Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Rant Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sooooooo.... Who here is the biggest metrosexual?

Also, I just had the longest most painful leg cramp i've ever had. Its still not totally relieved 20 minutes later D:
gonna b honest here but streetlight manifesto really need to start changing up their style soon

I mean don't get me wrong, I obviously love their stuff, but other than dropping the more raw punk production after EGN they haven't really progressed at all over the last three albums. It's worked for now since they've really only stuck with it for 3 albums so the ideas they're bringing to ska are still pretty fresh, but unless they start evolving it's gonna get stale man

lol i'm gonna get so much shit for this but #yolo
still better than btmi. #sweg
(05-08-2013, 03:28 AM)Adny Wrote: [ -> ]still better than btmi. #sweg

andy i don't think you understand literally everything jeff touches just makes me shoot cum out of my ears. i mean ya sm make some nifty stuff but i mean LITERALLY JUST SEMEN SHOOTING EVERYWHERE I MEAN JESUS CHRIST

...seems obvious to me.
cause there's such a thing as one band being objectively better than another lol ok

besides you can't compare the best song ever with anything and expect it to win, even sm!!!
I played them both at the same time, because chaos.
(05-08-2013, 04:09 AM)triadtimes Wrote: [ -> ]I played them both at the same time, because chaos.

lol

Real talk though, I'll admit that SM are way more talented with their instruments and tend to make way more technically advanced music but that's not the defining factor of what makes music good for me. The main complaint I have with them is, like I said, they pretty much have one style that they stick with and don't do a whole lot of experimentation out of that from album to album and song to song. They do that style really fucking well of course, so it works, which is why they can get away with it, but regardless of how good that style is it grows old after too long. Of course there's always exceptions on each album (Toe to Toe, A Moment of Silence, etc.), but it applies to the majority of their stuff. On the other hand though, BTMI take influence from a ton of different genres and it really shows through IMO. Pretty much every single one of their albums has its own sound to it that's distinctly different from the last and incorporates new ideas while still maintaining a distinct feel that's so unique to them. Hell even that song you linked (srslybestsong4ever) mixes a ton of different genres including folk, ska, hardcore, skate punk and even some pop punk. Plus on top of all that Jeff's just such a fucking amazing song writer that he manages to make all of that work and still have it sound and cohesive awesome every time.

Just a few examples:
Spoiler below!

all of these have a pretty distinct sound to them and yet it's clear their all by the same band and their made with a similar theme in mind

I love both of course, they're easily two of my favorite bands ever, it's just that, well, there's a reason these guys are still my favorite band a year later and even after I started actively discovering new music.

So in short I'm a massive fucking fanboy and I will never, ever, ever stop sucking Jeff's dick 24/7 on the internet and off
(05-08-2013, 04:09 AM)triadtimes Wrote: [ -> ]I played them both at the same time, because chaos.

I did the same thing. It was beautiful.
What doesn't get old?

I mean really.

It takes an absolute genius to create album after album of new interesting different stuff.

I can't think of anyone that has done that.

Its either you make an impact while you can and make it fucking big or you slowly drain away yourself. Its's similar to how I look at the radio. I fucking despise the radio but I am kinda thankful that its shit, not because #Hipster2013 or whatever but because it means I can choose what/where/when I listen to music. If I heard all my favourite stuff on the radio it wouldn't be long before I stopped listening to it.