Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(06-23-2013, 07:28 PM)DavidS Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-23-2013, 06:39 PM)Rich Pyro Wrote: [ -> ]I think this ''wait for AAMFP to come'' is tearing our friendship apart mates...

Who told you about the master plan?

Jens?
(06-23-2013, 12:34 PM)Gunslingerjh Wrote: [ -> ]Just be patient for their next full fledged sci-fi game. They will probably implement CS in there.
AAMFP is basically the same as TDD, just some minor tweaks and stuff. What you'll probably be able to do, is grab the textures/models from AAMFP and use them for new TDD custom stories.

(06-23-2013, 12:36 PM)Zgroktar Wrote: [ -> ]How the hell do you now it will be a full fledged sci-fi game? Because you've seen one picture that has alien looking spiders?

I don't know that for sure, but they are searching for a level designer with interest in science fiction. Look here http://frictionalgames.blogspot.se/2012/...anted.html
That is too vague of a hint to know anything. They stated that their next game will be a horror one, with deeper philosophical themes present, because in their view they didn't pull out that well in Amnesia and said it was a little bit shallow. There may be some futuristic theme or setting like there was in Penumbra, but that will not be the main point.
I feel like if there actually isn't going to be custom story support in AMFP, then someone would have told us why by now. Maybe Jens really was trolling. lol
(06-24-2013, 03:41 AM)LordGubGub Wrote: [ -> ]I feel like if there actually isn't going to be custom story support in AMFP, then someone would have told us why by now. Maybe Jens really was trolling. lol

Jens is probbobly trolling.Making an Amnesia game without a cs support is like making COD game without multiplayer.Also that is the reason why everybody still plays ATDD.
(06-24-2013, 10:16 AM)fancreeper Wrote: [ -> ]Jens is probbobly trolling.Making an Amnesia game without a cs support is like making COD game without multiplayer.

You are wrong. COD is made for multiplayer, that's their first and most important job with these series nowadays. Amnesia was made for single-player and the custom story ability was added in a hurry during the end of the development cycle right before release, according to Thomas.
(06-24-2013, 11:31 AM)plutomaniac Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-24-2013, 10:16 AM)fancreeper Wrote: [ -> ]Jens is probbobly trolling.Making an Amnesia game without a cs support is like making COD game without multiplayer.

You are wrong. COD is made for multiplayer, that's their first and most important job with these series nowadays. Amnesia was made for single-player and the custom story ability was added in a hurry during the end of the development cycle right before release, according to Thomas.
Oh...I didn't know that,but still cs feature is a really imporant part of Amnesia.
It will probably be implemented sooner or later. Make a petition if you like.
(06-24-2013, 11:52 AM)fancreeper Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-24-2013, 11:31 AM)plutomaniac Wrote: [ -> ]

Oh...I didn't know that,but still cs feature is a really imporant part of Amnesia.

Well as i see it CS are not an important part of Amnesia its the story itself, let's say like AAMFP would have some CS support, and would ruin the gameplay story of AAMFP as i see it so i think its better if there is no CS support, mate.
dude.. are you kiddin around?

after you finish aamfp what will you do? wait for the next game?

that's why we need custom stories