Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I believe it's the motto of the game.
(05-04-2013, 09:15 PM)fancreeper Wrote: [ -> ]May i ask something?[url]https://twitter.com/danpinchbeck/status/...6887868416[/url] Why did Dan say:"because The Swine Are Rising"?
Because swine can be multiple therefor that is actually correct however it makes me wanna kill myself Angel
Hehe I had a bit of a short-lived "aha!" moment earlier when I was adding details to the Information Portal. I added the personal website of Brady Jones, the environment artist on AAMFP, and as I was checking it out I found this (scroll to the very bottom):

http://www.bradyjones.com/html/education.html

I thought for a split second that he'd inadvertently included some AAMFP monster art, because it seemed like a pretty good candidate for the strange pig monster from the very first teaser trailer - the one with the little "arm" sticking out of his right side. But then I quickly realised that this material was from a project he'd worked on at university Rolleyes

And so ends my utterly fascinating story.
(05-04-2013, 07:18 PM)darkely Wrote: [ -> ]Wow... you do realize Penumbra and Amnesia used check points too don't you? If you die in Penumbra or Amnesia you come back to the last CHECK POINT you hit.

Yeah, that's true but is way different. There are many differences between a checkpoint that implies the loss of every progress, and a checkpoint (like in TDD) that respawn you near the death point. Sorry for the English, man... Still trying to study it xD
(05-04-2013, 10:18 AM)Googolplex Wrote: [ -> ]Or in Dear Eshter, when I have to walk the long way again just because the game saves in every new area.

Or in Dear Eshter, when I have to walk the long way again

Or in Dear Eshter

Eshter

Eshter

Oh Googolplex.
(05-04-2013, 03:55 PM)Ossie Wrote: [ -> ]Initially I took that to mean that there are more outside areas than ATDD (which wouldn't be difficult!) - now I'm wondering if Dan meant that there are more outside areas than inside areas in AAMFP.

More than ATDD.
(05-04-2013, 10:45 PM)Spaceman Wrote: [ -> ]Or in Dear Eshter, when I have to walk the long way again

Or in Dear Eshter

Eshter

Eshter

Oh Googolplex.

See, you were so quick to judge Googolballs that you didn't realise he was referring to the Sean Connery remake of Dear Esther.

"Dear Eshter, I shumtimes feel ash if I've given birth to thish island. Shumwhere, between the longitude and latitude a shplit opened up and it breached remotely here. No matter how hard I correlate, it remainsh a shingularity, an alpha point in my life that refushesh all hypotheshish."
Heh... Googolballs.

They're all... flibbity gibbly.
(05-04-2013, 10:27 PM)Paddy Wrote: [ -> ]I thought for a split second that he'd inadvertently included some AAMFP monster art, because it seemed like a pretty good candidate for the strange pig monster from the very first teaser trailer - the one with the little "arm" sticking out of his right side. But then I quickly realised that this material was from a project he'd worked on at university Rolleyes

Interesting, I had never noticed the thing on his right arm. But I wonder if this is actually the HPL engine this guy worked on. Looks like it a bit, but not sure Smile
Someone wake me up when the game finally comes out, I can't find the effort to read all these posts to stay in the thread conversations anymore.

TiberiusBond out.