Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(04-29-2013, 06:18 PM)Randomguy9900 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-29-2013, 06:14 PM)Statyk Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-29-2013, 04:51 PM)Googolplex Wrote: [ -> ]When reading this article here, it says AAMFP is expected in 3rd quarter of 2013 for the PC.

Screenshots in HQ

http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2013/04/AAMFP_1.jpg
http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2013/04/AAMFP_2.jpg
http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2013/04/AAMFP_3.jpg
http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2013/04/AAMFP_4.jpg
http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2013/04/AAMFP_5.jpg
http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2013/04/AAMFP_6.jpg

I love how custom story creators would get ripped apart for screenshots this black, but TCR gets away with it...

It's totally true. I really wonder why it is that they had it so black. As to show how dark it's going to be? Or because they're trying to hide some of the graphics and not reveal too many visuals/have it more mysterious (which fails because I've seen sites where they just raised the gamma and you can actually make out things)? Or something else?

Or was it just plain bad screenshot taking/editing?

(04-29-2013, 06:20 PM)Kreekakon Wrote: [ -> ]I think there may be some sort of brightness issues involved with some of these screenshots, because I've also seen screenshots of the same things on different sites, but had "normal" looking light, and contrast.

Personally my bet is they adjusted the light to make them look different and to have an excuse to make another flipping article that reiterates all of the speculation again.
(04-29-2013, 01:11 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-29-2013, 10:35 AM)chineseroom Wrote: [ -> ]RECOGNITION
LOYALTY
PATIENCE
FILLED
INSTITUTION
MEMBERS
GREENWICH
MEAN
TIME
INSTRUCTED
LAWS
GREAT
BRITAIN
COMPANY
PROCEDURES

I just deleted all the un-important message and put up the abnormally caps text. See something, rather, odd with it?

I don't think this got enough attention. The fact that there's random emphasized words is HIGHLY suspicious, unless they know we like to pick apart these updates and they're trollingTongue
Maybe the possible meaning of the words should be one of our questions. hrmm?
(04-29-2013, 06:32 PM)lazz3r Wrote: [ -> ]Q3? NO FUCKING WAY. ;/

Only according to an article on The Escapist site a few days ago, then copied by other sites. However, this has NOT been confirmed (or denied) by Frictional and there's no mention of it on the web site.
(04-29-2013, 06:39 PM)Ossie Wrote: [ -> ]

Only according to an article on The Escapist site a few days ago, then copied by other sites. However, this has NOT been confirmed (or denied) by Frictional and there's no mention of it on the web site.

I may be wrong on this, but I don't think I am. In 2012 (early or mid) I first heard about "Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs" and most of us (people around the forum) were under the impression it would come out very late 2012 or early 2013.
(04-29-2013, 06:41 PM)darkely Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-29-2013, 06:39 PM)Ossie Wrote: [ -> ]

I may be wrong on this, but I don't think I am. In 2012 (early or mid) I first heard about "Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs" and most of us (people around the forum) were under the impression it would come out very late 2012 or early 2013.

That's right, it was originally scheduled for Halloween 2012. That was then put back to Q2 2013. Now we have The Escapist. etc stating Q3 but with nothing to back it up, ie no statement from Frictional, etc.
I think it's at least worth asking if the claimed "Q2" or "Q3" dates can be backed by anyone at FG or TCR or do they officially have no statement on the quarter of release.
(04-29-2013, 07:01 PM)Randomguy9900 Wrote: [ -> ]I think it's at least worth asking if the claimed "Q2" or "Q3" dates can be backed by anyone at FG or TCR or do they officially have no statement on the quarter of release.

I agree, it should be asked (and answered!). However, Dan has stated that the release date is up to Frictional so unless they tell him, he can't tell us.

Given that we know Jens is reading this thread it would be nice if he would step up to the plate and tell us if Q2 is still the planned release period or if it has been revised to Q3. I don't think that's asking too much.

Over to you Jens .........
(04-29-2013, 01:11 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-29-2013, 10:35 AM)chineseroom Wrote: [ -> ]RECOGNITION
LOYALTY
PATIENCE
FILLED
INSTITUTION
MEMBERS
GREENWICH
MEAN
TIME
INSTRUCTED
LAWS
GREAT
BRITAIN
COMPANY
PROCEDURES

I just deleted all the un-important message and put up the abnormally caps text. See something, rather, odd with it?

How about this?

Recognition, loyalty, and patience filled institution members green, which, (in the) mean time instructed laws. Great Britain company procedures.

Any ideas?
Yah the Q3 thing is completely bogus, FG and chineseroom never said anything of the sort. Whoever wrote that article on the escapist got it wrong, and a few other sites since then have been lazy with their research.

We should seriously ask about some sort of idea about how much longer we can expect to wait for the game (because a set-in-stone release date almost certainly doesn't exist, but it would be nice to have something more than the vague "Q2"). Also, system requirements, price, and oculus rift support would be nice to know about. Maybe something about how puzzles will work and/or creature AI compared to the original game.

I think we can all agree not to ask questions about the narrative/story/setting/characters? The less we know going into this game, the better.