Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Modeling/Art non-related to Amnesia / SOMA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I tried doing modeling like that at one point, but holy shit I have the shortest attention span. Can't even follow a tutorial for making high-poly models, much less doing one myself.

Raaaadical Larry.
I finally made something I think is worthy of showing Big Grin

We worked with a live model in my sculpting class. I'm not one for clay but this was fun. No attention was dealt with the face as it wasn't a priority with the assignment (we were to focus on the pose and structure, like the ribs poking out).

[Image: female_model_sculpt_by_statyk94-d7meteb.jpg]

I also did an archer but it turned out pretty bad... It was going well until I started adding clothes. Don't know how to do that cleanly with clay. The pose was fun though! And I actually wired string in the bow.
Spoiler below!

[Image: archer_sculpt_by_statyk94-d7memdi.jpg]

(06-14-2014, 05:25 PM)Potato Wrote: [ -> ]---video---

Raaaadical Larry.

I think if you worked on the cameras and lighting a bit more, you could make that look tons better! The subtle movement of the camera in the end parts feels weird to me.
(06-15-2014, 03:39 AM)Statyk Wrote: [ -> ]I think if you worked on the cameras and lighting a bit more, you could make that look tons better! The subtle movement of the camera in the end parts feels weird to me.
Thanks! I feel like lighting in SFM is almost a missed opportunity at times for me since my graphics card can't handle volumetric lighting, and I'd love to play around with it. And yeah, I agree with you, the lighting in general seems off at times, particularly on SCP-106, and the red alarm light in the background. If I touch on it again, I'll probably address both of those, and maybe touch up on some of the animation.

Also, nice sculpts, it's nice to actually see some hands-on stuff that's not digital. I actually quite like the archer one, you got the pose down pretty solid.
Spoiler below!
[Image: tumblr_n77hx7MMS21s9e3m4o1_1280.jpg]
i meant to put more detail into this (specifically shading) but whatever
The Ducktor is in.
[Image: the_ducktor_by_statyk94-d7mpglm.jpg]
hand ov nature

[Image: tumblr_n7gvnj3JAI1s9e3m4o1_500.jpg]
I will do everything I can to get you through this, but you have to trust me.
[Image: 21c9g0h.jpg]
Here's something I made in SAI...
Mein pet, Andaergard...
[Image: 2u3qzgq.jpg]
no one cares about these drawings

whatever lol

[Image: tumblr_n885l2jojy1s9e3m4o1_1280.jpg]