Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Rant Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Adventures of Captain Planet: The only action tv show in which a
fire bender get's trapped behind a wall of ice and asks Captain Planet
to bail him out.

I also realized that CP's only super powers are
flying, super strength, and making horrible puns.(A bit of a let down,
considering how much effort it takes to summon him. The Avatar had the
same elements and was a bigger Bad ass than you and he was fucking 12.) I
also realized that my childhood was horrible.
I don't put in the effort to actually post on anything that isn't recent; I'll just revisit this site every minute or two, click the "Today's Posts" button and see if anythings changed, and if it has I'll post on it, like the whore I am.
(04-23-2013, 01:21 AM)failedALIAS Wrote: [ -> ]like the whore I am.
No standards is best standards, right ALIAS?

Spoiler below!
winkwinknudgenudge
Quote: like the whore I am.
Juan whore to rule Jamal?
I'm about 90% sure the only people who actually like Captain Beefheart's Trout Mask Replica are dirty hipsters that want to look artsy by pretending they like obnoxious noise that most people "just won't get".

I mean don't get me wrong, there's plenty of obnoxious noise that most people wouldn't get that's also really fucking good, it's just that album doesn't fit into that category, it just sucks ass.
(04-23-2013, 06:20 AM)Kman Wrote: [ -> ]I'm about 90% sure the only people who actually like Captain Beefheart's Trout Mask Replica are dirty hipsters that want to look artsy by pretending they like obnoxious noise that most people "just won't get".

I mean don't get me wrong, there's plenty of obnoxious noise that most people wouldn't get that's also really fucking good, it's just that album doesn't fit into that category, it just sucks ass.

I like listening to jet engines take off because that's ironic. Wait, am I using that word right? AM I HIP YET?!?
The only rant I have is that I hate when my posts get ignored, even when it's a question.
(04-23-2013, 06:20 AM)Kman Wrote: [ -> ]I'm about 90% sure the only people who actually like Captain Beefheart's Trout Mask Replica are dirty hipsters that want to look artsy by pretending they like obnoxious noise that most people "just won't get".

I'm inclined to agree but the Captain is an intelligent man and a talented musician. It is most certainly not obnoxious noise, however I do not really enjoy it aesthetically either.
Sometimes, I have difficulty telling apart Indians from black-haired Russians.
(04-23-2013, 10:06 PM)Bridge Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm inclined to agree but the Captain is an intelligent man and a talented musician. It is most certainly not obnoxious noise, however I do not really enjoy it aesthetically either.

Yeah i was kinda exaggerating with that statement anyways haha. I actually saw someone summarize my thoughts on the album pretty well "it just sounds like a drunk guy rambling while every other band member is playing his own individual song in the background". I've heard his other stuff is a lot better though so I might check it out.