Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: [Amnesia] Screenshot criticism thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
kman what are u doing? stahp
that entire level is basically like that sorta shit + parkour and other obstacles lol

it's going to take a very

very long time
Um, it seems like my image is ignored...
well it's kinda hard to give a really good critique of it cause right now it looks super unfinished - it's literally just a bed, a window, a door, and shadows
(09-15-2013, 09:31 AM)Kman Wrote: [ -> ]well it's kinda hard to give a really good critique of it cause right now it looks super unfinished - it's literally just a bed, a window, a door, and shadows

I'M ASKING FOR THE LIGHTING
it looks okaaaay but it's not really dynamic at all, right in front of the windows should be bright and near the back it should start fading to a darker shade. the light beam cast directly out of the window (or in this case the spotlight you have that's casting the shadow) should be brightest part coming from the window and should be bright enough that you can clearly tell it apart from the rest of the light
My very own grand hall!

[Image: 294tnjd.jpg]

[Image: oa7s06.jpg]

A bit dark but anyway!
The map is pretty dark if you compared it to the light that was getting through the Windows in Screenshot 2.

Also, you need to fix your tiling at the ceiling and the floor.

And um, it's a bit empty.
Since it's a grand hall, it should be well lit up. A grand hall is mostly a place that shows no danger. Therefore no darkness. Corridors and such should have darkness, but not grand halls Wink
Well the house have been empty for 10 years so that's why there's no candles.

I will fix the tilling in just a second. Thanks Smile