that we can analyze, but she's still subjective, so our opinions are as important as the facts. I think you're right about the apparition's predictability, except a few circumstance when the Beast is tracking us randomly (the Choir, for example).

*points to the "Reply" button
Dude, there's a reply button on the bottom right on everyone's post.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
04-24-2013, 01:03 PM
Find
CrachatSanieux Offline

'Nderstood.

(03-31-2013, 03:19 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote:
(03-31-2013, 03:18 PM)CrachatSanieux Wrote: I'm 16, and there are a few moments when I was affraid (the catacomb of Brennenburg are almost the only level who maked me scared, but I've not finished the game yet). I really love the game's ambience and the story just fascinate me, but I don't found that Amnesia TDD is the most scaring game ever created.

Then what is? Amnesia is the scariest game ever made. It could only be beaten by it's sequel, A Machine For Pigs.

(03-31-2013, 10:44 PM)Kman Wrote: Um, yeah, of course you can immerse yourself in a 2D game. You can immerse yourself in any game, hell you could immerse yourself in a movie or a book or really any other form of media that tells a story, the only difference is games are debatebly the most immersive form. All it means is disregarding the fact that it's a game and letting yourself "become" the character so to speak, and if almost anything has a good enough story and it tells it well then it can be immersive. And yeah I hate to break it to you but running around throwing rocks at the monsters kind of ruins any chance of you getting the right experience, because in a situation where you have some massive deformed monster with a split open face and blade for an arm I can guarantee you your first reaction isn't going to be "oh hey let's throw a rock at it".

'Nderstood. Edit, quote ... Jv.com don't habituated me to this. I don't unterstand why I can't delete my posts. Anyways.

(03-31-2013, 03:18 PM)CrachatSanieux Wrote: I'm 16, and there are a few moments when I was affraid (the catacomb of Brennenburg are almost the only level who maked me scared, but I've not finished the game yet). I really love the game's ambience and the story just fascinate me, but I don't found that Amnesia TDD is the most scaring game ever created.

Then what is? Amnesia is the scariest game ever made. It could only be beaten by it's sequel, A Machine For Pigs.

(03-31-2013, 07:34 PM)Josh The Biker Wrote:
(03-31-2013, 02:10 PM)GiggleBlizzard Wrote: I don't see how you can enjoy any game if you don't immerse yourself.

Implying you can immerse yourself in 2D games.

Please state the facts, not the opinions.

"ok the monster hasn't shown up yet but he probably will when i leave this room"

I can't delete my posts for an unkown reason. Please do this for me if you can, I leave.
(This post was last modified: 04-24-2013, 01:18 PM by CrachatSanieux.)
04-24-2013, 01:07 PM
Find