Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yeah - it's interesting too see if the community's theories were even close Big Grin
(08-20-2013, 06:23 PM)Peci Wrote: [ -> ]“The Mayan Underworld is a huge, complex city made up of houses in which people are tested. “ “On the road to Xibalba, there are rivers of scorpions, blood and pus to navigate and then a crossroads that offers bewildering choices. If these obstacles are successfully met, the Lords amuse themselves by humiliating and torturing the travelers before they pass along to further terrors and tests in at least six different "houses", each one designed either to kill or induce great suffering. It is not known if anyone actually passes all the tests or if all who enter Xibalba are doomed to wander forever in the underworld.

The people who wrote this stuff must have been on some real hardcore drugs lol
So..about the guys who got the game free. How will it all work? Do they e-mail you a code to the e-mail addres you typed in, or something? (I wasn't one of them, but just curious)
(08-20-2013, 11:25 PM)Derxor Wrote: [ -> ]So..about the guys who got the game free. How will it all work? Do they e-mail you a code to the e-mail addres you typed in, or something? (I wasn't one of them, but just curious)

They only notified those who've won free copies, and yes, the messages were sent on the e-mail addresses we've put in. Dunno however how will it all work.
Quote:free of combat and complex puzzles
Aaaaaaaaaaaah f*ck!
no complex puzzles in other words stick A will go into port A just like we've seen with Amnesia.
They can make the puzzles hard just don't make them clueless.

Can't judge until I have played it start to finish though up to the 10th of September.
(08-21-2013, 12:13 AM)maarten12100 Wrote: [ -> ]
Aaaaaaaaaaaah f*ck!
no complex puzzles in other words stick A will go into port A just like we've seen with Amnesia.

Can't judge until I have played it start to finish though up to the 10th of September.

Where did you get that quote from? If true that is kind of disappointing. I don't care about combat whatsoever, but I always love some cool interactive puzzles.
Pre-ordered it! Big Grin
(08-20-2013, 06:48 PM)Peci Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah - it's interesting too see if the community's theories were even close Big Grin

Well one of the main devs confirmed a couple months ago that nobody has gotten close to figuring out what the story will be about yet. So unless some remarkably intelligent chap has figured out something in the interim, I'm guessing we're in for a few surprises when we play the game.
(08-21-2013, 01:42 AM)bluel0bster Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-20-2013, 06:48 PM)Peci Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah - it's interesting too see if the community's theories were even close Big Grin

Well one of the main devs confirmed a couple months ago that nobody has gotten close to figuring out what the story will be about yet. So unless some remarkably intelligent chap has figured out something in the interim, I'm guessing we're in for a few surprises when we play the game.

Good. I want to be surprised. I keep saying to myself how I hope most theories I've read by fans thus far are wrong.
(08-21-2013, 01:01 AM)Magnum66 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-21-2013, 12:13 AM)maarten12100 Wrote: [ -> ]
Aaaaaaaaaaaah f*ck!

Where did you get that quote from? If true that is kind of disappointing. I don't care about combat whatsoever, but I always love some cool interactive puzzles.
It is on the front page