Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Amnesia: Chromanin [FULL RELEASE]
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145
RE: Amnesia: Chromanin

(03-13-2015, 10:03 AM)Mudbill Wrote: I find scripting to be the more interesting side. Perhaps it's just my "OCD" yet lack of patience that gets me when I try to make levels. Of course scripting takes a lot of patience too though...
I just like scripting in general. Making sweet effects is always satisfying.

I'm with this guy. I'm more in for the final result of mapping

But Carni, you're also very creative minded!

Trying is the first step to success.
(This post was last modified: 03-18-2015, 02:07 PM by FlawlessHappiness.)
03-18-2015, 02:06 PM
Find
Catalyst Offline

Threads: 32

Great project

Egypt CS
[Image: 27003.png]
03-28-2015, 10:30 PM
Find
Darkfire Offline

Threads: 22

Hello. Current version: Alpha 1.11.99

I didn't find it a big enough topic to make another thread. How do I make a spotlight kind of... pulsate ? I want to imitate campfire light.

UPDATE: I'm currently working on a big map I told you before. It's a map called Academy. I wanted to give it a try at making "creepy school" map. Which means another mansionbase map
D: oh nooo....
It's kind of funny how beginner mappers (which I still kind of am) prefer that model base. I think it's our brains subconciously choosing the least disturbing and scary one, even tough we know that is not the point.

Gonna post some screenshots when the lightning is done. I chose a different method of working this time. Usually I would make complete rooms one after one. This time I made the whole thing step by step- first it was the static objects (walls, stairs n stuff) then some basic furniture and details. Upcoming steps are lightning and scripting.

PS. I just found out an awesome trick that adds a cool feel to the darkness. You have to set fog to darkest black, and then tweak it so it appears in the further distance. It's a feature that I missed a lot; something my levels lacked, and I didn't realize it. Cool thing, I recommend it Wink

(This post was last modified: 03-30-2015, 05:08 PM by Darkfire.)
03-30-2015, 04:03 PM
Find
A.M Team Offline
Banned

Threads: 63

To make a light pulsate like fire you have to use the flicker options and check Fade.

Experiment with different combinations to see what you can do. Wink

P.S: The flicker and fade options are two different groups, meaning that one isn't deactivated when you check Fade.

EDIT: Make sure your off color is slightly darker than your normal light color.
(This post was last modified: 03-30-2015, 05:02 PM by A.M Team.)
03-30-2015, 05:00 PM
Find
Darkfire Offline

Hello. The map previously stated is done in like 40% now. I had been working on it for a longer time few weeks ago, so I made quite a few things; 2 major puzzles and 2 fully detailed rooms(from scratch) and some minor thingys too. I also looked back at few things and made some minor tweaks.

However, I've been tying loose ends at school for last 2 weeks, so didn't make anything during that period. And the Academy map still needs a load of detailing, so I'd like to ask for your help.

If you are experienced in mapping, at least to some extent, I need help in decorating few rooms in mansionbase. Mostly placing entities and static objects, since I have to come up with a lightning concept yet. There's a library, dining room, some studies, and a couple of hallways. Help in finishing any of these would be a huge relief for me, and you would of course be mentioned in credits.
I know it's a crappy treat, but I have nothing else Blush

Anyone interested please write me a private message, here on the forum, and then we will probably use Skype.

(This post was last modified: 05-19-2015, 07:12 PM by Darkfire.)
05-19-2015, 07:11 PM
Find
TheSilentSiren Offline

Threads: 0

It's sounds really awesome!

Just throwing out here that I do voice work. So if you need anything like that just let me know. I'd love to be apart of this.
05-20-2015, 12:38 AM
Find
A.M Team Offline
Banned

Threads: 63

Since I'm still waiting for a response for my previous collaborator, I have nothing else to do! Tongue

PM me the map, I'll see what I can do...
05-21-2015, 07:26 AM
Find
Darkfire Offline

Current version:
Alpha 1.12.111
Thanks to Dr. Poo I've been able to leave my mapping chores for some time, and I was able to craft an intro for the story. It's very pretty and I am quite proud of it Big Grin
It consist of some shots from my favourite locations in the game, with music and the opening credits. To make the intro I had to look back at what I've done so far, and I have to say: I can slowly see the endpoint now.

Also, I want to make a shout-out to Cryo Chamber, an ambient music label that let me use their songs in my Custom Story. They are quite awesome.
Check their YouTube channel to listen to some songs or the official website to read more.

-------------------------

Just a quick poll:
Are you interested in playing this mod after the release of SOMA ?
http://goo.gl/9BTkiI

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2015, 09:57 PM by Darkfire.)
05-30-2015, 10:32 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

Please, no doubleposting. I have merged your posts.
09-15-2015, 05:53 PM
Find
Darkfire Offline

I wanted to say that this mod isn't dead yet.
To prove that, I threw together a (rather simplistic) trailer, showing off mostly my level design and mood of the mod.

For now, I decided to stick to coding and add mapping details later, so the CS can enter it's Beta stage (current version: Alpha 1.12.123)
The good news is that I have two last levels to finish and add some polishing touches...and then it's pretty much publishing time. And If I will have some power left, I'll be able to make the bonus level happen.

I also updated the main (first) post. A lot. Check it out Wink

[video=youtube]https://youtu.be/ltDrx9orDYo[/video]

01-25-2016, 06:17 PM
Find