Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Amnesia: Chromanin [FULL RELEASE]
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: Amnesia: Chromanin

http://www.prntscr.com
I like this thing.

09-24-2014, 07:06 AM
Find
Darkfire Offline

Threads: 22

(09-24-2014, 07:06 AM)Mudbill Wrote: http://www.prntscr.com
I like this thing.

The link is giving an error Wink

Today I've finished another level. I'm gonna post some REAL screens tomorrow afternoon.

09-24-2014, 06:01 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

I like that thing, but their homepage server seems crappy cause that happens often. The app can still be used though.

Edit: Oh, I found out. Apparently http://prntscr.com works but not http://www.prntscr.com. I guess the protocol is just.. dead.

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2014, 04:22 PM by Mudbill.)
09-24-2014, 08:44 PM
Find
Darkfire Offline

UPDATE 1.8.76
I've made some better screens, sorry for not uploading before ;(

I've done a complete so-far-walkthrough of the CS: It lasted about 50 mins(with knowing all the puzzles!), and it's about 2/3's of the whole. Anyway, I plan on making 3/4 (depends) maps, but 2 of them will be passages only, so I'm not sure bout them yet. Maybe in Beta version.
Also, I found a handful of bugs and mistakes to correct in next few days.

Anyway, I'm proud with what I have come up with: The story is REALLY complex, I got spooked out myself in some levels, jumpscares are really original (unfortunately, they are quite rare) and most of levels are actually interesting and unique. Well, that's my opinion, you shall see it yourself soon :)

I wanted to ask you guys: Should I do a pre-release on this forum only (without ModDb) for you to beta-test it ?

Spoiler below!

Shit! I got a bug on imgur, therefore I can upload only a few of all my screenshots ;(
Hopefully I'll upload the rest tomorrow or day after that.

(in this lvl only one lantern is normally lit, but I forgot about that when making screens and did it after lightning 'em up)

[Image: 4rt3Dru.jpg]

[Image: 82fKnmz.jpg]

[Image: TlhMCRj.jpg]

PS. DAMN, WHAT IS IT WITH THE PICTURES. I upload 4 and forum tells me it's 5 and asks me to delete one of them >:(

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2014, 06:05 PM by Darkfire.)
09-27-2014, 06:04 PM
Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

emoticons count as pictures, just click 'disable smiley faces' or w/e its called

[Image: signature-2.png]
09-27-2014, 06:37 PM
Find
Darkfire Offline

Hey ! I've been having problems with internet for more than a week now, so no post were made ;(

Anyway, here are some more screens.

[Image: 4SrDxYA.jpg]

[Image: 4jElqAs.jpg]

[Image: NLISSmU.jpg]

[Image: uG4Ka6e.jpg]

10-14-2014, 12:37 PM
Find
Darkfire Offline

Oh, here are some screens from my recent work. It's a "woods-to-city" map, and I really like how it came out :D
Oh, and that means... Version Alpha 1.9.78
Spoiler below!

[Image: l9xQxhc.jpg]

[Image: T7cJj44.jpg]

[Image: waDSqSm.jpg]

Additionaly, here is a writing from the game. Just as a preview :)
Spoiler below!

Kainam's Journal (2/?)

20th of December 1835

I've just realised that the strange black haired man, who moved into the mansion on the hills in November, has visited library every day for a week now. He keeps looking for something, and it doesn't look as he wants anyone's help.
Regardless, I'll talk to him the next time he comes to the Academy.

7th of December 1835

I talked to the man. His name is Aiden. He seemed very calm, and you could see the persistence in his green eyes.
I asked him if he had wanted some help, and in reply he asked if there are any parts of the library restricted from ordinary visitors.
I told him about two Departments that aren't public. Then Aiden wanted to know if there's a way to get access to that place - I told him
that the only way is to have a research confirmed by the Academy in writing. He looked a little... upset.

After that conversation he started checking closed doors. I don't know what is he up to, but I will try to secretly observe his doings.

10-14-2014, 02:20 PM
Find
Darkfire Offline

RE: Amnesia: Chromanin //IMPORTANT QUESTION//

Here's a logo I came up with. Font by @Mucrush
Spoiler below!

[Image: Fi1S0eC.png]

IMPORTANT QUESTION

Can I get into trouble by putting copyrighted music into my CS ?

10-24-2014, 08:43 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

(10-24-2014, 08:43 PM)Darkfire Wrote: Can I get into trouble by putting copyrighted music into my CS ?

Short answer: yes.

Long answer:
Spoiler below!

It depends on a lot of things - source, laws, content and duration to name a few. Here's a few guidelines.

Source - Quite simply, if the music or sounds you are using come from another media source, such as a movie, music artist, music composer, video game or company use, then it is illegal unless used with permission or by abiding by any/all copyrights or trademarks which are set out. Most soundtracks or music which are created for the purpose of using, if you search for it online, are likely to fall under an "if used, credit" promotion, or would follow a License under the Creative Commons. In the case of an "if used, credit", you may use the music, however you need to give or provide credits to the user who created it in a meaningful place of use (readme's, game credits, opening credits, etc). If under Creative Commons, you require to abide by the license they have placed on their product(s), which the link above will help you with. Scrolling down the page somewhat will give you a list of their licenses and what you are required of as a user in reflection of the creator's work.

Laws - There are various laws in country's which have different ways of addressing copyright infringement, however most of them are the same with different writing.

Content - While music is considered illegal to use - generally the sounds within it could be copyrighted, however is often unnecessary as the whole track itself is usually protected. It highly depends on whether a company outsourced multiple tracks or loops to reproduce or create music, which will in turn become their intellectual property.

Duration - Using snippets of a track to the point where the song is unrecognisable is arguably okay, however becomes like garbage. Imagine listening to the subtle first three seconds of the X Files Theme (but I would recognise this) over and over.

You also cannot use paid music and redistribute it in a commercial product (something a consumer must pay for) unless you have permissions by the author.

In the pure basics however, just do not steal something and claim it is yours. That is unethical in many factors, illegal in some countries.

There are a lot of factors, just make sure that whatever you use, you're following copyrights. If you need help recognising the use of something, feel free to PM myself and I'll take a look for you, if the copyright on something seems unclear.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
10-24-2014, 10:52 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

I would also strongly advice not using it. If anyone were to play your custom story and upload their Let's Play to Youtube, they'd get in trouble for using it. You wouldn't want them to cut out that part of their Let's Play because of this, or getting copyright strikes for not doing it.

10-25-2014, 01:54 AM
Find