Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Will Amnesia be available for consoles? No!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
(07-12-2013, 04:09 PM)ihensell1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-16-2010, 11:03 PM)Mr.Goodcat Wrote: [ -> ]No if it is meant for the PC then it is meant for the PC.

i dont see why u care if its sent to the consoles so what, who cares it will still be on pc so u can just play it there i dont see what the deal is

Um you wouldn't be immersed in the game if you're playing at a TV 4-6 feet from you sitting at a couch. It'll be better on PC because it's close. Besides, how do you open doors and pull drawers and stuff? Oh and Consoles doesn't support OpenGL nor does HPL2 support Consoles.

And um you don't need to bump this. If the thread is 1 month old or more, you shouldn't post in it unless you actually have something to contribute for.
Until they find a way to add true immersion to the console, the way the PC does, then NO.
Nope.
All this talk of consoles not being 'immersive enough' is utter tripe. The only fundamental differences between consoles and PCs is the technical aspect, which granted could be a problem, and the fact that you use a controller instead of the mouse and keyboard. Neither of those stands in the way of drawing yourself into a game.

Frankly I'm getting a little of the 'PC gaming master race' vibe here.
Again, current-gen consoles do NOT support openGL.

Meaning, the game can not run on a console no matter what you do, you'd have to replace the graphics engine entirely.
(07-12-2013, 10:40 PM)Tillion Magnet Wrote: [ -> ]All this talk of consoles not being 'immersive enough' is utter tripe. The only fundamental differences between consoles and PCs is the technical aspect, which granted could be a problem, and the fact that you use a controller instead of the mouse and keyboard. Neither of those stands in the way of drawing yourself into a game.

I prefer the PC, but I, as well, think the whole "Consoles can't be as immersive as PCs" is utter bull. Someone explain to me why they think this? I mean, both are on a screen, and both can have headphones or even a sick surround sound system... That's silly. The only think different between consoles and pc is controls. I imagine Amnesia with a controller is VERY much different than mouse+keyboard, unlike games such as TF2.

Consoles and controllers have their bonuses, I may prefer PC over consoles for the larger variety of games, but both can be equally immersive. When I first played Dead Space 1, it was on the Xbox. I shut my door, blocked the window with a dark quilt, pumped my surround sound up high, and played that shit til my heart told me to chill.
(07-13-2013, 12:42 AM)Statyk Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-12-2013, 10:40 PM)Tillion Magnet Wrote: [ -> ]All this talk of consoles not being 'immersive enough' is utter tripe. The only fundamental differences between consoles and PCs is the technical aspect, which granted could be a problem, and the fact that you use a controller instead of the mouse and keyboard. Neither of those stands in the way of drawing yourself into a game.

I prefer the PC, but I, as well, think the whole "Consoles can't be as immersive as PCs" is utter bull. Someone explain to me why they think this? I mean, both are on a screen, and both can have headphones or even a sick surround sound system... That's silly. The only think different between consoles and pc is controls. I imagine Amnesia with a controller is VERY much different than mouse+keyboard, unlike games such as TF2.

Consoles and controllers have their bonuses, I may prefer PC over consoles for the larger variety of games, but both can be equally immersive. When I first played Dead Space 1, it was on the Xbox. I shut my door, blocked the window with a dark quilt, pumped my surround sound up high, and played that shit til my heart told me to chill.

Well, how do you move doors?
Using one of the analog sticks, I guess.
OpenGL..Not working... Game not possible for consoles because of th- Y'know what, nevermind.

Go on.
Eheh, yes Traggey, I think we are all aware of that by now. Smile
We're just hypothetically speaking. (I don't even own a console, lol).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39