Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(05-17-2013, 11:41 PM)fancreeper Wrote: [ -> ]Huh?If you go to [url]http://thechineseroom.co.uk/[/url] it still says that they are branding.I thought they would update the site after the Q&A?They apparently didn't ...

it has been re-branding since the Q&A started i think...?
(05-17-2013, 09:56 PM)Macgyverthehero Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-17-2013, 08:52 PM)Aldighieri Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder if we're going to end up despising Oswald in the end...

"He WAS a kiddy fiddler!"

Or maybe there will be multiple ways to end the game, so we don't have to despise him.

Oswald could be even worse than Daniel, We could say that monstrous protagonists are one of the essences of Amnesia.
(05-18-2013, 07:31 AM)Zgroktar Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-17-2013, 09:56 PM)Macgyverthehero Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-17-2013, 08:52 PM)Aldighieri Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder if we're going to end up despising Oswald in the end...

"He WAS a kiddy fiddler!"

Or maybe there will be multiple ways to end the game, so we don't have to despise him.

Oswald could be even worse than Daniel, We could say that monstrous protagonists are one of the essences of Amnesia.
Daniel wasn't all that bad if Oswald holds nearly as much charisma as Justine did he will be a total boss.
Well, Daniel and Justine could in a way be forgiven since (a) Daniel was duped (b) Justine had a difficult past. Let's see how it's going to be for Oswald.
(05-18-2013, 07:31 AM)Zgroktar Wrote: [ -> ]Oswald could be even worse than Daniel

He's a rich(greedy) industrial tycoon who uses child labor. That's a pretty good start, isn't it?
(05-18-2013, 04:20 PM)felixmole Wrote: [ -> ]Well, Daniel and Justine could in a way be forgiven since (a) Daniel was duped (b) Justine had a difficult past. Let's see how it's going to be for Oswald.
The only one that didn't do a single thing wrong besides making the Turngait and the higher creature angry was Philip.
(05-18-2013, 04:27 PM)maarten12100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-18-2013, 04:20 PM)felixmole Wrote: [ -> ]Well, Daniel and Justine could in a way be forgiven since (a) Daniel was duped (b) Justine had a difficult past. Let's see how it's going to be for Oswald.
The only one that didn't do a single thing wrong besides making the Turngait and the higher creature angry was Philip.

So he did do something wrong? Wink
(05-18-2013, 05:06 PM)ReadingNotAllowed Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-18-2013, 04:27 PM)maarten12100 Wrote: [ -> ]

So he did do something wrong? Wink
Only if you find making monsters angry unethical.
It wasn't wrong but it was wrong(as in stupid) because it got him killed.
In Amnesia:TDD and Justine everybody is messed up,even you(main caracter).I don't think that will be different in AAMFP.
I was wondering if there's a consensus amongst the members here on what the story actually is with Oswald. A lot of what we take for granted about him seems to be based on speculation and inference.

What I think we can say about him with any degree of certainty is:
  • He's a wealthy industrialist [source]
  • He went on an expedition to Mexico which went wrong [source]
  • He somehow became ill and went unconscious, regaining consciousness in his own bed [source]
  • His children are missing and he has to find them [source]
  • He owns a factory which deals with meat produce [source]
  • He has fed orphans at least once [source]
  • He has sought child labour reforms [source]
What else can we add to the list? That is, what can we say about Oswald which has some kind of source to back it up?