Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Amnesia: Chromanin [FULL RELEASE]
Darkfire Offline

Threads: 22
Amnesia: Chromanin [FULL RELEASE]

DOWNLOAD

Release version: Beta 2.14.134.10 *
Estimated gameplay time: 2-3 hours.

Spoiler below!
Alpha means that you can't reach the ending yet. When the CS is fully playable it will come into Beta stage, where only finishing touches will be added.
First number says what overall version it is.
Second is the number of maps (varying from really small to huge ones, but most are middle sized).
The third is the number of "sessions" spent working on alpha version (such session usually takes 1-3h).
The fourth number is the number of "sessions" spent working on beta version.

Story
Spoiler below!

You wake up* in some apartment, you of course don't know who you are* and how you got here. You find a note from some mysterious person, telling you to find pieces of and orb* in order to recall who you are. But a few steps further, there's a note from another person, saying that the other one lies...

Throughout the story you'll see who those people are, what they did and why are you involved in this. Also, what the Chromanin actually is...

*UPDATE When I started making this, I thought it will be just a test, but I developed a pretty complex and long story...which started by replicating the Dark Descent. Hence some cliches. Unfortunately, no going back now.

Atmosphere
Spoiler below!

Each level has a distinctive design/theme. You'll visit abandoned mansions, dungeons, Academy, cold, moon-lit outside world and even other dimensions...

Screenshots
(Read the thread onwards to find more)
Spoiler below!

*UPDATE These screenshots come from 2 first levels and were made in a very early version of CS, so I'd suggest digging for some newer ones.

.jpg   Amnesia 2014-04-11 15-01-15-01.jpg (Size: 116.19 KB / Downloads: 617)

.jpg   Amnesia 2014-04-11 15-03-44-21.jpg (Size: 121.55 KB / Downloads: 486)

.jpg   Amnesia 2014-04-11 15-03-55-21.jpg (Size: 141.43 KB / Downloads: 460)

.jpg   Amnesia 2014-04-11 15-04-28-86.jpg (Size: 154.88 KB / Downloads: 490)

Other features
Spoiler below!

• Additional music and ambiance
  • Some new entities
  • 2 different endings*
  • Easter eggs, hopefully subtle ones
  • Collectibles
  • Behind the scenes/easter egg level, available after finishing the story*

*UPDATE: Due to writing problems and progress dragging, number of endings has been reduced to minimum. The bonus level might be diminished due to same reasons.

Trailer
Spoiler below!

PS. Can I get some help with posting screens ? I could post only 4 with the attachments, and it's not even what I expected to come out. Can't figure out a differentt way though.

PPS. Fun fact: the CS started with me making my real-life room in the Editor. It's the first level.
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2016, 03:01 PM by Darkfire.)
09-19-2014, 09:35 PM
Find
DarkPearStudios Offline

Threads: 5
RE: Amnesia: Chromanin

(09-19-2014, 09:35 PM)Darkfire Wrote: Hey! I wanted to share my so-far work. I can see people posting such threads, so I thought, why not...

Current version: Alpha 1.8.71 *

*This will be updated from time to time. Alpha means that you can't reach the ending yet. When the CS is fully playable it will come into Beta stage. First number says what overall version it is: second the number of maps (varying from really small to huge ones, but most are middle sized) and the third is the number of "sessions" spent working on it (such session usually takes 1-3h).

Story
Spoiler below!
When I started making this, I thought it will be just a test, but I developed a pretty complex and long story... started by replicating the Dark Descent. Unfortunately, no going back now... Anyway:

You wake up (duh) in some apartment, you of course don't know who you are and how you got here. You find a note from some mysterious person, telling you to find pieces of and orb in order to recall who you are. But a few steps further, there's a note from another person, saying that the other one lies...

Throughout the story you'll see who those people are, what they did and why are you involved in this. Also: what the Chromanin actually is.

Atmosphere
Spoiler below!

About the half of CS is styled as prison in the original Amnesia: The other half is styled in a cold, moon-lit night in the Northern Europe aesthetic. Each level has a distinctive (I hope Big Grin ) design/ theme, so I believe they won't be too much alike (I hate when in CS people use ONLY mansionbase :S ).

Fun fact: the CS started with me making my real-life room in the Editor. It's the first level.

Screenshots
(I'll post some more from time to time)
Spoiler below!

Other features
Spoiler below!

• Some new entities
  • At least 3 different endings
  • 'Behind the scenes'/easter egg level, available after finishing the story

PS. Can I get some help with posting screens ? I could post only 4 with the attachments, and it's not even what I expected to come out. Can't figure out a differentt way though.

This looks very good! You said that you need help to post screenshots. Don't put screenshots for the people download. Instead, just upload the image in some website, like imgur, and put the image link, it should looks like this:"[img]IMAGELINK[/img]" without quotes. In some time, take a look in my mod: Amnesia Lambur's Machine. Good Luck!
09-20-2014, 05:31 PM
Find
Tychaos Offline

Threads: 5

(09-19-2014, 09:35 PM)Darkfire Wrote: Hey! I wanted to share my so-far work. I can see people posting such threads, so I thought, why not...

Current version: Alpha 1.8.71 *

*This will be updated from time to time. Alpha means that you can't reach the ending yet. When the CS is fully playable it will come into Beta stage. First number says what overall version it is: second the number of maps (varying from really small to huge ones, but most are middle sized) and the third is the number of "sessions" spent working on it (such session usually takes 1-3h).

Story
Spoiler below!
When I started making this, I thought it will be just a test, but I developed a pretty complex and long story... started by replicating the Dark Descent. Unfortunately, no going back now... Anyway:

You wake up (duh) in some apartment, you of course don't know who you are and how you got here. You find a note from some mysterious person, telling you to find pieces of and orb in order to recall who you are. But a few steps further, there's a note from another person, saying that the other one lies...

Throughout the story you'll see who those people are, what they did and why are you involved in this. Also: what the Chromanin actually is.

Atmosphere
Spoiler below!

About the half of CS is styled as prison in the original Amnesia: The other half is styled in a cold, moon-lit night in the Northern Europe aesthetic. Each level has a distinctive (I hope Big Grin ) design/ theme, so I believe they won't be too much alike (I hate when in CS people use ONLY mansionbase :S ).

Fun fact: the CS started with me making my real-life room in the Editor. It's the first level.

Screenshots
(I'll post some more from time to time)
Spoiler below!

Other features
Spoiler below!

• Some new entities
  • At least 3 different endings
  • 'Behind the scenes'/easter egg level, available after finishing the story

If that is your room it does not look like the nicest place to visit, not often I hear of somebody who lives in a creepy old mansion lol!

It is looking pretty good though but it could use a few more things here and there maybe work on the lighting a little especially in the first picture. It is a very common thing for custom stories to start you off in a room with no idea how you got there, many people do not like this but I suppose it could work.

But good luck to you with it, it is looking good for a start!

Check out my WIP custom story Dark Tower!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/dark-tower
(This post was last modified: 09-22-2014, 09:43 PM by Tychaos.)
09-22-2014, 09:32 PM
Find
Darkfire Offline

(09-22-2014, 09:32 PM)Tychaos Wrote: If that is your room it does not look like the nicest place to visit, not often I hear of somebody who lives in a creepy old mansion lol.

It is looking pretty good though but it could use a few more things here and there maybe work on the lighting a little especially in the first picture. It is a very common thing for custom stories to start you of in a room with no idea how you got there, many people do not like this but I suppose it could work.

But good luck to you with it, it is looking good for a start!
Thanks ! When I started the first level I didn't know how to use point lights Tongue
Other levels have much nicer lightning. But that actually doesn't mean too much since I will be re-touching all the levels(especially first ones) when the story is finished.

PS. My room is actually really cosy Big Grin

09-22-2014, 09:37 PM
Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

hey m8, if you want some tips to get down to the nitty-gritty of advanced lighting in HPL2, feel free to read up on my shamelessly self promoted tutorial on lighting. Real sexy lighting in HPL2 makes use of a combination of pointlights, spotlights, and billboards. Look at it this way while you design: don't make things work perfectly functionally (placing pointlights directly within a light source), instead scatter low-light, high-radius pointlights around in order to fool the player into thinking it looks good. Here's an example of what I mean-

[Image: 76YCGnV.jpg]

Those three lights may seem like overkill, but it simulates what would actually happen with a lamp like that in a large, otherwise dark room. It casts long shadows, and gradually fades out (The pointlight on the far right has a very low brightness and a radius of 8).

Now compare that to what it looks like with the lights removed and just using the entity light-
[Image: JFT9cFH.jpg]
That billboard is also one I placed, I just forgot to delete it for this picture. But you can see you always need to add your own lighting to supplement the lamp entities frictional supplies us- just remember, light never cuts off abruptly like it does with the entity lights, it always fades out gradually over a large distance!

Hope this helped and I wasn't just rambling like an old bastard Smile

[Image: signature-2.png]
09-23-2014, 01:05 AM
Find
Darkfire Offline

(09-23-2014, 01:05 AM)Streetboat Wrote: Real sexy lighting in HPL2 makes use of a combination of pointlights, spotlights, and billboards.

Hope this helped and I wasn't just rambling like an old bastard Smile

I actually do simillar things, as I said this was my first map, so it pretty much sucks. Thanks for that trick though !

Here are some more screenshots, sorry they're in the leveleditor, I couldn't start up my Fraps for some reason ;\
Spoiler below!

The shadow normally will move.

[Image: yI8khec.png]
[Image: oO9LxHz.png]

My biggest map so far:

[Image: XZmLCVV.png]

Some more screens:
Spoiler below!

[Image: fk3GOv8.png]
[Image: eR8uFeV.png]
[Image: uQBKBSI.png]
[Image: j0LgbcU.png]

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2014, 05:03 PM by Darkfire.)
09-23-2014, 05:01 PM
Find
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

Ahh level editor screens! (Here, get this http://puush.me/ and just run the game in windowed. use Control+Shift+2)

Waiting for regular screens will be better then giving us level editor screens.

Try to use screenshots to give us insight into the mapping quality, for example you just gave us floor plans into that WHOLE LEVEL (practically).

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2014, 05:36 PM by 7heDubz.)
09-23-2014, 05:34 PM
Find
Darkfire Offline

(09-23-2014, 05:34 PM)7heDubz Wrote: Ahh level editor screens! (Here, get this http://puush.me/ and just run the game in windowed. use Control+Shift+2)

Waiting for regular screens will be better then giving us level editor screens.

Try to use screenshots to give us insight into the mapping quality, for example you just gave us floor plans into that WHOLE LEVEL (practically).

I think I prefer Fraps, since I can make full screen screens with it (better quality). But if I can't get it up again you can be sure I'll use this one Tongue

About editor screens: I actually rushed with that, I kinda wanted to show that I'm not so lame with lightning ;S

PS. I don't think I have to delete that one, the player is given a map neverthless Wink
And its impossible to copy anything from that map(why would anyone even want to ?), because of spotlights being every-friggin-where

09-23-2014, 06:10 PM
Find
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

I too prefer fraps since I can go fullscreen, Puush would just be a temporary kind of way to get them out if you REALLY REALLY have to.

And I meant you gave the player of the CS floor plans.

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2014, 06:12 PM by 7heDubz.)
09-23-2014, 06:11 PM
Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

what resolution do you normally play at?

what I do is play in windowed mode, drag the window around so the side and bottom disappear off the edge of the screen and only the top window bar remains, then i press printscreen and paste it into irfanview and crop out the top part.

[Image: signature-2.png]
09-23-2014, 10:41 PM
Find