Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Jens, I'm not sure if the question has been asked before - I'm sure it has - but is the game compatible with Windows 8? I have not seen someone ask yet...
Please answer to my question, how I can buy it without PayPal and Credit card at the Humble Store.

Or will the game be released on a retail DVD in europe?

An other question:

"Pre-order Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs and get it for Windows, Mac, and Linux when it's released. Comes with DRM-free versions and a Steam key."

What should that mean? You say it is DRM-free, but why the Steam key then? Steam is DRM.

Is Steam required for all versions of AMFP?

If yes, I'll never buy this game!!!
(08-17-2013, 10:39 AM)Delirium92 Wrote: [ -> ]Jens, I'm not sure if the question has been asked before - I'm sure it has - but is the game compatible with Windows 8? I have not seen someone ask yet...

Should work, it has been tested, but majority of testing has been on Win 7.
Oh.. shout shout shout.

Sorry but the payment options Humble Bundle offer are what they are.

Humble Bundle gives you downloads which works the exact same way as from shelf.frictionalgames.com, you login on their website and you have all your games available for download. Faster, smoother and more reliable than our system. They also list your Steam key which you can use to activate the game on Steam.

To be clear, AMFP is completely DRM free, not even a serial is needed. Then of course stores like Steam distribute the game as it has to be to work on their platform.
Yes!!!! Annoying that GTA 5 comes out a week later too. My pocket is gonna be empty :L
(08-17-2013, 10:51 AM)jens Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-17-2013, 10:39 AM)Delirium92 Wrote: [ -> ]Jens, I'm not sure if the question has been asked before - I'm sure it has - but is the game compatible with Windows 8? I have not seen someone ask yet...

Should work, it has been tested, but majority of testing has been on Win 7.

Cheers for the response!
Calm your tits Googol... Nobody is forcing you to use steam key for god's sake
(08-17-2013, 10:54 AM)jens Wrote: [ -> ]Oh.. shout shout shout.

Sorry but the payment options Humble Bundle offer are what they are.

Humble Bundle gives you downloads which works the exact same way as from shelf.frictionalgames.com, you login on their website and you have all your games available for download. Faster, smoother and more reliable than our system. They also list your Steam key which you can use to activate the game on Steam.

To be clear, AMFP is completely DRM free, not even a serial is needed. Then of course stores like Steam distribute the game as it has to be to work on their platform.

OK, thanks.
This means Steam is not needed to play the game, but the key is only an optional "present" to download it via Steam when you want?

It's a bit confusing.
(08-17-2013, 10:35 AM)Googolplex Wrote: [ -> ]What a shit!!!
How should I buy your games without PayPal or credit card?
In your store I could buy it via Mobile Payment, which was very easy and fast. I do not want to create a PayPal account!!!

We have not had the Mobile Payment option for a very long time. Because honestly it worked like crap and we got less than 50% of what you paid. We tested it and came to the conclusion that 1. Very few used it and 2. The technology and fee structure was not mature.
(08-17-2013, 11:02 AM)Googolplex Wrote: [ -> ]This means Steam is not needed to play the game, but the key is only an optional "present" to download it via Steam when you want?

That is correct.