Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 21 Vote(s) - 3.38 Average
"Wake" - Complete :)
doh Offline

Threads: 0
RE: "Wake" - a Very High Quality Story

I'm curious about it. Smile
09-23-2010, 04:49 PM
Find
Gunslingerjh Offline

Threads: 48

This looks very good! Keeping my eyes on this mod!

09-23-2010, 09:17 PM
Find
Al3xand3r Offline

Threads: 1

There's no reason to start off by putting other creators down just because they may focus on an escape scenario or other simpler premises, focusing on making levels instead of a story, or even doing that while they learn the editor and stuff. It's all someone's time spent on things others may enjoy for free anyway, and what matters if how effectively it achieves their goals, not how complex those goals are. You may also wanna leave the "high quality" qualifications for users that play it, not yourself. And of course you have the potential to match Frictional's aesthetics, you're using most of their assets, duh. Good luck anyway, to you and to every other creator.
09-24-2010, 02:34 PM
Find
Datashocker Offline

Threads: 0

Christ, no need to bite the guy's head off. From what I saw in the screenshots, he deserves to say this is high quality, especially compared to most of the stuff out already.

The girlish scream that Daniel puts forth as he sees a disturbing event is enough to make my day.
09-24-2010, 04:30 PM
Find
Akong Offline

Threads: 1

(09-24-2010, 04:30 PM)Datashocker Wrote: Christ, no need to bite the guy's head off. From what I saw in the screenshots, he deserves to say this is high quality, especially compared to most of the stuff out already.
And I happen to disagree. See where that leaves us?
09-24-2010, 04:50 PM
Find
DamnNoHtml Offline

Threads: 34

Calm down people, I'm not trying to be pretentious at all. I'm not putting down anyone elses work either, I am just saying I am putting a lot of effort into this and I hope it turns out very high quality.

Sheesh.

Creator of Wake, Through the Portal, Insomnia, and Cycles What to do with HPL3....
09-24-2010, 05:28 PM
Find
gosseyn Offline

Threads: 7

of course you are being pretentious, and you know it, and we know it all.
09-24-2010, 06:33 PM
Find
Bulbatron Offline

Threads: 7

Screenshots look good. Finished Amnesia now of course, so I'm up fornplaying any levels that others create.

Just one request. When it's done and you're ready for other users to download it, can you pack it into a zip so that I'll be able to play it on the Mac?

Wow - what a mansion!
09-24-2010, 07:52 PM
Find
DamnNoHtml Offline

Threads: 34

(09-24-2010, 06:33 PM)gosseyn Wrote: of course you are being pretentious, and you know it, and we know it all.

Making a promise of quality isn't called pretentiousness. It's called hyping up a project.

You can accuse me of cutting down other peoples work when all I said is the storyline of most projects so far are simply Amnesia clones. That isn't cutting down, I'm just saying exactly what the truth is.

So much hostility on these forums...

Added a small video of an encounter.

Creator of Wake, Through the Portal, Insomnia, and Cycles What to do with HPL3....
09-24-2010, 10:34 PM
Find
Pandemoneus Offline

Threads: 2

DamnNoHtml Wrote:I am also going for a level of aesthetics that will hopefully rival Frictional themselves.

After watching your video I gotta say: Are you serious? You got so many clipping errors and you can see through walls. Look at 0:17 (wall to the right), 0:18 (wall to the left), 0:19-0:23 (long black line at wall), 0:27+ (awful ground texture tiling), 0:33 (shelfs and books to the right just copy & pasted), 0:55 railing not connected to stairs, ground tiles again).

I hope you were really being sarcastic when you talked about high quality. Might be different than other stories regarding some elements yes, but aesthetics?

09-25-2010, 12:01 AM
Find