Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Spacies [Fullconversion - Looking for 3D-Artist]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
(11-15-2012, 11:27 PM)Bunnypoppop Wrote: [ -> ]I've done it a lot better but it's still fun to do lol

http://soundcloud.com/bunny-17/russian-1

http://soundcloud.com/bunny-17/russian-2
Haha you got 'comrade' and 'Vladimir' together in an 8 second sentence, don't think it can get any more Russian Tongue
New environment on the way!

I need to create corners or welders. I'm also contemplating creating holes in the "net" at places. The general feel of this area shall feel very "open" - as you have the possibility of being attacked from under you or from the side. I will also create rows of lockers in the dark room past the net - to make it harder to gain perfect surveillance over the area (maybe something is stalking you in the dark? :]). You will also have the possibility to crawl under the "first floor" - as shown in image number 4.

This is sort of a "lighting test". Input of any kind would be great!

You can right click --> Copy link then paste to view it in full resolution.

Spoiler below!

The dark room to your left will be filled with lockers and stuffs.

[Image: Pir3-New-Environment01.png]

The roof.

[Image: Pir3-New-Environment02.png]

The "first floor" as well as the area lying under it.

[Image: Pir3-New-Environment03.png]

The player will have the possibility to crawl under here.

[Image: Pir3-New-Environment04.png]

The corridor should be brighter if it's made of metal, lights reflect a lot more on metalic surfaces I'm sure...

Some large, low, PointLights with a color combination of yellow/cyan/white, or just a boxlight.
[Image: Pir-ServerRoom1.bmp]
Full view: http://www3.picturepush.com/photo/a/1192...rRoom1.bmp

This is the area I'm currently working on. It's a server room, in which I'll hopefully succeed in creating some interesting lighting. As it is now I still have tweaks to do and models to create, but I'm liking the way it's turning out!

A video of it here! Watch in 1080p.

I will dedicate below text into writing down some ideas sizzling in my head and how I go about creating my mod. I have a "backbone" story written down as well as a "backbone" maplayout. The story and maplayout provide a good flow and consistency for the main events. It's also a good reminder on what I need to/can do next. It's looking like this (don't go looking if you care about spoilers):
Spoiler below!

[Image: LEVELOVERVIEW-This.png]

The maplayout spans "all of the maps" - I split it at parts where it would be natural for a new level or at places where it would be necessary (for performance).

I deviate from that layout once I get inspiring or interesting ideas, because they keyword in creating something is fun. Such deviations are then fitted into the "main layout" at places where it would seem consistent.

I start out a new area by placing static objects; walls, floors, other obstacles. Once such things have been placed I start creating the lighting. The goal is to create an interesting lighting. It should be scary (achieved through contrast - having some really dark areas) and showing my models as well as the intended paths the player may/can walk. I try to avoid boxlights. Mostly I work with a lot of pointlights to get the light to spread naturally. If called for I include some spotlights; that is in cases where the shadows from them can provide a feeling of "threat" in the environment.

In this mod the puzzles and story go hand in hand. I find it very fun to create challenging puzzles, but from previous attempts I have learned that too hard puzzles might cause a loss of immersion for the player. I have therefore elected to make most puzzles non-mandatory for progression. Solving puzzles will instead provide interesting information on the story as it branches out in other directions. The set of "main-events/story" will still be given to all players simply through progression through the mod.
Holy fuck.I thought that was picture of real life.God damn thats good.
Damn that looks good, the reflections on the floor!
[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/VLnWf1sQkjY[/video]
Fap-tastic Big Grin

Now that I'm more familiar with ZBrush and the normal mapping workflow, I think I'll get back on the Stealther soon. Would really like to finish him up.
Thanks for the positive feedback guys! :]
Acies... Fuck you for making me waste all my napkins...

So fucking hot!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18