Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Will Amnesia be available for consoles? No!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
(12-16-2010, 07:04 PM)LoneWolf Wrote: [ -> ]To be honest people who think like that are the ones who causes these problems. Why would a sony company develop for the pc? why should there be exclusive xbox 360 or ps3 games ? or wii or even pc games ?

I have a ps3 and would have liked some games which dont go to it, but its understanable. EG. naughty dog, the developers of the Uncharted series, there owned by Sony and sony owns the PS3 so why on earth would it go onto the PC or xbox 360?

Why they wouldn't develop a game for PC? I can see why no X360 due to rivalry, but why not PC?
Only explanation is that they want us to buy their console in order to play just a single game. No one can play MGS4 who doesn't have a PS3.

So you are saying it is not a problem when it comes to console exclusive games, why it is when it comes to PC exclusive games then?

(12-16-2010, 09:42 PM)Lee Wrote: [ -> ]That's a really, really terrible trade agreement.

Why? Because that is not ever gonna happen?
No if it is meant for the PC then it is meant for the PC.
(12-16-2010, 10:21 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-16-2010, 09:42 PM)Lee Wrote: [ -> ]That's a really, really terrible trade agreement.

Because it would be trading a brilliant horror game for a poorly acted, poorly written, poorly directed film whose tag of "game" is backed up by quick time events and nothing else.
(12-16-2010, 11:20 PM)Lee Wrote: [ -> ]Because it would be trading a brilliant horror game for a poorly acted, poorly written, poorly directed film whose tag of "game" is backed up by quick time events and nothing else.

Now that is an answer! Big Grin
(12-16-2010, 07:04 PM)LoneWolf Wrote: [ -> ]To be honest people who think like that are the ones who causes these problems. Why would a sony company develop for the pc? why should there be exclusive xbox 360 or ps3 games ? or wii or even pc games ?

I have a ps3 and would have liked some games which dont go to it, but its understanable. EG. naughty dog, the developers of the Uncharted series, there owned by Sony and sony owns the PS3 so why on earth would it go onto the PC or xbox 360?

Why they wouldn't develop a game for PC? I can see why no X360 due to rivalry, but why not PC?
Only explanation is that they want us to buy their console in order to play just a single game. No one can play MGS4 who doesn't have a PS3.

So you are saying it is not a problem when it comes to console exclusive games, why it is when it comes to PC exclusive games then?

Ehm... i dont like games being exclusive i have a pc and ps3 so im forced to buy some games on one console.......
(12-16-2010, 11:20 PM)Lee Wrote: [ -> ]

Because it would be trading a brilliant horror game for a poorly acted, poorly written, poorly directed film whose tag of "game" is backed up by quick time events and nothing else.

Heavy rain was poorly acted, written and directed.... okay you must be dumb then. I dont like the game because for me its boring but it has a very good story, but sometimes storys dont make a game, also the music in the game is amazing. But most of game like you said is quick time events but also the game seemed realistical in some ways more than amnesia anyway so.... But i guess because its on ps3 you hate it anyway right ? lol joking.
I have a killer PC and do most of my gaming on it. I also have a 360 and PS3. I don't see the advantage in making a version for console only gamers...they wouldn't appreciate it...
(12-17-2010, 08:32 PM)Spooder Wekd Wrote: [ -> ]I have a killer PC and do most of my gaming on it. I also have a 360 and PS3. I don't see the advantage in making a version for console only gamers...they wouldn't appreciate it...

Although I'm agree with you on that statement, I'm sure that there would be a lot of qualified gamers out there.
"Is Amnesia should be available on consoles?"

With literary skills like that, I'm guessing you play one. I don't see why not; the controls are simple enough to shift to a console controller and it would mean reaching a wider audience (provided the boys from Sweden don't turn it into another Dead Space or F.E.A.R.) Although it would mean more effort on the programmer's part.

Actually I think it's good to leave FG's survival horror games on the PC; makes me feel like I have an advantage over console owners (besides the obvious what with graphics & controls & immersion etc).
(12-17-2010, 11:38 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-17-2010, 08:32 PM)Spooder Wekd Wrote: [ -> ]I have a killer PC and do most of my gaming on it. I also have a 360 and PS3. I don't see the advantage in making a version for console only gamers...they wouldn't appreciate it...

Although I'm agree with you on that statement, I'm sure that there would be a lot of qualified gamers out there.

Oh yea, but most console gamers are kids, or idiots. Cause playing games on PC takes skill, you gotta install the game and if you dont have at least one mod you're doing it wrong. Also, most kids don't have computers in their rooms and their parents wouldn't want little jonny hogging the computer now would they? I'm just speaking from the majority, look at games like COD, on 360 you're dealing with a bunch of pre-pubescent assholes. Thats NOT all of them, but theres more than there are on PC! Tongue
I'm not knocking consoles, or owners, see I have consoles as I said above!
some people don't have good pcs, or don't enjoy sitting at a desk. some people only have laptops and netbooks. more people out there have consoles for their videogames, so it makes sense to me to port amnesia to the console. yes, pc gamers typically like the mouse and keyboard option a lot more because of its precision. but preference doesnt mean that people that play console games should be ignored either. being a purist about platform or control type is not constructive. as a gamer i dont care what platform my friends play their games on, so long as they get to play good games. i have plenty of friends that i think would like amensia, but simply don't have pcs that are meant for gaming, or just dont like the pc as a gaming platform. not only that, consoles have some new interesting ways of controlling a game, such as the ps3 move, or the xbox kinect. the move is probably ideal for amnesia since you could hold a button and move the controller in the air to open or close a door, throw an object, etc.

that said i doubt frictional have the resources to do this, and they've already mentioned before that they dont and would rather move on to a new game. the best hope this game has of getting on the tv screen is maybe a service like onlive.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39