Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Rant Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I heard they use Metallica songs during torture.

Anyways, time to rant about my overly protective parents.

Will they ever let me go?!
alice is the only good song on sunn o)))'s album monoliths and dimensions and it bugs the shit out of me because that songs is like OMG YES BEST THING EVER I WANT MORE and then the rest is just like ahhahahahaah no

such a cock tease me
That frustrates me quite a bit with albums. Because I always prefer to have the album rather than download songs.

Its very rare you get an album which is pure awesome like Word Gets Around - Stereophonics, Ten - Pearl Jam, Sunrise Over Sea/Live at Red Rocks - John Butler Trio, Everything Goes Numb - SM, ALL GASLIGHT ANTHEM's albums.

Which is why I don't mind buying best of CD's and compilations.

I think its time that I actually download tracks individually and make my own CD's from genre. Like Radical Face has some awesome songs but only a few, Jose Gonzalez, Sun Kil Moon, Ben Howard, City and Colour. A few other artists etc. Would make a very nice acoustic album.
Everything Goes Numb is Soooooo gooooood. (Me being a bitchy poser)
(05-03-2013, 01:38 PM)failedALIAS Wrote: [ -> ]Everything Goes Numb is Soooooo gooooood. (Me being a bitchy poser)

And that juuuuuusst..... FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFIIIIIIIIIIIIINE

Catch me?
(05-03-2013, 01:45 PM)Wooderson Wrote: [ -> ]And that juuuuuusst..... FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFIIIIIIIIIIIIINE

Catch me?

Big Grin
(05-02-2013, 11:39 AM)Bridge Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-02-2013, 11:34 AM)MyRedNeptune Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-02-2013, 11:28 AM)Bridge Wrote: [ -> ]Because the U.S. government now has the right to detain and murder citizens they believe to have connections to terrorist groups, without due process or even any evidence.

I remember hearing something like that. Where is this written?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_De..._Year_2012

Article Wrote:The detention sections of the NDAA begin by "affirm[ing]" that the authority of the President under the Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Terrorists (AUMF), a joint resolution passed in the immediate aftermath of the September 11, 2001 attacks, includes the power to detain, via the Armed Forces, any person (including a U.S. citizen[13][21]) "who was part of or substantially supported al-Qaeda, the Taliban, or associated forces that are engaged in hostilities against the United States or its coalition partners", and anyone who commits a "belligerent act" against the U.S. or its coalition allies in aid of such enemy forces, under the law of war, "without trial, until the end of the hostilities authorized by the [AUMF]". The text authorizes trial by military tribunal, or "transfer to the custody or control of the person's country of origin", or transfer to "any other foreign country, or any other foreign entity".[22]

You can find more official texts elsewhere, but this is fairly credible. And utterly sickening. The wording is so vague, if the wrong person is elected president he can quite literally detain anyone he pleases so long as the U.S. is in some sort of conflict, which is going to be always. At least, that's my understanding of this clause. Obama hasn't even responded to the criticism he gets for this. He approved it himself personally without congress approval.

Damn. Guess I shouldn't be surprised, though.
funny thing, America is supposed to be the land of freedom Smile
(05-03-2013, 03:38 PM)Dogfood Wrote: [ -> ]funny thing, America is supposed to be the land of freedom Smile

Silly, that's Sweden!
(05-03-2013, 03:38 PM)Dogfood Wrote: [ -> ]funny thing, America is supposed to be the land of freedom Smile

America's a shithole. The only things good about it are the technology and living conditions (subjective. But not everywhere is a dump like in third world countries for example).