Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Rant Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So one of my old roommate's emailed me. The one who got mad over an internet argument and gave me 24 hours to move out a while back.

Is it sad that I'm leading him on just to tell him off? I think I have a few anger issues.

Quote:There is however a huge difference between thinking back on it, which that person likely does anyway, and "experiencing it again" by seeing it vividly. The actual sights and sounds are more traumatizing than the idea.

EDIT: Not that it doesn't trigger the memories, you are absolutely right in that regard. However, leaving the viewer to see it for themselves, which I actually don't think is a negative thing, removes the vagueness.

I agree. Reminding you of a traumatizing experience is better than making you relive it.
The USAF did that in our sexual harassment course: "Anyone who had a bad experience can opt out of the video in favor of a more-sensitive course." It also saves their ass from lawsuits.
I should probably clarify that someone very close to me is very affected by this, and simply because she knows what a trigger warning, seeing a trigger warning for something else will already ruin her day simply because she knows the purpose. And there are a lot of trigger warnings these days.
I agree with Bridge, even if a trigger warning will remind people of something, it's still better than having the whole played-out visual sequence thrown at you without any warning.
I'm not very fond of black people.
(04-27-2013, 10:02 PM)failedALIAS Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not very fond of black people.

That's not a rant. that's being racist. 2/10 try again
(04-27-2013, 10:02 PM)failedALIAS Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not very fond of black people.

What about this guy? He's afro-asian:

[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/4kOX-qE6Ka4[/video]
(04-27-2013, 10:28 PM)Adny Wrote: [ -> ]

That's not a rant. that's being racist. 2/10 try again

I did rant. I ranted harder than anyone you've ever seen. The thing is, my rant was done entirely by interpretive dance. So that it was as powerful as it needed to be for each person who interpreted it. You fail, Adny. Sit the fuck down.
Do you like mexicans ALIAS?
laura stevenson has released two albums full of the same basic song (cutesy indie pop with light hearted instrumentation and pretty vocals) and yet each time EVERYONE FREAKS THE FUCK OUT OVER IT AND IS ALL LIKE "OMG YES THIS IS LIFE ALTERING 5/5 AOTY BEST NEW OPETH MUSIC" AND SHIT
(04-27-2013, 11:08 PM)Kman Wrote: [ -> ]laura stevenson has released two albums full of the same basic song (cutesy indie pop with light hearted instrumentation and pretty vocals) and yet each time EVERYONE FREAKS THE FUCK OUT OVER IT AND IS ALL LIKE "OMG YES THIS IS LIFE ALTERING 5/5 AOTY BEST NEW OPETH MUSIC" AND SHIT

God, I can't stand those phonies. They make me want to just leave, and keep going till I don't know where I've gone. I swear to God. They don't understand that it's not good. People never understand anything.

Spoiler below!

[Image: 878141.jpg]