Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Amnesia: Chromanin [FULL RELEASE]
Darkfire Offline

Threads: 22
RE: Amnesia: Chromanin [DEMO RELEASED]

The mod will be released tomorrow. Just adding a couple of minor things and it's over.

08-02-2016, 03:34 PM
Find
Darkfire Offline

RE: Amnesia: Chromanin [DEMO RELEASED]

It's done !

Here's the download.

Make sure to tell me what you think!

I'll be updating the main post in just a moment. If a mod could move this thread to appropriate section, I'd be thankful Smile

08-03-2016, 02:55 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
RE: Amnesia: Chromanin [FULL RELEASE]

(08-03-2016, 02:55 PM)Darkfire Wrote: It's done !

Here's the download.

Make sure to tell me what you think!

I'll be updating the main post in just a moment. If a mod could move this thread to appropriate section, I'd be thankful Smile

Moved - but feel free to make a new thread in the Showcase Section. I can move this one back in the meantime if you choose to do so! Not everyone needs to see the development process, and you can make the OP look as fancy as you'd like Smile

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
08-03-2016, 04:49 PM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

I finished it today.
Spoiler below!

I got stuck once and I had to cheat. I searched all the academy twice and I couldn't find that key inside the drawer. I think it was the lab's key. It's too deep inside the drawer and it's hard to notice. Specially if you have that many empty drawers on the map.

Overall it was all very weird, the design, the puzzles, everything. But on the other hand I did like how you played with the assets and made everything feel strange/odd, that has certain charm.
Most of the time I had no idea what I was doing maybe it was because I didn't pay attention to the story and skipped all the notes. I found them too long and kinda confusing.
The best level I think it was the prisons, the worst were the first ones. But probably because you started there testing and stuff. It happened to me too in my mod.
If I could change something it would be the boring amnesia trees, the mansion-base textures and maybe the amnesia font too (which doesn't invite much for reading long texts).
I guess it's a 7.5/10 score for me. I hope you move to SOMA now. :p

08-05-2016, 08:56 PM
Find
Darkfire Offline

Yeah, I agree that a lot of reading is one of the mod's cons. And for sure the first levels are slightly worse because I was still learning back then. I don't have the power over fonts though, and changing them isn't worth a full conversion Tongue

And what do you mean by odd usage of assets ? I'm not too sure how I used them in a different way than usual Tongue

08-05-2016, 11:23 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

I haven't tried it but I presume your notes do not have voice acting? Adding that would make notes a lot more digestable for players. Listening to someone narrate the note can also help immerse. If you need voice actors, I'm sure you'll find a couple on here even. I know at least 2 eager girls here ;P

08-06-2016, 01:19 AM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

(08-05-2016, 11:23 PM)Darkfire Wrote: Yeah, I agree that a lot of reading is one of the mod's cons. And for sure the first levels are slightly worse because I was still learning back then. I don't have the power over fonts though, and changing them isn't worth a full conversion Tongue

And what do you mean by odd usage of assets ? I'm not too sure how I used them in a different way than usual Tongue
The first thing that comes to my mind are the grunt/brute paintings in 2d. And you didn't remove their animations so they look alive. Also, I found interesting the
Spoiler below!
dark level where you have invisible floors, corpses, more weird stuff and the underwater part.
who's the voice actor btw? that guy is amazing.

08-06-2016, 04:31 AM
Find
Darkfire Offline

Gianni Matragrano, he does some cool stuff on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/user/GianniWatchesVideos

08-06-2016, 11:19 AM
Find